Elder Enrollment Strategy

Why do some Elder people always downplay Seton's success? Based on your posting history, it's almost like you envy what they've done but you just won't admit it.
Just ignore "omar". He is an IDIOT. I believe that most Elder "people" are happy for Seton's success. I'm an Elder grad. My 2 daughters went to Seton and my son went to Elder. All 3 had great high school years.

I think we all can agree that Seton is hitting on all cylinders right now which is great to see. Since the new administration arrived, they have doubled enrollment in a competitive market place including expanded where students are coming from (eastside, public schools, white oak, etc) through effective strategies (conservative catholic education/experience free of wokeness, furries, multiple prononouns, cat litter (LOL – most probably urban legend but it is rumored in other schools)), expanding opportunities within the school for girls to participate in, expanding their funding for new capital projects, etc, etc, etc. This is coming from the ability of a President to work on long-term goals/vision of the school without worrying about the day-to-day activities.

I will go back to my original question a couple pages ago – Seton’s hierarchical structure has positioned Seton to expand/grow, take advantage of opportunities - would Elder benefit from having such a structure? If so, then why haven't they gone to that structure? Is it Elder's Board of Limited Jurisdiction holding them back? Maybe the Archdiocese itself?

I will go back to my original question a couple pages ago – Seton’s hierarchical structure has positioned Seton to expand/grow, take advantage of opportunities - would Elder benefit from having such a structure? If so, then why haven't they gone to that structure? Is it Elder's Board of Limited Jurisdiction holding them back? Maybe the Archdiocese itself?
It's an interesting question. I think Elder is well ahead of the curve in terms of infrastructure, offerings and capital improvements when compared to where Seton was at. Seton was close to life support and needed a drastic change of direction to survive. Elder has been able to accomplish all of that with their current structure.

The one area I think it could help is expanding where students come from, but that would probably require someone to be in the President role that isn't an Elder guy, or at least it would make sense that they wouldn't be. I have no idea how the Board or the Archdiocese plays into that, but I'm guessing they have some say.

While I agree with all the comments regarding Seton and the administration structure they have that has made a huge impact on the growth and perception of what the school offers to families and students. The benefit of Mercy's mergers and lack of organization when it was done, created a new path to success and the biggest impact was the addition of the group of leaders timing to come back to Seton and hire more talent (people) that allows them to have singular focus on admission, donations and marketing of the school. Seton also benefits from Elder as well with the use of the facilities which should be understated in the marketing of the school. Both Seton and Elder benefits. Clearly the increase of students can impact families decision for Elders enrollment with the family dynamic for transportation and shared services etc.

Elder's infrastructure is solid based on the body of work they have done for new enrollments over the last few years. I do agree with everyone that Elder does run more on the lean side of personnel but gets the job done and most of us need to know that in Kurts role he does exactly what Otten did to secure funding from alumni outside of Ohio which puts in the role of president title even know its not stated. While others in the background run the day to day with Dr. Tucker and others. Elder does a great deal of successful work with less personnel but would hope that they could extend head count in the area's that could use more help. I still think they do a better job than most GCL schools in town but dont gloat about it or use 1 singular person to be the spokesperson of the school like Moeller does. i.e. BCohen

While I agree with all the comments regarding Seton and the administration structure they have that has made a huge impact on the growth and perception of what the school offers to families and students. The benefit of Mercy's mergers and lack of organization when it was done, created a new path to success and the biggest impact was the addition of the group of leaders timing to come back to Seton and hire more talent (people) that allows them to have singular focus on admission, donations and marketing of the school. Seton also benefits from Elder as well with the use of the facilities which should be understated in the marketing of the school. Both Seton and Elder benefits. Clearly the increase of students can impact families decision for Elders enrollment with the family dynamic for transportation and shared services etc.

Elder's infrastructure is solid based on the body of work they have done for new enrollments over the last few years. I do agree with everyone that Elder does run more on the lean side of personnel but gets the job done and most of us need to know that in Kurts role he does exactly what Otten did to secure funding from alumni outside of Ohio which puts in the role of president title even know its not stated. While others in the background run the day to day with Dr. Tucker and others. Elder does a great deal of successful work with less personnel but would hope that they could extend head count in the area's that could use more help. I still think they do a better job than most GCL schools in town but dont gloat about it or use 1 singular person to be the spokesperson of the school like Moeller does. i.e. BCohen
That’s my point. Seton deserves credit for taking full advantage of the opportunity they had. However, the point is they had an opportunity that Elder didn’t, so this implication that Seton is doing so much better than Elder isn’t really fair.

