EBC Football 2023

Picks for Week 6
Alliance Running Clock
West Branch Running Clock

The winner of the Carrollton-Marlington game will be the 3rd place finisher of the league. Toss up, I’ll go with the warriors

Apparently Salem has lost 7 starters to injury for the season, including their best overall player before the season began. It was going to be a down year anyhow, and then all that happened. Bad luck for sure.

For what it 's worth! Minerva has been down to 3rd string quarterback for 2 weeks, starter out since week 3, lost 3 year starter at center for season, week 1. also starting offensive line, who were all seniors! Never played a single snap together all season! Like I said for what it's worth!✌️

Here are the offensive scoring and defensive points allowed averages for Eastern Buckeye Conference teams through Week 6 of the high school football season:

OFFENSIVE POINTS PER GAME:

1. West Branch (42.6 ppg.)
2. Alliance (37.8 ppg.)
3. Marlington (33.6 ppg.)
4. Carrollton (23.3 ppg.)
5. Salem (10.6 ppg.)
6. Minerva (8.0 ppg.)

DEFENSIVE POINTS ALLOWED PER GAME:

1. West Branch 20.5 ppg.)
2. Marlington (21.3 ppg.)
3. Alliance 24.6 ppg.)
4. Carrollton (26.5 ppg.)
5. Salem (38.0 ppg.)
6. Minerva (48.0 ppg.)

Just to throw out a little change of pace.... it sure would have been nice to see Canton South stick around for a couple more years... would have been some epic games with Poochie Snyder going head to head with Zurbrugg and Deshields and now Alazaus at West Branch.. Those would have some entertaining games we could talk about.
South was tired of not winning league titles. Well their whole league shared a title last year (congrats) and after this class it probably (south program) goes back to .500

I'm not saying it's a given, but West Branch has to feel good about its final four regular-season games, three of which are at home (Marlington, Alliance and Carrollton) and the one road game is at Salem in Week 10. West Branch has only lost two games in Beloit in the past 3-plus years and that was to Ursuline (38-31) in the playoffs in 2020 and to Canfield (35-31) in 2022, which went on to win the state title. West Branch is 20-2 (including playoff wins) at home since 2020, with 3 different starting quarterbacks playing in that time frame.

@A better day for all
I do not anticipate West Branch having any trouble winning the remaining 4 games on their schedule. That said the Canfield team that won the State Championship last year and the Canfield team you played in week 1 are two different teams. A weird thing to think about is that West Branch probably beats Canfield if they were to play right now with Canfield's injuries. Conversely if West Branch would have played Canfield at the end of the season last year they would have been slaughtered.
At any rate, I think West Branch has a decent chance of winning region 13, it seems like there is no clear favorite.

Week 7 Matchups

Marlington 4-2 @ West Branch 5-1

Salem 0-6 @ Minerva 0-6

Carrollton 3-3 @ Alliance 4-2

Games are a little more competitive than last weeks...

I like WB at home

Salem on the road

Alliance at home

West Branch (5-1) goes for the program's 400th win in school history Friday night against Marlington (4-2) at Clinton Heacock Stadium. They are 399-253-6 (.611 winning percentage) entering this week's game.

West Branch (5-1) goes for the program's 400th win in school history Friday night against Marlington (4-2) at Clinton Heacock Stadium. They are 399-253-6 (.611 winning percentage) entering this week's game.
400 passing yards for the 400th win?
No Way Wow GIF

I was looking at fourseasonsfootball.com for the historical first-ever games played by current EBC schools when their football programs initially began way back in the day.

Here’s a look:
Alliance: First-ever game against Wooster in 1902 (a 15-0 Alliance loss)
Marlington: First-ever game against Dover St. Joseph in 1958 (a 20-6 Marlington win)
West Branch: First-ever game against United Local in 1960 (a 38-6 West Branch win)
Minerva: First-ever game against Canton in 1909 (a 26-0 Minerva loss)
Salem: First-ever game against Sebring in 1901 (a 0-0 tie)
Carrollton: First-ever game against Canton in 1908 (a 39-0 Carrollton loss)

I was looking at fourseasonsfootball.com for the historical first-ever games played by current EBC schools when their football programs initially began way back in the day.

Here’s a look:
Alliance: First-ever game against Wooster in 1902 (a 15-0 Alliance loss)
Marlington: First-ever game against Dover St. Joseph in 1958 (a 20-6 Marlington win)
West Branch: First-ever game against United Local in 1960 (a 38-6 West Branch win)
Minerva: First-ever game against Canton in 1909 (a 26-0 Minerva loss)
Salem: First-ever game against Sebring in 1901 (a 0-0 tie)
Carrollton: First-ever game against Canton in 1908 (a 39-0 Carrollton loss)
Interesting to see how many career wins all of those schools have and there win percentage... If you get bored LOL

When it rains it pours, gonna be a showdown when Minerva plays them
That’s the game, I didn’t think Salem was gonna be that good this year, but I didn’t expect that kind of drop off. Heard about the Davidson kid before the season which is obviously huge, but if they really have lost that many starters, that explains a lot. I think people thought they would be down, but competitive. It’s been a blitz. Any bright spots for the Quakers?

That’s the game, I didn’t think Salem was gonna be that good this year, but I didn’t expect that kind of drop off. Heard about the Davidson kid before the season which is obviously huge, but if they really have lost that many starters, that explains a lot. I think people thought they would be down, but competitive. It’s been a blitz. Any bright spots for the Quakers?
@SadQuakerSam