Division III Region 9

So many variables in this region. Probably have to wait until very late next Friday night (or maybe Saturday night) to see where everyone is going...

SV-SM is the only team outside of the top 4 or 5 teams in the region that has the talent to compete with any team in D-III, the only problem is they are also the most inconsistent team in D-III, on one hand they beat Ursuline who is one of the best teams in D-IV, and nearly beat Warren G Harding which is a pretty decent D-II school, and took the Magics to Overtime (who has only lost to D-I Stow), then on the other the Irish have been obliterated the past 2 games...
Let me spell it out…. SVSM is an average football team…

Nope… Just a canfield football fan. Dover won the game & they’re the better team until further notice, was just adding to the thread with what I’ve seen. No matter how much you dislike Simkon Canfield still has a very very good football team
Your exactly right, but what gets everyone pissed off at him is that he won’t admit that Dover won the football game. It’s always the refs fault or a stupid computer simulation. Everyone knows that Canfield has a great team!

Looking at the standings, I could see East jumping St.V’s with a win next week, and Harvey staying at 16 which would have the 2v15 be Dover vs St.V- definitely a tough first round game. Can anyone verify the likely final standings (I didn’t do the math)?

Let me spell it out…. SVSM is an average football team…
I’d say a bit above average. The name of the game the next 3-4 weeks is stay healthy. Chardon/Dover as number 1/2 seeds want no part of SVSM round one. Am I saying upset? Absolutely not. But you want a 1st round game that’s over by halftime and the starters can watch the second half

Personally I think East or St.V would be a much tougher draw than Tallmadge, Phila, Ravenna, NDCL, and Harvey. They’ll likely be the best away teams in the first round, and will be playing one of the top 4.
I agree. The current standings teams from 10-16 are all about the same with SVSM being a step above them.

Another good W for Canfield. 42-0 in the 3rd when Varsity came out. Have only given up 10 points in the last 6 games (varsity). They’re the 3rd best team in the region, with a chance to win it IMO. A tall task to knock off Chardon though..
Howland hasn’t beaten Canfield in 7 years now. program In the lower levels isn’t doing well either.

Barring some upsets, it looks like the top 9 will be the top 9 next week with some minor movements.

Number 10 through 16 looks more fluid. Here are a few of the teams numbers going with teams most likely to win:

15.1855 Tallmadge (lose to Barberton)
14.4631 New Philadelphia (lose to Chardon)
16.5127 Ravenna (beat Woodridge)
16.0132 StV (beat Walsh)
12.0459 StV (lose to Walsh)

East and NDCL don't have much room for moving up because their opponents this week have almost no computer points available.

They are what their record says they are. They are 4-5 and only have one win over a team with a better than .500 record.
That’s what makes me wonder how good some of these region 9 teams actually are. Plenty on this thread told us how good StVs were and they hanging by a thread to even be in the top 16.

Did some quick calculations (i think my math is correct) for teams 11-16. This is assuming New Phila, SVSM & Harvey lose & Ravenna Wins. Also assumes NDCL and East win
11 - Ravenna - 16.456
12 - New Phila - 14.513
13 - NDCL - 12.497
14 - SVSM - 12.045
15 - East - 11.867
16 - Harvey - 10.222

The SVSM # could go up or down about .500 depending on the outcome of a few toss-up L2 games for them.
If Harvey wins, they jump to 14.339
If Ravenna loses they fall to 12.502

Did some quick calculations (i think my math is correct) for teams 11-16. This is assuming New Phila, SVSM & Harvey lose & Ravenna Wins. Also assumes NDCL and East win
11 - Ravenna - 16.456
12 - New Phila - 14.513
13 - NDCL - 12.497
14 - SVSM - 12.045
15 - East - 11.867
16 - Harvey - 10.222

The SVSM # could go up or down about .500 depending on the outcome of a few toss-up L2 games for them.
Kenston v SVSM would be a heck of a 3v14 game..

11 - Ravenna - 16.456
12 - New Phila - 14.513
13 - NDCL - 12.497
14 - SVSM - 12.045
15 - East - 11.867
16 - Harvey - 10.222

What does 1 - 8 looke like?

11 - Ravenna - 16.456
12 - New Phila - 14.513
13 - NDCL - 12.497
14 - SVSM - 12.045
15 - East - 11.867
16 - Harvey - 10.222

Ravenna is playing Woodridge. Comparing match ups. Ravenna lost to Streetsboro 41-17 and lost to Norton 39-6. Woodridge lost to Norton 14-7 and beat Streetsboro 35-21. Gonna take Woodridge.

STVM has the talent to compete with any team in D3. However it’s offensive play calling is atrocious. The lack of discipline and execution is unacceptable. Turnovers and Penalties are the albatross. They pass when they should run and run when they should pass. The secondary gives up huge gains at critical times. With all that being stated this team has a huge offensive line game breakers at the skills with Lodge, Kelker and Hopson. A 1000 back in Lindberger. Yet they under achieve because of turnovers (fumbles & interceptions at QB) Irish nation is quite frustrated having this script the past 3 years.

STVM has the talent to compete with any team in D3. However it’s offensive play calling is atrocious. The lack of discipline and execution is unacceptable. Turnovers and Penalties are the albatross. They pass when they should run and run when they should pass. The secondary gives up huge gains at critical times. With all that being stated this team has a huge offensive line game breakers at the skills with Lodge, Kelker and Hopson. A 1000 back in Lindberger. Yet they under achieve because of turnovers (fumbles & interceptions at QB) Irish nation is quite frustrated having this script the past 3 years.
Are you applying as HC next season?

Just a guess, but around 5 or 6
That's what I'm seeing.

Canfield will likely pass them if they beat Boardman.
I don't know that Aurora can get enough points even with a win over Revere. Many of Aurora's defeated opponents won't be favored to win this weekend.
Steubenville will not get much from University School, and their other opponents may not get enough wins.
West Geauga could pass Hubbard if they beat Perry and get enough L2 help.
I don't think Tallmadge will beat Barberton, but they'd be in play to pass Hubbard if they do. It would take a lot of L2 help though.

Hubbard will have guaranteed points coming from the winners of each of the other 3 NE8 games. It would also be big if any of their 3 nonleague opponents can get a win, especially Shaw since Lorain is a DI team. Lorain needs that game to get the 16th spot in Region 1. If Lorain finishes 0-10 alongside Euclid, Euclid would make it via the tiebreaker of most wins by opponents.