EBC Football 2023

Alliance posters....

You have now seen both WB and Carrollton.. What are your thoughts on both teams? Strengths/ Weakness and how do you see this game playing out?

Alliance posters....

You have now seen both WB and Carrollton.. What are your thoughts on both teams? Strengths/ Weakness and how do you see this game playing out?
If y’all can stop the run, you guys will win big. Our defense and coaches couldn’t make the right adjustments. Hopefully you guys are healthy and ready to go. Carrollton will grind teams down then pop out with a pass play. Good luck

If y’all can stop the run, you guys will win big. Our defense and coaches couldn’t make the right adjustments. Hopefully you guys are healthy and ready to go. Carrollton will grind teams down then pop out with a pass play. Good luck
What adjustments do you believe should have been made vs Carrollton? I didn’t see that game I’m just curious what the flyers strategy was vs condensed formations .

What adjustments do you believe should have been made vs Carrollton? I didn’t see that game I’m just curious what the flyers strategy was vs condensed formations .

I say we first start with. When the the game is on the line or in general why isn’t your BEST 11 on the field at all times. Why are play markers on the sideline when asking to be put in on Defense.

Week 9

WB races past Carrollton... WB just had to much speed and Offense for Carrollton to be able to stay in this one....

Alliance soars over Lions.
Marlington tops Quakers...

On to Rivalry week 10

Warriors look for their 4th Consecutive EBC title as they travel to Quakertown in the always closer than normal Rivalry game...

Alliance & Marlington in a key game as this is basically a play in game for a playoff birth.

Carrollton vs, Minerva Unfortunately I don't see Minerva hanging around too much after halftime...

Gotta give credit where it’s due, WB went from snapping the beyond brutally long minerva losing streak, to now a 4 peat conference champion, I don’t know what’s in the water over there right now, but they should keep drinking it.
Regardless, hoping Carrollton finds they’re own way into the playoffs, once your in anything could happen.

The offensive points scored and defensive points allowed averages of Eastern Buckeye Conference teams through Week 9 of the high school football season:

OFFENSIVE POINTS-PER GAME AVERAGES:

1. West Branch (45.5 ppg.)
2. Alliance (39.6 ppg.)
3. Marlington (32.0 ppg.)
4. Carrollton (22.8 ppg.)
5. Salem (14.1 ppg.)
6. Minerva (6.8 ppg)

DEFENSIVE POINTS ALLOWED PER-GAME AVERAGES:

1. West Branch (19.7 ppg.)
2. Marlington (23.44 ppg.)
3. Alliance (25.3 ppg.)
4. Carrollton (27 ppg.)
5. Salem (32.5 ppg.)
6. Minerva (48.2 ppg.)

Kinda hard to believe with getting 16 teams in per region now that this league will probably only have 2 teams in the postseason
The league is just really bad this year, I think everyone saw it coming. But it is disappointing that neither Carrollton or Marlington are going to make it with their fairly impressive seasons given what they had coming into this year

The league is just really bad this year, I think everyone saw it coming. But it is disappointing that neither Carrollton or Marlington are going to make it with their fairly impressive seasons given what they had coming into this year
Minerva and Salem really hurt the league this year. Zero non-league wins between the 2 of them really hurts the other teams.

Minerva and Salem really hurt the league this year. Zero non-league wins between the 2 of them really hurts the other teams.
No question about that. A credit to them both though their out of conference schedules were pretty strong. Minerva will likely only have one team with a losing record on their schedule (Salem), and Salem has a top 20 strength of schedule in D4 this year and without having Minerva in there they'd likely be top 15. But in down years like this that strength is quite the burden the bear.

No question about that. A credit to them both though their out of conference schedules were pretty strong. Minerva will likely only have one team with a losing record on their schedule (Salem), and Salem has a top 20 strength of schedule in D4 this year and without having Minerva in there they'd likely be top 15. But in down years like this that strength is quite the burden the bear.
I really hope the Lions can turn it around. I think there is some hope in the lower grades but we have been hearing that we are 2 years away for a decade now. It will be really good for everybody if they can get to around 500 or even just win 3 game per year.

