EBC Football 2023

I love West Branch's new black game jerseys with green numerals and white trim. They have never had black jerseys before in school history. A lot of people don't know this, but West Branch's official school colors are green, white — and black. The West Branch School Board approved black as an official third school color approximately 20 years ago.

I love West Branch's new black game jerseys with green numerals and white trim. They have never had black jerseys before in school history. A lot of people don't know this, but West Branch's official school colors are green, white — and black. The West Branch School Board approved black as an official third school color approximately 20 years ago.
South range/west branch scrimmage update ?

Carrollton wins a thriller in double OT but there's a ton they have to clean up if they are going to win many more games this year. Not a promising start to the season

Minerva had 5 turnovers to start the game. Just didn't look good. They do play with a lot more energy but still 2 years away. I think I counted around 45 players, 20 or so being freshmen. A 25 man roster in grades 10-12 is a problem. I do think Speakman is a lot better coach than we had in the past, just wish he started in 2019. He and the coaching staff have a lot of work to do that will require a large amount of patience., I did see the mostly freshmen JV game and they won and looked good.

Minerva played well yesterday. Got up 21-8 but just couldn't put them away. Crestwood is not an EBC caliber team but the lions did compete- I really like the energy that Speakman brings to the program. Hopefully they keep improving and competing.

Minerva played well yesterday. Got up 21-8 but just couldn't put them away. Crestwood is not an EBC caliber team but the lions did compete- I really like the energy that Speakman brings to the program. Hopefully they keep improving and competing.
I can tell you that the Lions got the biggest reaction when I was updating scores to the folks sitting around me. A lot of people looking for them to get that win.

I can tell you that the Lions got the biggest reaction when I was updating scores to the folks sitting around me. A lot of people looking for them to get that win.
They played well enough to win but couldn't close it out- I like our coach a lot. If anyone can turn it around it will be him. I also think your coach at Louisville and Cardinal at Marlington are going to get things going in the right direction. Unfortunately for the Lions it may be a tall task to get a win this year, but for the first time in a decade you can feel that a foundation is being built. Our middle school and freshmen teams are good and have good numbers- most importantly they are in the weight room in the off season.

They played well enough to win but couldn't close it out- I like our coach a lot. If anyone can turn it around it will be him. I also think your coach at Louisville and Cardinal at Marlington are going to get things going in the right direction. Unfortunately for the Lions it may be a tall task to get a win this year, but for the first time in a decade you can feel that a foundation is being built. Our middle school and freshmen teams are good and have good numbers- most importantly they are in the weight room in the off season.
Gotta keep Malvern away from them

Is that really the problem that some Minerva parents are making it out to be?
Not really- We lost a few basketball players that transferred to Minerva from Malvern in middle school- then went back to their home district- a kid opened enrolled to Malvern a couple of years ago and had a good year last year and graduated last year. Hartshorn moved to Perry and is a very good running back there.

Well folks after week 3 is completed here are your current standings

1. Marlington (3-0)
2. Alliance (2-1)
2. West Branch (2-1)
3. Carrollton (1-2)
4. Salem (0-3)
5. Minerva (0-3)

Dukes (3-0) - With Coach Cardinal and Coach Aubeteen those young men are just getting better and better every week. These seniors have went through 3 head coaches. They finally got one that cares for the program and it’s showing. McCord is looking a lot better and more comfortable at the QB position. This team are fighters. A couple of times they been getting beat and they stayed the course and overcame and pulled out the win. Couple of playermakers on the team for the offense and defensive side. Players to Watch Knoch, Bratten, Himmerlheber, Hancox, McCord.

Alliance (2-1) - Alliance have played some “ sloppy” football all 3 weeks. Alot of mistakes made with some of the “younger” guys. Offensive line is surely missing Lewis (who transferred to Massillon). The O-Line is giving Zurburgg not enough time to stay back in and throw the ball. It always looks like he has to scramble before getting sacked. Alliance has some player makers on both sides of the ball. Alot of players are young and unexperienced. Last night a sophomore downed a KickOff at the one instead of letting it roll in the end zone. Player makers for Aviators : Zurburgg, K. Davis, R. Hawkins, C.Daniel, Zumbar, R. Jackson, Eddy

West Branch (2-1) I personally have not been out there to see a game yet but their only loss is to Canfield (current state champs). Looks like the typical Air Raid Offense they been running for years.

Carrollton (1-2) - I personally have not been out to a game. But years ago I was involved with EBC youth football. About 6 years ago or so Carrollton was struggling to field teams in the youth, looks like those teams are up there at the high school level now and that could be the reason for the record so far. Just young and unexperienced.

