Welcome to the 2023 Eastern Buckeye Conference Thread

Heres my Standing Predictions:
1.) West Branch
2.) Alliance
3.) Carrollton
4.) Salem
5.) Marlington
6.) Minerva

The talent levels this year at Minerva and marlington are just outrageous, I don’t even think they can’t beat teams like Sebring 😂

How can a 0-10 team “build”??
Really … you are just trolling ? … many times early on in building a program … doesn’t show improvement in record book … improvement in attendance, improvement in work ethic, especially in the weight room, improvement in the lower grades …all contribute to a team improving … from what I am hearing this is happening in Minerva … and it wasn’t that long ago WB was struggling (2019 I think)

Really … you are just trolling ? … many times early on in building a program … doesn’t show improvement in record book … improvement in attendance, improvement in work ethic, especially in the weight room, improvement in the lower grades …all contribute to a team improving … from what I am hearing this is happening in Minerva … and it wasn’t that long ago WB was struggling (2019 I think)
He was clearly trolling, and now he is banned. There’s nothing you can do from being 0-10 other than build lol

I think this year can be very interesting and should be exciting ! Here are my personal predictions:
1 WB. They have won three in a row and seems wrong to take them down from one until they lose. Dru is a big loss but lots of weapons back
2 Alliance. Dangerous team can definitely win it all
3 Carrollton. A team that can beat anyone on any given Friday night
4 Salem. Interested to see how they will look this year
5. Marlington. Couple rough seasons hope to see them turn it around
6. Minerva. Once again have had a rough stretch and hope to see success come their way soon

Hello fellow EBC football fans. I’m new to this site but I’ll give my 2 cents on standings.
1 Alliance they have many weapons with the addition of Marlington corner Jaden Proctor they have all the weapons
2 west branch: they lost their line and dru but they still have weapons but will fall short of alliance in the standings
3 Carrollton: Very disciplined who can beat anyone any given night
4 Salem: Still have some weapons, and they could sneak up on some teams and in my opinion they could finish 2nd at their best
5 Marlington: they have a new coach so it will be interesting to see where they’ll finish. But I don’t expect much this year
6 Minerva: they’re just not good. I feel bad for those kids

Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 09.56.14.png

Hello fellow EBC football fans. I’m new to this site but I’ll give my 2 cents on standings.
1 Alliance they have many weapons with the addition of Marlington corner Jaden Proctor they have all the weapons
2 west branch: they lost their line and dru but they still have weapons but will fall short of alliance in the standings
3 Carrollton: Very disciplined who can beat anyone any given night
4 Salem: Still have some weapons, and they could sneak up on some teams and in my opinion they could finish 2nd at their best
5 Marlington: they have a new coach so it will be interesting to see where they’ll finish. But I don’t expect much this year
6 Minerva: they’re just not good. I feel bad for those kids
The jaden proctor kid can’t tackle, if you watch him on film vs Carrollton the kid was obviously scared to tackle Chase Oehlstrom the 5’7 Running back.. I don’t see how he can help the Alliance Defense.

West Branch is loaded again. Its varsity, JV and freshmen teams haven't lost a league game in the past three years. I think the league title comes down to West Branch and Alliance, which is also loaded as well. For the first time in three years, West Branch will play Alliance in Beloit.

West Branch has an amazing football streak against Carrollton, the longest in the current history of the NBC turned EBC. West Branch has defeated Carrollton 12 straight years and has beaten some very good Carrollton teams during that time.

1. Alliance
2. West Branch
3. Everyone else

Alliance should have the most talented team from top to bottom, West Branch should be able to patch many of the holes but the gaps along the line may prove to be a bigger deal than some realize. I'd say Carrollton is probably next but the margin between them and Marlington/Salem is pretty thin. Minerva should still be pretty bad unfortunately, maybe they can sneak out a conference win but I think we're still years away from that

West Branch and Alliance once again have the strongest non-conference schedules in the EBC, although Salem's independent slate is pretty strong with Poland, Beaver Local, which should be strong again, and Parma Padua, with its great QB. West Branch vs. Canfield in the opener at Cardinal Stadium should be another great matchup, as both teams move on from their graduated All-Ohio quarterbacks but have tons of talent returning. This is the last scheduled meeting between Canfield and West Branch, as the Warriors have picked up the Hubbard Eagles for their opener in 2024.

I see it as Alliance and West Branch as a 2 team race. Both should be really good. Salem and Carrollton will be average, Marlington down and Minerva will struggle to get a league win. The Lion are still a a year or 2 away. I don't see the league as balanced as it was last season.

1. Alliance
2. West Branch
3. Everyone else

Alliance should have the most talented team from top to bottom, West Branch should be able to patch many of the holes but the gaps along the line may prove to be a bigger deal than some realize. I'd say Carrollton is probably next but the margin between them and Marlington/Salem is pretty thin. Minerva should still be pretty bad unfortunately, maybe they can sneak out a conference win but I think we're still years away from that
I agree 100%. Alliance and WB will be the big 2. Minerva will have a solid freshman class, decent sophomore class, a couple of good junior skilled kids and a very weak senior class. I think they will be better than last year but I think will struggle to be competitive in the EBC. They need to keep the 7,8 and 9 classes playing because they are really good.

I agree 100%. Alliance and WB will be the big 2. Minerva will have a solid freshman class, decent sophomore class, a couple of good junior skilled kids and a very weak senior class. I think they will be better than last year but I think will struggle to be competitive in the EBC. They need to keep the 7,8 and 9 classes playing because they are really good.
They got a pretty solid QB 7th or 8th grade I’m not sure but he’s solid if they can build around him they can bring it back to relevancy

I think you guys have this correct.

Battle for 1st: Alliance and West Branch
Battle for 3rd: Carrollton and Salem
Battle for 5th: Marlington and Minerva

They got a pretty solid QB 7th or 8th grade I’m not sure but he’s solid if they can build around him they can bring it back to relevancy
So far Speakman is doing a very good job focusing on lower levels and keeping those kids playing and focusing in the weight room. Patience is key because 2023 will likely be another tough year. Although I was a little disappointed that our head football coach is also the head girls softball coach. It's hard to serve 2 masters when you're a head football coach, in my opinion.

Because they are so evenly matched, the fact that the Alliance-West Branch game is in Beloit this year could be a factor. Both teams will sport awesome offenses. Due to league schedule rotation, West Branch had to beat Alliance at Alliance the last two seasons, which was accomplished but quite a task. To tell you how entertaining and evenly matched the Alliance-West Branch series has been, consider this: After 18 meetings, the series is dead even at nine wins for the Aviators and nine wins for the Warriors.