Carrollton big over Minerva
West Branch big over Salem

Tough break for Carrollton who finishes the year 6-4 with a major upset of Alliance but will miss the playoffs. The slow starts in weeks 2 and 3 really came back to bite them
Carrollton has not been eliminated yet. Kenmore Garfield plays tomorrow and if they win Carrollton can tie for the 16th seed.

Carrollton has not been eliminated yet. Kenmore Garfield plays tomorrow and if they win Carrollton can tie for the 16th seed.
My understanding was that regardless of how it goes the L3 points situation was not going to work in our favor but I admittedly don't completely understand the breakdown of it

My understanding was that regardless of how it goes the L3 points situation was not going to work in our favor but I admittedly don't completely understand the breakdown of it
I heard they have very little chance. Regardless they had a great year considering what the preseason predictions were.

So this is third-hand info (don’t shoot the messenger), but it was mentioned to me after the game last night Salem might make a play for the open spot in the NE8?

Again I’m not convinced by any means and don’t know what it exactly would help. Just curious if the rumblings exist elsewhere. I know everyone always thought Salem and WB would stay handcuffed back when the NBC was crapping out, but also there’s 2 decades of proof that they don’t have to be.

Very concerned about Minerva's program after talking to some folks with kids on the team last night. Is Speakman going to stay? Do they have the right staff? Why do kids continue to drop from the program? Everyone understands that the talent is down as always, but what strides were made In the entire program? I know grades 7,8,9 are good but are linemen and quarterbacks being developed or do they rely on a few good athletes to carry them?

these are some of the concerns I heard from the fans last night. It's getting hard to watch when you know there is no chance every game, it has to be hard to play as a kid

Very concerned about Minerva's program after talking to some folks with kids on the team last night. Is Speakman going to stay? Do they have the right staff? Why do kids continue to drop from the program? Everyone understands that the talent is down as always, but what strides were made In the entire program? I know grades 7,8,9 are good but are linemen and quarterbacks being developed or do they rely on a few good athletes to carry them?

these are some of the concerns I heard from the fans last night. It's getting hard to watch when you know there is no chance every game, it has to be hard to play as a kid

One of my favorite topics is to talk about how to better the Minerva program and I believe there is a few options. I’m not saying either of them are the correct way but to me it makes sense.

every year we hear the “Minerva is rebuilding and have talent at the lower levels” and still get the same result on a Friday Night.

1) Stop hiring people that are former players or have ties to Minerva. If Speakman is done, higher someone from the outside. I personally feel the small town of Minerva only love their own people. But the former players who become coaches want to run the program like they did in their day. Calling the old plays, doing the old drills. Unfortunately the game has changed. What worked in the 80s,90s, early 2000s may not fully work in todays game. So go find a coordinator out side of Minerva let him build his staff the way he wants to, and let him go to work. There are a lot of young coordinators in stark that would love to be a head coach. But if this happens yet him run it the way he wants. And fully support him!!

2) quit hiring the same coaches over and over and over again. Idk how many times I got to see for example of Wilson on the sideline from head coach to offensive coordinator to offensive coordinator to linemen coach. Same guy different roles. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

3) Talk to Sebring. Go to 8 man football. Carry 16 players on a team or 20. Make 2 8 man football teams if you need to. Rebuild that way. Get wins, build a system. And then come back slowly to 11 man football.

4) find coaches that can teach football. Don’t hire because they was good athletes from minerva. Find some guys that can simplify, teach and coach the positions. Sometimes it’s not about the X’s and O’s. Sometimes it’s about the Jimmy and Joes.

Minerva has a nice weight room. It might not be the biggest but it can get the job done. Nice locker room facility. And a nice little stadium. A lot can be done there.

When the 0-10 streak started I remember hearing “ there’s no talent” but sometimes it’s not the kids it’s the coaches. Sometimes coaches go in with a mind set if we are running these plays and try to make the players fit those roles instead of knowing your strengths and making plays towards that.

got to find someone who is actually going to put in the time to take over the youth, middle school and high school so that all coaches and players are kinda on the same system and build from there. Need a coach who can actually take over the youth to the way he wants to be and put in the work instead of just showing up here and there.

