EBC Football 2023

Interesting to see how many career wins all of those schools have and there win percentage... If you get bored LOL
Here are the all-time historical records, according to fourseasonsfootball.com, for EBC members heading into this weekend's Week 7 games:

All-time historical wins
1. Alliance, which began playing football in 1902: (573 wins, 525 losses & 43 ties (there were many ties back then, for a .521 winning percentage).
2. Salem, which began playing football in 1901 (551 wins, 573 losses and 43 ties for a .491 winning percentage)
3. Minerva, which began playing football in 1909 (488 wins, 449 losses and 33 ties for a .520 winning percentage)
4. West Branch, which began playing football in 1960 (399 wins, 253 losses and six ties for a .611 winning percentage)
5. Carrollton, which began playing football in 1908 (379 wins, 482 losses and 33 ties for a .442 winning percentage)
6. Marlington, which began playing football in 1958 (256 wins, 395 losses and nine ties for a .395 winning percentage)

All-time historical winning percentages
1. West Branch (.611)
2. Alliance (.521)
3. Minerva (.520)
4. Salem (.491)
5. Carrollton (.442)
6. Marlington (.395)

Here are the all-time historical records, according to fourseasonsfootball.com, for EBC members heading into this weekend's Week 7 games:

All-time historical wins
1. Alliance, which began playing football in 1902: (573 wins, 525 losses & 43 ties (there were many ties back then, for a .521 winning percentage).
2. Salem, which began playing football in 1901 (551 wins, 573 losses and 43 ties for a .491 winning percentage)
3. Minerva, which began playing football in 1909 (488 wins, 449 losses and 33 ties for a .520 winning percentage)
4. West Branch, which began playing football in 1960 (399 wins, 253 losses and six ties for a .611 winning percentage)
5. Carrollton, which began playing football in 1908 (379 wins, 482 losses and 33 ties for a .442 winning percentage)
6. Marlington, which began playing football in 1958 (256 wins, 395 losses and nine ties for a .395 winning percentage)

All-time historical winning percentages
1. West Branch (.611)
2. Alliance (.521)
3. Minerva (.520)
4. Salem (.491)
5. Carrollton (.442)
6. Marlington (.395)
that's sad take last 15 years out Minerva must have been .600 winning pct, just curious when was their last winning season

that's sad take last 15 years out Minerva must have been .600 winning pct, just curious when was their last winning season
2013 (6-4)

This year makes it a decade since the last winning season for the Lions. And there have only been 13 wins across the decade thus far

WB in a running clock - Marlington Cinderella story is over
Quakers 21-20 in OT
Alliance in a tight one if Carrollton can score early and get some confidence. If not I could see alliance pull away late imo the most interesting game of the EBC

I was looking at fourseasonsfootball.com for the historical first-ever games played by current EBC schools when their football programs initially began way back in the day.

Here’s a look:
Alliance: First-ever game against Wooster in 1902 (a 15-0 Alliance loss)
Marlington: First-ever game against Dover St. Joseph in 1958 (a 20-6 Marlington win)
West Branch: First-ever game against United Local in 1960 (a 38-6 West Branch win)
Minerva: First-ever game against Canton in 1909 (a 26-0 Minerva loss)
Salem: First-ever game against Sebring in 1901 (a 0-0 tie)
Carrollton: First-ever game against Canton in 1908 (a 39-0 Carrollton loss)
I think Alliance goes a little further then that I will check

West Branch has compiled a 5-1 record while playing four of its first six games on the road. Starting tonight, Warriors are at home for the next three weeks.

Last edited:
Wow, I don’t want to jump on the aviators but you are looking 6-4 right in the face. But still better then my 1-9 Quakers , maybe RJ’s stink rubbed off on the aviators
That’s very likely. The play calling is mind boggling and the effort doesn’t always seem to be there. I left the game at halftime. This is 2 weeks in a row we fail to make adjustments and the announcers call us on it.

That’s very likely. The play calling is mind boggling and the effort doesn’t always seem to be there. I left the game at halftime. This is 2 weeks in a row we fail to make adjustments and the announcers call us on it.
Could you elaborate? I wasn’t at the game tonight,Offense or Defense?

Carrollton (4-3) has put together back-to-back impressive wins over Marlington and Alliance and has won three straight. In the past 3 games, Carrollton is averaging 37.6 points-per-game.

It's insane to me that a team with an Oklahoma commit at QB lost to a team that had to go to OT against a team that is 1-15 over the last two seasons. It's pretty inexcusable

Last edited:
Here are the offensive points scored and defensive points allowed averages for EBC teams through Week 7 of the high school football season.

