EBC Football 2023

Alliance is fine....I don't know what you are talking about "sloppy" football....our preseason schedule will get us ready for the league....who in the league has played a stronger schedule??? WB maybe?...the Dukes plays Chaney this Friday so we will see 👀.....How can you see 2 games at once????🤷🏿‍♂️
West Branch has played a better first three week schedule

Alliance is fine....I don't know what you are talking about "sloppy" football....our preseason schedule will get us ready for the league....who in the league has played a stronger schedule??? WB maybe?...the Dukes plays Chaney this Friday so we will see 👀.....How can you see 2 games at once????🤷🏿‍♂️

1) 3 weeks of football you can see more than one team.

2) “sloppy football” aka let’s get the line to block for more than a second and let Zurb read the field. Make plays so he’s not running for his life. Or constant false starts or off sides from the line. Also witnessed a lot of unsportsmanlike behavior during the Nile’s game. Pushing players down after the play as they getting up, taunting.

2) “sloppy football” aka let’s get the line to block for more than a second and let Zurb read the field. Make plays so he’s not running for his life. Or constant false starts or off sides from the line. Also witnessed a lot of unsportsmanlike behavior during the Nile’s game. Pushing players down after the play as they getting up, taunting.
I think the loss of the DC is a bigger deal than some are letting on. I was always impressed how disciplined and mistake free they were on the defensive side of the ball in the past

Evidently you aren't an Alliance guy ...the name is to throw people off unless you are a former coach or something like that....we are 2-1 ....beat a solid Lake team at Lake .....beat a good running team in Niles at home and loss to a very good Streetsboro team in Streetsboro....we are fine.....Beat Chaney!

Evidently you aren't an Alliance guy ...the name is to throw people off unless you are a former coach or something like that....we are 2-1 ....beat a solid Lake team at Lake .....beat a good running team in Niles at home and loss to a very good Streetsboro team in Streetsboro....we are fine.....Beat Chaney!

So I’m not an Alliance guy because I’m stating what I’m seeing from the stands!? Because I’m saying some negative stuff I’m seeing. Sorry I’m not jock riding saying Alliance is the best and no one can touch them. I clearly stating things that need cleaned up to be an even better team.

Carrollton has played three very close games this far but hasn't played very well in any of them. With Marlington's domination of Manchester I'm getting a little weary that this season might be headed in a bad direction once league play begins. Getting out of these next two weeks healthy will be a big deal if the Warriors are going to make any noise in conference play

So I’m not an Alliance guy because I’m stating what I’m seeing from the stands!? Because I’m saying some negative stuff I’m seeing. Sorry I’m not jock riding saying Alliance is the best and no one can touch them. I clearly stating things that need cleaned up to be an even better team.
Are you sitting in the stands???? I have been around Alliance football a long time and even in the dark times I have been upbeat about the program... because.....I'm a Alliance guy....I think Alliance played very well in the first two games and slipped a little against a very good Streetsboro team who could do well in the EBC..non conference games are coming to a end in a couple of weeks and we will see who is playing "sloppy " ball...

Are you sitting in the stands???? I have been around Alliance football a long time and even in the dark times I have been upbeat about the program... because.....I'm an Alliance guy....I think Alliance played very well in the first two games and slipped a little against a very good Streetsboro team who could do well in the EBC..non conference games are coming to a end in a couple of weeks and we will see who is playing "sloppy " ball...
They have played very well. For them to be loaded as far as a senior class there has been some mental mistakes. Wouldn’t say sloppy but they’ve lacked discipline in a few series. I think the streetsboro game came down to play calling and not being able to stop the only kid on their team who could do anything. They had better tighten up by the 6th of October or it’s gonna get ugly in Beloit. And yes I’m in the stands home and away.

They have played very well. For them to be loaded as far as a senior class there has been some mental mistakes. Wouldn’t say sloppy but they’ve lacked discipline in a few series. I think the streetsboro game came down to play calling and not being able to stop the only kid on their team who could do anything. They had better tighten up by the 6th of October or it’s gonna get ugly in Beloit. And yes I’m in the stands home and away.

my “sloppy” comment was for the mental mistakes they have made. I see a team that could easily be a State champion if they tighten a few things. Like the constant false starts or the off sides. The not blocking for more than a second. And some coaching and play calling. I love my Aviators but I’m a realist if I see something they need fixed I’m not just going to say they are the best and will be alright because undisciplined now leads to more in future. And yes I’m in the stands but spent many years out side of Ohio coaching

my “sloppy” comment was for the mental mistakes they have made. I see a team that could easily be a State champion if they tighten a few things. Like the constant false starts or the off sides. The not blocking for more than a second. And some coaching and play calling. I love my Aviators but I’m a realist if I see something they need fixed I’m not just going to say they are the best and will be alright because undisciplined now leads to more in future. And yes I’m in the stands but spent many years out side of Ohio coaching
😂😂😂 sure you are!