I know a few coordinators who would be a great head coach and would take the team this year and have 3-4 wins.

One of my favorite topics is to talk about how to better the Minerva program and I believe there is a few options. I’m not saying either of them are the correct way but to me it makes sense.

every year we hear the “Minerva is rebuilding and have talent at the lower levels” and still get the same result on a Friday Night.

1) Stop hiring people that are former players or have ties to Minerva. If Speakman is done, higher someone from the outside. I personally feel the small town of Minerva only love their own people. But the former players who become coaches want to run the program like they did in their day. Calling the old plays, doing the old drills. Unfortunately the game has changed. What worked in the 80s,90s, early 2000s may not fully work in todays game. So go find a coordinator out side of Minerva let him build his staff the way he wants to, and let him go to work. There are a lot of young coordinators in stark that would love to be a head coach. But if this happens yet him run it the way he wants. And fully support him!!

2) quit hiring the same coaches over and over and over again. Idk how many times I got to see for example of Wilson on the sideline from head coach to offensive coordinator to offensive coordinator to linemen coach. Same guy different roles. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

3) Talk to Sebring. Go to 8 man football. Carry 16 players on a team or 20. Make 2 8 man football teams if you need to. Rebuild that way. Get wins, build a system. And then come back slowly to 11 man football.

4) find coaches that can teach football. Don’t hire because they was good athletes from minerva. Find some guys that can simplify, teach and coach the positions. Sometimes it’s not about the X’s and O’s. Sometimes it’s about the Jimmy and Joes.

Minerva has a nice weight room. It might not be the biggest but it can get the job done. Nice locker room facility. And a nice little stadium. A lot can be done there.

When the 0-10 streak started I remember hearing “ there’s no talent” but sometimes it’s not the kids it’s the coaches. Sometimes coaches go in with a mind set if we are running these plays and try to make the players fit those roles instead of knowing your strengths and making plays towards that.

got to find someone who is actually going to put in the time to take over the youth, middle school and high school so that all coaches and players are kinda on the same system and build from there. Need a coach who can actually take over the youth to the way he wants to be and put in the work instead of just showing up here and there.

I know a few coordinators who would be a great head coach and would take the team this year and have 3-4 wins.
Make sure you put in your application when they post

So this is third-hand info (don’t shoot the messenger), but it was mentioned to me after the game last night Salem might make a play for the open spot in the NE8?

Again I’m not convinced by any means and don’t know what it exactly would help. Just curious if the rumblings exist elsewhere. I know everyone always thought Salem and WB would stay handcuffed back when the NBC was crapping out, but also there’s 2 decades of proof that they don’t have to be.
Might not be a bad idea after all. I too don't believe it always has to be a package deal.
Salem has a lot of past rivalries with several NE8/(7) schools. I think it'd be a great pickup for our conference. Salem does support all of their athletic teams and has superb facilities to boot. If and when we can ditch Lakeview :p from the conference, I could see WB easily being the replacement. And WB also has decent facilities and tremendous community support.

If it's all just hearsay, then perhaps Beaver Local will take Jefferson's place. They did play four football games this year against the NE8. (Lost 'em all)

I personally hope Salem throws their hat in the ring. They would be a perfect addition. I would dread either Y'town school entering. Their fan support is virtually nonexistent. They bring nothing to the table. Nothing. :stirthepot:
I guess we'll see.

Might not be a bad idea after all. I too don't believe it always has to be a package deal.
Salem has a lot of past rivalries with several NE8/(7) schools. I think it'd be a great pickup for our conference. Salem does support all of their athletic teams and has superb facilities to boot. If and when we can ditch Lakeview :p from the conference, I could see WB easily being the replacement. And WB also has decent facilities and tremendous community support.

If it's all just hearsay, then perhaps Beaver Local will take Jefferson's place. They did play four football games this year against the NE8. (Lost 'em all)

I personally hope Salem throws their hat in the ring. They would be a perfect addition. I would dread either Y'town school entering. Their fan support is virtually nonexistent. They bring nothing to the table. Nothing. :stirthepot:
I guess we'll see.
It’s a bad move for Salem to join the ne8, and beaver local isn’t happening after what happened with them against the ne8 this season