It's an interesting question. I think Elder is well ahead of the curve in terms of infrastructure, offerings and capital improvements when compared to where Seton was at. Seton was close to life support and needed a drastic change of direction to survive. Elder has been able to accomplish all of that with their current structure.

The one area I think it could help is expanding where students come from, but that would probably require someone to be in the President role that isn't an Elder guy, or at least it would make sense that they wouldn't be. I have no idea how the Board or the Archdiocese plays into that, but I'm guessing they have some say.
I agree, except I think an Elder grad is perfectly capable of coming in and handling that role.

I agree, except I think an Elder grad is perfectly capable of coming in and handling that role.
The right person could certainly be an Elder grad, but only if they are focused on the right vision. I don't think a person simply out tooting Elder's horn is the right way to approach it. People already know what Elder is about.

The marketing and strategy have to come first, then you go sell how Elder can meet the needs of their targets. They've typically taken the opposite approach (this is what we do at Elder, wanna come?). That's why I think a non-Elder grad would make more in-roads. But yes, certainly possible for an Elder grad with a different lens.

The right person could certainly be an Elder grad, but only if they are focused on the right vision. I don't think a person simply out tooting Elder's horn is the right way to approach it. People already know what Elder is about.

The marketing and strategy have to come first, then you go sell how Elder can meet the needs of their targets. They've typically taken the opposite approach (this is what we do at Elder, wanna come?). That's why I think a non-Elder grad would make more in-roads. But yes, certainly possible for an Elder grad with a different lens.
You also have to consider the pay probably isn’t great given the amount of work. A non grad might look at that a stepping stone job. And that still might work, but with an actual grad, there’s a degree of loyalty that probably keeps him around longer.

And I don't mean anything I wrote in a negative way. Elder has amazing brand recognition. They could continue what they've done for decades and still be just fine.

I just think if they want to grow, a similar marketing strategy could help them.

You also have to consider the pay probably isn’t great given the amount of work. A non grad might look at that a stepping stone job. And that still might work, but with an actual grad, there’s a degree of loyalty that probably keeps him around longer.
I agree. I think a former Exec level person that's sick of the corporate rat race would be perfect. Really good at what they do, has made their money, and wants more impact in life. That person would be perfect, whether that's an Elder grad or not. Hard to find though.

Would also be a great opportunity for a grad to give back in a meaningful way.

I think we all can agree that Seton is hitting on all cylinders right now which is great to see. Since the new administration arrived, they have doubled enrollment in a competitive market place including expanded where students are coming from (eastside, public schools, white oak, etc) through effective strategies (conservative catholic education/experience free of wokeness, furries, multiple prononouns, cat litter (LOL – most probably urban legend but it is rumored in other schools)), expanding opportunities within the school for girls to participate in, expanding their funding for new capital projects, etc, etc, etc. This is coming from the ability of a President to work on long-term goals/vision of the school without worrying about the day-to-day activities.

I just LOLed because there are people who actually believe the furries/cat litter thing and that "woke" stuff is a real threat.

On a serious note, La Salle is going the president/principal route as well. Seems to be working elsewhere like at Seton, so I'm hopeful.

On a serious note, La Salle is going the president/principal route as well.
Any word on who will be in those roles? Or any idea of when an announcement will be made? I saw on La Salle's website last week they originally planned to make the announcements by the end of January.

I just LOLed because there are people who actually believe the furries/cat litter thing and that "woke" stuff is a real threat.

On a serious note, La Salle is going the president/principal route as well. Seems to be working elsewhere like at Seton, so I'm hopeful.
Interesting enough - while the cat litter is very much an urban legend, the others is very much true and in the schools - families have shied away from other schools and migrated to Seton and some of the encouragement has come from parents with girls in other schools. As a point of reference, Usruline sent out an email to parents earlier in this school year telling parents that girls can no longer carry stuff animals down the halls as it was not in the dress code

Interesting enough - while the cat litter is very much an urban legend, the others is very much true and in the schools - families have shied away from other schools and migrated to Seton and some of the encouragement has come from parents with girls in other schools. As a point of reference, Usruline sent out an email to parents earlier in this school year telling parents that girls can no longer carry stuff animals down the halls as it was not in the dress code
Lol that example is completely different than what you were originally suggesting and I'd imagine there's more context to that email that you're either leaving out or don't know. Schools, teachers, etc. aren't indoctrinating or 'grooming' your kids; relax

Lol that example is completely different than what you were originally suggesting and I'd imagine there's more context to that email that you're either leaving out or don't know. Schools, teachers, etc. aren't indoctrinating or 'grooming' your kids; relax
Agreed, and every school has weird @$$ kids. Some to a much greater extent than others obviously.