😂😂😂 sure you are!
Haven’t been on yappi for a few weeks but I’ll clear the air. I see both of your points.
I think we are currently playing good football that need to clean up in some areas. We beat Lake who will carry some good computer points for us, we beat a solid Niles team that had a good RB and QB and we simply got “outcoached” as Coach stated in the newspaper against a good Streetsboro team.

Alliance has the potential to run the table and secure a home playoff game and win a league championship. I think West Branch is the only team that can truly give us a game and potentially knock us off. I don’t see Salem, Minerva, or even Carrollton for the matter being any competitive. Marlington while it seems there is life in the dukes they also haven’t beat anyone minus an average Northwest team. I’d say they are pretty overrated in the grand scheme of things.

Only thing that concerns me moving forward is we are an injury or two away from this completely blowing up. We also need to improve on special teams. That I agree with aviatorfan on the “sloppy” football comments.

Only 13 points scored by Minerva over the last two weeks combined, only 7 points scored by Carrollton, and only 3 by Salem. Meanwhile West Branch has put up 84 and Alliance 76. I foresee some absolutely lopsided scores in the future

Only 13 points scored by Minerva over the last two weeks combined, only 7 points scored by Carrollton, and only 3 by Salem. Meanwhile West Branch has put up 84 and Alliance 76. I foresee some absolutely lopsided scores in the future

2 weeks ago minerva had a 21-0 lead at half and blew it. Now they can barley score. But the problem is Minerva is they hire the same people over and over again. How many roles and times are are going to see familiar faces in different roles on the sidelines and expect any difference. And other problem Minerva has they don’t like to hire people from the “outside” I know 3 great coaches that applied and all 3 have a great resume and get turned down. But they hire a guy who’s 1-9, 3-7, 2-8 at his other schools because he’s from Minerva.

another problem I have heard about is the team isn’t a team. Heard there’s a lot of fighting going on between players.

Carrollton is down. They will be down for a few years. As I heard and seen Carrollton for the last few years could field youth teams and those classes are coming through the high school

Haven’t been on yappi for a few weeks but I’ll clear the air. I see both of your points.
I think we are currently playing good football that need to clean up in some areas. We beat Lake who will carry some good computer points for us, we beat a solid Niles team that had a good RB and QB and we simply got “outcoached” as Coach stated in the newspaper against a good Streetsboro team.

Alliance has the potential to run the table and secure a home playoff game and win a league championship. I think West Branch is the only team that can truly give us a game and potentially knock us off. I don’t see Salem, Minerva, or even Carrollton for the matter being any competitive. Marlington while it seems there is life in the dukes they also haven’t beat anyone minus an average Northwest team. I’d say they are pretty overrated in the grand scheme of things.

Only thing that concerns me moving forward is we are an injury or two away from this completely blowing up. We also need to improve on special teams. That I agree with aviatorfan on the “sloppy” football comments.

A 0-3 Akron Ellet team came to play Alliance at mount. A game on paper that looks more dominant than it was. It was 20-14 going into the 4th quarter. The Akron Ellet team had maybe 30 players. But once again Alliance lineman false starts, holds, and off sides. Alliance has talent but for some reason doesn’t seem to be playing towards their talent levels yet

Alliance had Ellet looking like Hoban for a whole half. Came out sluggish. Must have been a hangover from the last game. The play calling was a little weird too. We got some fine tuning to do. Or the next couple weeks might be closer than they should be.

2 weeks ago minerva had a 21-0 lead at half and blew it. Now they can barley score. But the problem is Minerva is they hire the same people over and over again. How many roles and times are are going to see familiar faces in different roles on the sidelines and expect any difference. And other problem Minerva has they don’t like to hire people from the “outside” I know 3 great coaches that applied and all 3 have a great resume and get turned down. But they hire a guy who’s 1-9, 3-7, 2-8 at his other schools because he’s from Minerva.

another problem I have heard about is the team isn’t a team. Heard there’s a lot of fighting going on between players.

Carrollton is down. They will be down for a few years. As I heard and seen Carrollton for the last few years could field youth teams and those classes are coming through the high school
It's not going to be good at Minerva the rest of the season. Hopefully they keep the numbers in grades 7,8 and 9 because they do have some size, talent and good numbers. I do like Speakman as a coach but do agree about the staff - even though Hundley was not a Minerva guy he had very close ties with a couple of administrators.