EBC Football 2023

A 0-3 Akron Ellet team came to play Alliance at mount. A game on paper that looks more dominant than it was. It was 20-14 going into the 4th quarter. The Akron Ellet team had maybe 30 players. But once again Alliance lineman false starts, holds, and off sides. Alliance has talent but for some reason doesn’t seem to be playing towards their talent levels yet
Wow! 🙄🙄 their JVs had about 30 players on Saturday.... evidently you weren't there unless you are scouting us early 😂😂😂....I think Goodman is changing the culture for the good!

Wow! 🙄🙄 their JVs had about 30 players on Saturday.... evidently you weren't there unless you are scouting us early 😂😂😂....I think Goodman is changing the culture for the good!
Alliance seems pretty darn good over the last 2 seasons to me. Seems like Goodman took the program do a different level than Whiting, although it is pretty early in his tenure. Too bad the league is so bad this year.

Alliance seems pretty darn good over the last 2 seasons to me. Seems like Goodman took the program do a different level than Whiting, although it is pretty early in his tenure. Too bad the league is so bad this year.
I think they've been pretty comparable from the end of the Whiting tenure to the start of the Goodman one. I'd say not winning the league this year would be a pretty big disappointment in Alliance because its been pretty clear this season and last season are the window to make some noise

I think they've been pretty comparable from the end of the Whiting tenure to the start of the Goodman one. I'd say not winning the league this year would be a pretty big disappointment in Alliance because its been pretty clear this season and last season are the window to make some noise

50 kids on their active roster. So if 30 was at JV only 20 roughly true varsity guys.

Can’t forget that the Seniors were coached from 7th grade from Whitings staff. They are still Whiting players. I would take Seth Whiting over Tim Goodman any day

Alliance can win league cool but win a playoff game.

it’s sad that a fan can’t comment what he thinks or what he sees without a COACH getting upset. You think no one knows anything from the stands because they aren’t on the sidelines 😂.

And I was actually there the whole game to see Goodman get out coached on a trick play the in first. I was there to see the 20 to 14 going into the 4th. No scouting, I pay my money to get in and cheer for Alliance sit by the band every game and hope for a win. But maybe a coach can’t take any criticism

50 kids on their active roster. So if 30 was at JV only 20 roughly true varsity guys.

Can’t forget that the Seniors were coached from 7th grade from Whitings staff. They are still Whiting players. I would take Seth Whiting over Tim Goodman any day

it’s sad that a fan can’t comment what he thinks or what he sees without a COACH getting upset. You think no one knows anything from the stands because they aren’t on the sidelines 😂.
I was always a Whiting fan, he did a good job there. I think it's too early to make a decision on Goodman but he seems to be a pretty good replacement so far. It's not like Whiting was forced out, didn't he leave on his own?

I was always a Whiting fan, he did a good job there. I think it's too early to make a decision on Goodman but he seems to be a pretty good replacement so far. It's not like Whiting was forced out, didn't he leave on his own?
I've heard the relationship there was pretty contentious at the end between admin and the coaches, could be nothing but gossip but thought it was strange he exited right as the team entered their best window to be competitive

I've heard the relationship there was pretty contentious at the end between admin and the coaches, could be nothing but gossip but thought it was strange he exited right as the team entered their best window to be competitive
That was strange. I think he brought a toughness to alliance football that they were missing for a few years. I don't think Goodman did anything to hurt that and I think the offensive scheme is better now. But they do have an Oklahoma recruit are quarterback which is helpful. They will probably only be tested by West Branch the rest of the season. I sure would like my team to have 1/2 the success Alliance has had!

And I was actually there the whole game to see Goodman get out coached on a trick play the in first. I was there to see the 20 to 14 going into the 4th. No scouting, I pay my money to get in and cheer for Alliance sit by the band every game and hope for a win. But maybe a coach can’t take any criticism
Yeah you were there.... 😂 you can have any opinion you want ....it's just hard to have that opinions from the sidelines or the box from another game...speaking of Whiting he did a great at Alliance and Goodman is continuing the trend upwards... can't wait for the end of the season bash....can you?