Salem (0-3) - going into the year it was no shock that Salem would be “down” this year. They lost a good amount of skilled players over the years and had to start a RB to now play QB to replace the graduated Jackson Johnson. I think just also another young team reloading to get back where they use to be.

Minerva (0-3) - They are a couple years away from getting that W. The Lions are sitting at 3-80 record since 2015. Not sure what goes on over in the Lion County but they always looked smaller than their opponents. I question some of the coaching. I just don’t get a 21-0 lead at half gets lost in the 3rd quarter. I do see a lot of old former names on coaching roster from a lot of the 0-10 years. Wonder if it’s the style of play, coaching, size,
Experience stopping them from doing great things.

1. Marlington (3-0)
2. Alliance (2-1)
2. West Branch (2-1)
3. Carrollton (1-2)
4. Salem (0-3)
5. Minerva (0-3)

Dukes (3-0) - With Coach Cardinal and Coach Aubeteen those young men are just getting better and better every week. These seniors have went through 3 head coaches. They finally got one that cares for the program and it’s showing. McCord is looking a lot better and more comfortable at the QB position. This team are fighters. A couple of times they been getting beat and they stayed the course and overcame and pulled out the win. Couple of playermakers on the team for the offense and defensive side. Players to Watch Knoch, Bratten, Himmerlheber, Hancox, McCord.

Alliance (2-1) - Alliance have played some “ sloppy” football all 3 weeks. Alot of mistakes made with some of the “younger” guys. Offensive line is surely missing Lewis (who transferred to Massillon). The O-Line is giving Zurburgg not enough time to stay back in and throw the ball. It always looks like he has to scramble before getting sacked. Alliance has some player makers on both sides of the ball. Alot of players are young and unexperienced. Last night a sophomore downed a KickOff at the one instead of letting it roll in the end zone. Player makers for Aviators : Zurburgg, K. Davis, R. Hawkins, C.Daniel, Zumbar, R. Jackson, Eddy

West Branch (2-1) I personally have not been out there to see a game yet but their only loss is to Canfield (current state champs). Looks like the typical Air Raid Offense they been running for years.

Carrollton (1-2) - I personally have not been out to a game. But years ago I was involved with EBC youth football. About 6 years ago or so Carrollton was struggling to field teams in the youth, looks like those teams are up there at the high school level now and that could be the reason for the record so far. Just young and unexperienced.

Salem (0-3) - going into the year it was no shock that Salem would be “down” this year. They lost a good amount of skilled players over the years and had to start a RB to now play QB to replace the graduated Jackson Johnson. I think just also another young team reloading to get back where they use to be.

Minerva (0-3) - They are a couple years away from getting that W. The Lions are sitting at 3-80 record since 2015. Not sure what goes on over in the Lion County but they always looked smaller than their opponents. I question some of the coaching. I just don’t get a 21-0 lead at half gets lost in the 3rd quarter. I do see a lot of old former names on coaching roster from a lot of the 0-10 years. Wonder if it’s the style of play, coaching, size,
I think it's worth noting that Marlington's three wins have come against teams that are a combined 1-8. These next two weeks for them will have huge implications for the playoffs, they'll need to win one of these two games for a shot to make the playoffs as I expect that at least two of their wins at season end will be 1-9 or worse. Not a lot of points there if that's a reality

After three weeks and just like most people on here predicted, I don't think there's any doubt who the top two teams are that will vie for the EBC title. The West Branch-Alliance game in Beloit in Week 8 should decide the EBC champion. I don't see anyone else that has the potential to hang with those two.

We better tighten up on all aspects of the game or we aren’t gonna make a decent run. We gave the game away last night. We should have best a good streetsboro team by 2 scores imo. No one should challenge us until west branch but anything could happen.

After three weeks and just like most people on here predicted, I don't think there's any doubt who the top two teams are that will vie for the EBC title. The West Branch-Alliance game in Beloit in Week 8 should decide the EBC champion. I don't see anyone else that has the potential to hang
Well I don’t know much about Streetsboro but I was surprised Alliance lost that one.

In seven weeks, I think we will look back on the West Branch-Girard game as an even bigger win than what we think about it now, which is a lot. That Girard team is loaded with talent and speed and can throw the football. I think the Indians are going to win no worse than seven and as many as eight regular-season games. That was a big-time win by a talented and growing West Branch team that is only going to get better as the season progresses.

1. Marlington (3-0)
2. Alliance (2-1)
2. West Branch (2-1)
3. Carrollton (1-2)
4. Salem (0-3)
5. Minerva (0-3)

Alliance is fine....I don't know what you are talking about "sloppy" football....our preseason schedule will get us ready for the league....who in the league has played a stronger schedule??? WB maybe?...the Dukes plays Chaney this Friday so we will see 👀.....How can you see 2 games at once????🤷🏿‍♂️