Meh, it's overblown. Obviously people take it too far, but there is a big population of morons who think there is some "woke" boogeyman trying to ruin their lives, that elections are being stolen and even that the NFL is fixing games or "hates" certain teams. It's always some conspiracy against them. The country really has a problem with information literacy and the amount of media available exacerbates it. The recent-decades phenomenon of selective media exposure and the resulting audience segmentation alongside media deregulation has divided us and really made about 20-30 percent of the population insanely stupid.

Meh, it's overblown. Obviously people take it too far, but there is a big population of morons who think there is some "woke" boogeyman trying to ruin their lives, that elections are being stolen and even that the NFL is fixing games or "hates" certain teams. It's always some conspiracy against them. The country really has a problem with information literacy and the amount of media available exacerbates it. The recent-decades phenomenon of selective media exposure and the resulting audience segmentation alongside media deregulation has divided us and really made about 20-30 percent of the population insanely stupid.

What makes you an expert on what is being taught in schools across the country? Because it is not happening at your child's little private school, does not mean it does not exist at other schools.

What makes you an expert on what is being taught in schools across the country? Because it is not happening at your child's little private school, does not mean it does not exist at other schools.
There are bad teachers just as there are bad doctors, bad police officers, bad chefs, etc.

Sure there are cases where teachers "indoctrinate." Just as there are teachers & priests at parishes who don't teach the true values of the faith.

You can't make generalizations based off of a few people that suck at their jobs.

There are bad teachers just as there are bad doctors, bad police officers, bad chefs, etc.

Sure there are cases where teachers "indoctrinate." Just as there are teachers & priests at parishes who don't teach the true values of the faith.

You can't make generalizations based off of a few people that suck at their jobs.

Not talking about bad teachers. Talking about required curriculum from the school district to teach. I'm not going to pretend I'm an expert like MickeyMantle pretends to be, but, we're definitely not talking about a couple bad teachers here or there.

My only point was who is MickeyMantle to lecture us on what to believe? What makes him an expert, or should we just take his word for it since he is one of the best all time baseball players?

Not talking about bad teachers. Talking about required curriculum from the school district to teach. I'm not going to pretend I'm an expert like MickeyMantle pretends to be, but, we're definitely not talking about a couple bad teachers here or there.

My only point was who is MickeyMantle to lecture us on what to believe? What makes him an expert, or should we just take his word for it since he is one of the best all time baseball players?
Believe what you want. I'm just saying there is no boogeyman out there trying to turn your boys into girls and your girls into boys. School districts are not telling kids they can be cats. Nobody has stolen an election — not 2016, 2020 or 2022 as that lunatic in Arizona is still saying.

There are very substantial reasons I send my kid to a small Catholic school, not the least of which is teaching the faith. None of my reasons include a weird juvenile fear of pronouns or actual honest history that includes Black people and Native Americans or their realities.

Believe what you want. I'm just saying there is no boogeyman out there trying to turn your boys into girls and your girls into boys. School districts are not telling kids they can be cats. Nobody has stolen an election — not 2016, 2020 or 2022 as that lunatic in Arizona is still saying.

There are very substantial reasons I send my kid to a small Catholic school, not the least of which is teaching the faith. None of my reasons include a weird juvenile fear of pronouns or actual honest history that includes Black people and Native Americans or their realities.

Again, you have assumptions just like the other side of the argument.

Is there any example of required curriculum of any school in Cincinnati that is doing what you are talking about?

So I'm really confused what your talking about.

I'm not going to sit here and read a lecture from MickeyMantle when he is just throwing out generalizations. He offered no actual facts or first hand observations except the school his kids go to.

We should all believe there's no woke agendas going on in school districts because he said so. People fight back against these things, because when it happens at one school, then it goes to another, then another. The domino effect.

I'm not going to sit here and read a lecture from MickeyMantle when he is just throwing out generalizations. He offered no actual facts or first hand observations except the school his kids go to.

We should all believe there's no woke agendas going on in school districts because he said so. People fight back against these things, because when it happens at one school, then it goes to another, then another. The domino effect.
Again, there's some crap teachers pushing this, no schools or districts that I am aware of.

And like you said, we should believe it's happening because of the same generalizations you seem to be throwing around?

I don't get this narrative that so many on this sight have, not just this thread where they demand evidence, or demean others for lack of evidence, yet have none to offer themselves. It's always prove it to me but trust what I'm saying.

Extreme left and extreme right are both pushing this "woke nonsense" because the more we fight, and the more divided we are the richer the media companies become for peddling it. The more we fight over stuff that isn't important means we don't pay attention to things that actually are happening.