Divisions

The more divisions, the more watered down.

Virgina is a joke. A lower population state with 6 divisions???

Lots of participation trophies to give out in Virginia.

And if Georgia actually had 8, another joke.

Division 3 Ohio is very watered down.

I prefer California and New Jersey models. One Division.

But Pennsylvania with 2 Divisions is having lots of success.

Ohio, get rid of Division 3. Now!

One Division

The more divisions, the more watered down.

Virgina is a joke. A lower population state with 6 divisions???
Lots of participation trophies to give out in Virginia. And if Georgia actually had 8, another joke.

Division 3 Ohio is very watered down.

I prefer California and New Jersey models.

But Pennsylvania with 2 Divisions is having lots of success.

Ohio, get rid of Division 3. Now!

:rolleyes:

troll dancing GIF

King of the Ring.

Honestly, if we had it last year with all champions, who gets its? I assume someone like shumate could probably beat 215 and 285, but I don’t think anyone lower than 190 could run the gamut.

Campbell, Lacure, Taylor , brown, Stewart, Kohlhofer, all of these guys would be at the top in any division

I'd agree on Campbell and Brown and I'm not sure on 215. I'd take Niffenegger, Blaze (and Birden), and Nolan Neves at those other spots.

No way Stewart is the best all-class at 215. I'd take Shepherd and Russo (D1) then C. Neves, Shulaw, and Snider (D2) last year over him.

Lacure lost in season to Burnett at 138, so that kind of rules him out.

Brown lost in season to Earnest at 150.

Assessing Taylor is a matter of opinion, but I'd take Blaze and Birden over him at 144.

Stop. The reason we wrestle is to determine who is the best. With that said, neither you or anyone else can determine who is able to win on any given day.

Exactly right. This is why we need to get rid of Divisions.

The best guys need to wrestle each other at State, not divide them into 3 groups.
All this guessing and predicting is useless adult entertainment.

We will never know who the “best of the best“ is if they never get a chance to wrestle just because their school is in a different division.

We need to go to 2 Divisions right now and eventually go to “One Division”

Exactly right. This is why we need to get rid of Divisions.

The best guys need to wrestle each other at State, not divide them into 3 groups.
All this guessing and predicting is useless adult entertainment.

We will never know who the “best of the best“ is if they never get a chance to wrestle just because their school is in a different division.

We need to go to 2 Divisions right now and eventually go to “One Division”
I don't think divisions are just for the individuals it's for the teams as well now D3 teams have no shot at winning a team state championship against St. Ed heck most division 1 teams do.

Weird considering Snider beat Russo…
Russo won 2 straight D1 Titles its not where you start its where you end up. Shulaw and Neves handled Snider every time they met last year. Neves going to Blair next year elevates him IMO above the Ohio Contenders going into at least the BOE . Hopefully all the 215 next year go to Ironman. BOE or maybe Brecksville .
Russo had a chance to tangle with Shulaw early in the year last year at the DeSales Inv. but no showed for some reason.
This weight class is very fluid between those guys. Some wrestle better early in the year those that are Champs wrestled better in March. Snider didn't make the Championship Match last year.

Russo won 2 straight D1 Titles its not where you start its where you end up. Shulaw and Neves handled Snider every time they met last year. Neves going to Blair next year elevates him IMO above the Ohio Contenders going into at least the BOE . Hopefully all the 215 next year go to Ironman. BOE or maybe Brecksville .
Russo had a chance to tangle with Shulaw early in the year last year at the DeSales Inv. but no showed for some reason.
This weight class is very fluid between those guys. Some wrestle better early in the year those that are Champs wrestled better in March. Snider didn't make the Championship Match last year.
Yes but don't act like Russo didn't get the two great draws

Yes but don't act like Russo didn't get the two great draws
Lmao, your joking right? If you really want me to go through match by match I will, however it’s easier if you just check the brackets spanky and look at the route he had to navigate both years…all 8 wins over state placers and beat Shephard 2 years in a row…last I checked Shep was nationally ranked, Ironman/S32 Runner Up…but please enlighten us on your accolades so we can compare yours or your sons and theirs…and it’s kind of funny people saying we need to eliminate divisions because the competition is watered down are some of the same ones championing girls wrestling and that product is worse than JV D3…and I watched a girls State Champ take 4th at a boys JV tournament this year so save your breath

Last edited:
And Shep beat Snider and Russo beat Shep and Neeves beat Russo and Shep beat Neeves and Shulaw beat Shep and Neeves beat Shulaw, etc etc…weird you stopped after only 1
Because they were ranked 1 and 5 (the two furthest apart).

Shulaw beat Snider 7-5 in sudden victory in the state semifinals....definitely didn't "handle" him. Snider also lost to Shephard in sudden victory.

Snider lost to Neves twice by a score of 5-2 (Neves had 2 takedowns to 0), while Russo lost to Neves 9-3 (Neves had 4 takedowns to 0)...that would have to fall under the term "handled" as well then.

Shephard, Neves, Snider and Russo all met at Wadsworth...they finished in that order.

To clarify, I'm not sure who the best of the group is, but I don't see Russo as the clear #1.

Last edited:
Lmao, your joking right? If you really want me to go through match by match Mr, Huber I will, however it’s easier if you just check the brackets spanky and look at the route he had to navigate both years…all 8 wins over state placers and beat Shephard 2 years in a row…last I checked Shep was nationally ranked, Ironman/S32 Runner Up…but please enlighten us on your accolades Mr. Huber so we can compare yours or your sons and theirs…and it’s kind of funny people saying we need to eliminate divisions because the competition is watered down are some of the same ones championing girls wrestling and that product is worse than JV D3…and I watched a girls State Champ take 4th at a boys JV tournament this year so save your breath
Let's see his sophmore year he lost to Jake nelson and had a more favorable matchup to the finals and then this year he got easily handled by Matt Howard which gave him a more favorable matchup to the finals and I was both of them and was there in Person this past year never said the Russo wasn't a great wrestler he is sometimes wrestling is about luck and matchups but don't act like he is doing this at a lighter weight class he's one of the few in his weight class that only wrestle no football.