Division aligning

When is the OHSAA going to realign schools division? I know most schools have already submitted their numbers of incoming freshman but there has been no information of teams moving up and down divisions.

I read somewhere that the meeting was going to be held next week. Can't remember the date - 6th or 9th, I believe.

The enrollments have already been determined, since there is no CB count for wrestling. What we are waiting on is the divisional cutoffs and the representation allocation - those should both be approved at Thursday's board of directors meeting (6/9). Not sure when the minutes will be released that show the cutoffs and the representation.

OHSAA,

Next year in Columbus:

One girls division. Two Boys divisions
Same format at State.

The girls will be on the mats and schedule that Division 3 boys used to be on.

I hope OHSAA eliminates Division 3 boys.

Its time for us to be more like Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and California.

and less like the wateted down states like virginia (6 divisions), georgia, and Connecticut

Eliminate Division 3. It sucks.

When is the OHSAA going to realign schools division? I know most schools have already submitted their numbers of incoming freshman but there has been no information of teams moving up and down divisions.
Unless something has dramatically changed over the last couple years there is no such thing as submitting numbers of incoming freshmen. They have always counted schools current 9-11 grade enrollment to use moving forward the next year (or whenever the cycle resets).

OHSAA,

Next year in Columbus:

One girls division. Two Boys divisions
Same format at State.

The girls will be on the mats and schedule that Division 3 boys used to be on.

I hope OHSAA eliminates Division 3 boys.

Its time for us to be more like Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and California.

and less like the wateted down states like virginia (6 divisions), georgia, and Connecticut

Eliminate Division 3. It sucks.
Oh no, not this again. I see that your name is One Division, but your advocating for 2 boys divisions. Last year when we had this conversation, you advocated for ONE boys division. Have you had your mind changed the likes of someone like me?

Oh no, not this again. I see that your name is One Division, but your advocating for 2 boys divisions. Last year when we had this conversation, you advocated for ONE boys division. Have you had your mind changed the likes of someone like me?
Two Divisions had a very compelling argument.

The more divisions, the more watered down.

Virgina is a joke. A lower population state with 6 divisions???
Lots of participation trophies to give out in Virginia. And if Georgia actually had 8, another joke.

Division 3 Ohio is very watered down.

I prefer California and New Jersey models.

But Pennsylvania with 2 Divisions is having lots of success.

Ohio, get rid of Division 3. Now!

The more divisions, the more watered down.

Virgina is a joke. A lower population state with 6 divisions???
Lots of participation trophies to give out in Virginia. And if Georgia actually had 8, another joke.

Division 3 Ohio is very watered down.

I prefer California and New Jersey models.

But Pennsylvania with 2 Divisions is having lots of success.

Ohio, get rid of Division 3. Now!
I don’t think the number of divisions play a big role on the success of a state at the NCAA level IMO

With the D 1/2 cut-off usually in the 355 - 365 sort of range, the 2 biggest movers could be Butler to D2 and Ross to D1. Could be close with Aurora, Chardon, Dover, and W. Carrollton. We'll see next week!

What does Division aligning mean? I am new to this. There are 4 different threads about this. Are they all the same topic?? Not sure how this works.

Can't speak to other similarly-named threads, but Division aligning is when the State determines where the enrollment cut-offs are for the 3 wrestling Divisions to try and get roughly 33% of the schools into each of the 3 Divisions. For example, if your school's enrollment number is 387 (ex. Ross), then you are D1 for the next few years because the cutoff between D1 and D2 is at about 362. There are always a handful of movers each cycle.

Does this work for everyone?

Broken down by district, Boys enrollment numbers, and then alphabetized by school name.