EBC Football 2023

I haven’t looked at it too much but would expect region 9 is going to be rooting for Alliance to win the WB game and move up in the computer poll. Imagine having to face Alliance in the first round after earning a high seed? Tough first rounder.

Week 6 is here... Time to start EBC play here are this weeks Matchups....

West Branch 4-1 @ MInerva 0-5

Salem 0-5 @ Alliance 3-2

Marlington 4-1* @ Carrollton 2-3

What are everyones thoughts rolling into this week?

Last edited:
Week 6 is here... Time to start EBC play here are this weeks Matchups....

West Branch 4-1 @ MInerva 0-5

Salem 0-5 @ Alliance 3-2

Marlington 4-1* @ Carrollton 2-3

What are everyones thoughts rolling into this week?
My thoughts:
-Bowel movements get more difficult each season.
-Marlington @ Carrollton is the only tossup game this week in the EBC.
-Salem has played some competitive games this year against a tough schedule with nothing to show for. Do they have a better chance of upsetting WB or Alliance, or going 1-9?
-Alliance could possibly have an easier path in their region than West Branch come playoff time.
-Who has the most reliable defense in the league this year?
-Why is Donald Trump's Motorcade so damn big?

My thoughts:
-Bowel movements get more difficult each season.
-Marlington @ Carrollton is the only tossup game this week in the EBC.
-Salem has played some competitive games this year against a tough schedule with nothing to show for. Do they have a better chance of upsetting WB or Alliance, or going 1-9?
-Alliance could possibly have an easier path in their region than West Branch come playoff time.
-Who has the most reliable defense in the league this year?
-Why is Donald Trump's Motorcade so damn big?
What Salem game have you watched them be competitive in?

Last season should have been the final chapter, yet here we are. Again.

And typically I see one Minerva game a year. I don't anticipate I will make this years game, got to keep earning that time and a half at Freshmark. Got some big plans for the ole Honda Civic this

Last season should have been the final chapter, yet here we are. Again.

And typically I see one Minerva game a year. I don't anticipate I will make this years game, got to keep earning that time and a half at Freshmark. Got some big plans for the ole Honda Civic this winter.
✌️✌️✌️

I take it you don't see a lot of minerva games? You'll beat us by 20 in 2 weeks in minerva! ✌️ This program is in shambles!
3-82 record since 2015 - Shambles is an understatement. Holding out hope that Speakman is building something at the lower levels and get this think turned around .

3-82 record since 2015 - Shambles is an understatement. Holding out hope that Speakman is building something at the lower levels and get this think turned around .
The good news is they've been super competent at the junior high level in the league the last few years, the bad news is the league has been very bad the last few years at the junior high level. No clue what to make of it. Junior High results aren't indicative of what you'll do in high school but it seems like maybe a ray of hope in the black nothingness that has been Lion football for the last decade

Who has the most surprising record as we enter league play? Personally I am surprised by Marlingtons performance so far at 4-1 , what a turnaround. Alliance is also a slight surprise at 3-2, pre-season I had them pegged at 4-1 after a great win at lake 5-0 seemed almost inevitable. While their current record isn’t that much of a surprise I certainly didn’t see a loss to CCC this year for the flyers.

The good news is they've been super competent at the junior high level in the league the last few years, the bad news is the league has been very bad the last few years at the junior high level. No clue what to make of it. Junior High results aren't indicative of what you'll do in high school but it seems like maybe a ray of hope in the black nothingness that has been Lion football for the last decade
Spot on with your comments. We've had several good middle school teams over the last 9 years but have 3 wins

Here are the offensive scoring and defensive points allowed averages of the six EBC members through the completion of non-league play following Week 5:

OFFENSIVE SCORING:
1. West Branch (37.2 ppg.)
2. Alliance (35.8 ppg.)
3. Marlington (33.4 ppg.)
4. Carrollton (19.8 ppg.)
5. Salem (10 ppg.)
6. Minerva (9.8 ppg.)

DEFENSIVE POINTS ALLOWED:
1. Marlington (17.4 ppg.)
2. West Branch (24.6 ppg.)
3. Carrollton (24.8 ppg.)
4. Alliance (26.8 ppg.)
5. Salem (36.0 ppg.)
6. Minerva (43.6 ppg.)

Here are the offensive scoring and defensive points allowed averages of the six EBC members through the completion of non-league play following Week 5:

OFFENSIVE SCORING:
1. West Branch (37.2 ppg.)
2. Alliance (35.8 ppg.)
3. Marlington (33.4 ppg.)
4. Carrollton (19.8 ppg.)
5. Salem (10 ppg.)
6. Minerva (9.8 ppg.)

DEFENSIVE POINTS ALLOWED:
1. Marlington (17.4 ppg.)
2. West Branch (24.6 ppg.)
3. Carrollton (24.8 ppg.)
4. Alliance (26.8 ppg.)