• Marion Local by 8-16

Votes: 32 22.2%
  • Marion Local by 1-7

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Dalton

Votes: 32 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anyone who thinks tomorrows game will be a blow out, may want to look at how the Versailles game is being dominated by Kirtland. The Dalton/Kirtland game was 14 to 7 - Kirtland.

It should be a dandy tomorrow.

Anyone who thinks tomorrows game will be a blow out, may want to look at how the Versailles game is being dominated by Kirtland. The Dalton/Kirtland game was 14 to 7 - Kirtland.

Was just gonna say the same thing. However, it's very early in the game.

Update: A very good (and much-needed) response/drive by Versailles.

Last edited:

Sometimes it’s a momentum or matchup, but sometimes it tells a bigger story! I thought the Versailles v Kirkland game would be close and wouldn’t be surprised by either team winning. But it certainly doesn’t feel that way, maybe the MAC is quite as strong as I thought??

Call me crazy but this matchup feels like a mini OSU v UM. ML is the dominant well coached efficient team that doesn’t flash much but just does everything perfect and can Bully. Dalton is bit more finesse maybe slightly more talented and need splash plays to win, but lack that total stout soundness on defense compared to ML. Also, ML is just great at scouting and adjusting, we will see how Dalton is at that.

Checking in from the Kirtland-Versailles game. Ust a reminder that there are exceptions to the transitive property. Some on here have said if Kirtland-Dalton played again today it would be a coin flip, but after watching what they have done to Garaway & Versailles last 6 quarters I’m not so sure. They look…well, like they always do in Canton.

That said, Dalton faithful have to be encouraged by where this game is now.

Kirtland and Marion both follow the same model, Strong defense and special teams. Their version of Tressel ball. Very rarely does either team beat themselves.

Checking in from the Kirtland-Versailles game. Ust a reminder that there are exceptions to the transitive property. Some on here have said if Kirtland-Dalton played again today it would be a coin flip, but after watching what they have done to Garaway & Versailles last 6 quarters I’m not so sure. They look…well, like they always do in Canton.

2021 Kirtland didn't look so good. Being an adopted fan and not a true Kirtland boy, I'm going by only what my seatmates in Canton were saying that day.

While this impressive performance by Kirtland is encouraging to some that "Dalton hung with Kirtland," it's also important to remember that Dalton still only scored 7 points on them. As someone else said, Dalton is gonna need to score at least 2-3 TDs in this game to have a shot.

While this impressive performance by Kirtland is encouraging to some that "Dalton hung with Kirtland," it's also important to remember that Dalton still only scored 7 points on them. As someone else said, Dalton is gonna need to score at least 2-3 TDs in this game to have a shot.
Not if Dalton's defense is as disciplined as Kirtland's

I think it says more than anything that a schools (Dalton) probably best team of all time isn’t favored over a ML team that lost a lot from last year. Kinda crazy honestly and just insane what ML has accomplished.

yall will find the best way to twist anything into a negative for Dalton lolol

I think good programs always want another shot at someone that got the best of them. Dalton wants another crack at Kirtland > Kirtland wants another crack at Perry…

Kirtland had the only 2 state final virgins on the schedule this year in Perry & Dalton. A little NE Ohio coalition to compete with the MAC greatness? I heard the schools Admins got together and you could hear “Make NE Ohio Football Great Again!” Chants coming from the room. Big if true.

I think it says more than anything that a schools (Dalton) probably best team of all time isn’t favored over a ML team that lost a lot from last year. Kinda crazy honestly and just insane what ML has accomplished.
I think there have been just as good if not better teams (with talent all over) in the past that were wrecked by poor coaching decisions...the 2021 team would have been better equipped to make a huge run with the current QB starting as a sophmore...

I think there have been just as good if not better teams (with talent all over) in the past that were wrecked by poor coaching decisions...the 2021 team would have been better equipped to make a huge run with the current QB starting as a sophmore...
Said this a lot. Dalton walked into the playoff’s TWICE w/ a QB having an injured throwing hand.

Said this a lot. Dalton walked into the playoff’s TWICE w/ a QB having an injured throwing hand.
Dalton had a kid named Jaden Schlabach in 21...that Broc Dial simply should have used more in that JFK loss...I was there and it was heartbreaking the way it ended. That kid now plays for a powerhouse D2 school in UIndy that spits out insane RB talent year after year. Jaden was a special talent