Last edited:
Yeah you were there.... 😂 you can have any opinion you want ....it's just hard to have that opinions from the sidelines or the box from another game...speaking of Whiting he did a great at Alliance and Goodman is continuing the trend upwards... can't wait for the end of the season bash....can you?
This conversation is getting old......I need a cigarette and a Fresca!!!!

I don’t think anyone thinks that Goodman is bad for the team. I think they lack discipline which all high school teams do at times or they wouldn’t draw penalty flags. I do think alliance is in trouble after the next couple years. Numbers are low aside from the 3rd and 4th graders. And kids have been quitting at the youth level. Hopefully they can attract more kids in the coming years. We have a lot of talent that comes through this city. From what I’ve seen they either leave to go play elsewhere and shine or they fizzle out. It’s a shame honestly.

I don’t think anyone thinks that Goodman is bad for the team. I think they lack discipline which all high school teams do at times or they wouldn’t draw penalty flags. I do think alliance is in trouble after the next couple years. Numbers are low aside from the 3rd and 4th graders. And kids have been quitting at the youth level. Hopefully they can attract more kids in the coming years. We have a lot of talent that comes through this city. From what I’ve seen they either leave to go play elsewhere and shine or they fizzle out. It’s a shame honestly.
I think that's the thing that gets overlooked with high school coaches, the best ones are involved in their youth programs in a very hands on fashion. Is Goodman doing that?

I think that's the thing that gets overlooked with high school coaches, the best ones are involved in their youth programs in a very hands on fashion. Is Goodman doing that?
Yes he has been. I seen him at practices and everything. It’s not him or his involvement. From what I seen .. parents and their expectations for their kid is ruining it. Can’t do the basics but want them to play all game.

AH Ha!! you were on that 7th/8th grade staff...Now its all so clear! Plus you know Alliance's history, the Avaitors won one playoff game in 2004.....so don't give me that "win a playoff" stuff COACH!!

Last edited:
Just to throw out a little change of pace.... it sure would have been nice to see Canton South stick around for a couple more years... would have been some epic games with Poochie Snyder going head to head with Zurbrugg and Deshields and now Alazaus at West Branch.. Those would have some entertaining games we could talk about.

Just to throw out a little change of pace.... it sure would have been nice to see Canton South stick around for a couple more years... would have been some epic games with Poochie Snyder going head to head with Zurbrugg and Deshields and now Alazaus at West Branch.. Those would have some entertaining games we could talk about.
Yeah big loss when Cats left....always an entertaining game..

AH Ha!! you were on that 7th/8th grade staff...Now it's all so clear! Plus you know Alliance's history, the Avaitors won one playoff game in 2004.....so don't give me that "win a playoff" stuff COACH!!
I liked whiting, thought he was good for the alliance program. But I didn't think he ever won a playoff game. Goodman sure is on a nice run since last season. Where is whiting now and how is his record there?

I liked whiting, thought he was good for the alliance program. But I didn't think he ever won a playoff game. Goodman sure is on a nice run since last season. Where is whiting now and how is his record there?
Remember, winning a playoff game week 1 is not a the same as a playoff win pre covid. Not knocking Goodman but it's a important distinction

Remember, winning a playoff game week 1 is not a the same as a playoff win pre covid. Not knocking Goodman but it's a important distinction
All I know is Alliance is winning, Goodman is off to a good start as a head coach and Whiting left the program in a good place. I hope Alliance wins some playoff games this year, I don't understand why there is any controversy. Unfortunately they will probably only have 1 competitive game against WB the rest of the year.

Whiting is HC at Minster. Went 1-9 his 1st year (lone win was against the club team Columbus Crusaders), 8-5 last year, and currently 3-1 this year.

Region 13 is going to have some good QBs in the playoffs this year. There will be some great matchups.

IMG_0711.jpeg

Pretty much sums it up. Looks like a repeat of streetsboro