OFFENSIVE POINTS PER-GAME:
1. West Branch (44.5 ppg.)
2. Alliance (36.8 ppg.)
3. Marlington (28.8 ppg.)
4. Carrollton (24.7 ppg.)
5. Salem (14.2 ppg.)
6. Minerva (7.8 ppg.)

DEFENSIVE POINTS ALLOWED PER-GAME:
1. West Branch (17.5 ppg.)
2. Marlington (26.2 ppg.)
3. Carrollton (26.7 ppg.)
4. Alliance (27 ppg.)
5. Salem (33.5 ppg.)
6. Minerva (46.2 ppg.)

The stadium is nice, I'm not sure about anything else there but are facilities really a big factor for coaches? I know West Branch has arguably the worst of everything in the league but I'd bet they'd be the most appealing job in the conference if it opened
You know it's funny because West Branch has a really good football tradition and they have some really nice facilities for other sports. But you are right, facilities actually mean very little. It's the coach. You get the right head coach and your program will thrive regardless of facilities.

Could you elaborate? I wasn’t at the game tonight,Offense or Defense?
Just like the streetsboro and ccc games. We couldn’t stop the run. No matter what. And I get we have an Oklahoma recruit as a qb but I don’t see them using all their weapons. Calling 15-20 qb draws and sneaks a game isn’t goin to do anything after the first couple of runs he breaks off. I know they have a few kids injured but coaching goes a long way too.

While I can see why the discussion of getting rid of of Ron Jon is merited, be careful what you wish for. I don’t exactly recall Salem being a powerhouse in the days before RJ. The next chapter may not be very bright either.

Started steadily uphill with Phillips in the early 2000s, Miller undid it all in approximately 5 minutes, but the run under Kopachy and Johnson the past 15 years has been solid.

Johnson isn’t going to win any popularity contests but he is a good coach. I expect he resigns since his kid is gone and the team fell off of a cliff this year. Had it not been this bad this year maybe he sticks around longer, but I can see him being like “what’s the point”?

Started steadily uphill with Phillips in the early 2000s, Miller undid it all in approximately 5 minutes, but the run under Kopachy and Johnson the past 15 years has been solid.

Johnson isn’t going to win any popularity contests but he is a good coach. I expect he resigns since his kid is gone and the team fell off of a cliff this year. Had it not been this bad this year maybe he sticks around longer, but I can see him being like “what’s the point”?
I would imagine he knew it was going to fall off the cliff this season and his decision to stay there after his son left for college is a sign he intends to stay there

Here are the offensive points scored and defensive points allowed averages for EBC teams through Week 7 of the high school football season.

OFFENSIVE POINTS PER-GAME:
1. West Branch (44.5 ppg.)
2. Alliance (36.8 ppg.)
3. Marlington (28.8 ppg.)
4. Carrollton (24.7 ppg.)
5. Salem (14.2 ppg.)
6. Minerva (7.8 ppg.)

DEFENSIVE POINTS ALLOWED PER-GAME:
1. West Branch (17.5 ppg.)
2. Marlington (26.2 ppg.)
3. Carrollton (26.7 ppg.)
4. Alliance (27 ppg.)
5. Salem (33.5 ppg.)
6. Minerva (46.2 ppg.)
West Branch defense appears to be coming alive at a convenient time in the season. Three straight shutouts. Warriors have two strong offenses coming to town and then the rivalry game. If the defense keeps playing well, I think they can win a really stacked region. Also, congrats on 400 program wins!

West Branch defense appears to be coming alive at a convenient time in the season. Three straight shutouts. Warriors have two strong offenses coming to town and then the rivalry game. If the defense keeps playing well, I think they can win a really stacked region. Also, congrats on 400 program wins!
I wish WB would have faced better competition the last 3 weeks, it's not their fault but they really haven't played anyone since Ridgewood in week 4. Looks like Alliance and Carrollton could be good games. WB had a lot of excellent skilled kids returning and will be a dangerous team in the playoffs. And it appears that they are still pretty young and will be loaded next season too

I think Alliance goes a little further then that I will check
My records, taken from other teams' historical data, have Alliance 4-2 vs. Salem between 1895-1898 and 0-2 vs. Canton McKinley in 1895. They have may played some non-school teams back then as well, and unfortunately those records are probably lost forever.
Just FYI, I have Alliance's all-time record as 574-503-43.
Others may have a more definitive collection from 1902-1909. Alan Aldinger did a fantastic job with the records from 1910-1979.