Division II Ohio AP Polls (First AP Poll)

I grew up in the 70's. I remember when the playoffs started. My Dad and Uncles grew up in the 50's. Heck my dad went to St Mary's before they joined SV. Here is my point. Massillon was a revered team. I remember listening to their games. I also remember the Turkey Bowl for the City Series championship. Babe Flossie was the man. Mogadore has a sign coming into town with there 1954 (I think) state championship listed along with their playoff championships. Kudos to Massillon. You were great back in the day. You are very good now. Please try to get along. I understand rivalries and they are great but my rival in high school was Mogadore as I went to Field. We kid around once in a while if I see those guys but we like each other for the most part. Seems like eventually someone will bring up Massillon or McKinley or maybe another school and the posts start going south. Respect each other.
It is not the Massillon vs. McKinley fan bases. The people making the most noise are from irrelevant football programs. I don’t have to name them, it is obvious.

This isn't a Massillon thread, it's a thread about Ohio AP poll. Since you aren't in the poll, obviously this thread isn't about you, even though your fanbase wants to turn it into that. Go back to your Massillon thread, where you can reminisce about the long gone' glory days", with your fellow Massillon fans.

Leave this thread to fans of teams that are actually in the Poll.
Just can’t stop posting about Massillon, consuming your Tuesday night.

This isn't a Massillon thread, it's a thread about Ohio AP poll. Since you aren't in the poll, obviously this thread isn't about you, even though your fanbase wants to turn it into that. Go back to your Massillon thread, where you can reminisce about the long gone' glory days", with your fellow Massillon fans.

Another jealous pathetic post. You have a problem.

Massillon is 12th in this poll. It’s late and I understand you are having trouble staying focused and missed that when you looked at the poll. Obsession is a weird disorder, it’s a shame you have it for a high school football program.

Evidently you can’t read. The Tigers are part of this poll.

Well if I could have voted it would be:

LaSalle
Avon Lake
Benedictine
Hoban
Massillon
Hudson
Toledo CC
Kings
Avon
Medina Highland

Prior to 1972, the polls meant everything. You jealous trolls can’t handle the truth.
Actually the polls only meant everything from 1947-1971.
Before that titles were apparently determined by some dude at some time when he got around to it. Allegedly he didn’t get around to 1909 until over 100 years later.

He has YET to rebut the validity of ANY poll championship with a team that challenged those titles and was ducked! (Massillon scheduled all comers).

Try as theses trolls might they will NEVER invalidate Massillon's tradition / poll titles.

NOW, lets start with the playoffs, that fools like this, think are unchallenged in their validity (How many teams qualified for the playoffs, how are teams seeded which keeps teams out that should qualify and weaker teams in and of course he neglects to mention the effect of all-star teams where Joe Pickens of St. Ignatius confirms, his school was irrelevant till the era of these all-star teams - 80s, playing mostly for the city championship as St. Edwards, Benedictine and Mentor had stronger programs!)

How do these all-star teams (La Salle, Hoban) feel about the validity of their programs records, when they were blown out, this year, by two "better" national all-star teams?!

Last edited:
Actually the polls only meant everything from 1947-1972.
Before that titles were apparently determined by some dude at some time when he got around to it. Allegedly he didn’t get around to 1909 until over 100 years later.
Thank you so much. We don’t count the 1972 AP Poll title. I think you meant 1947-1971.

That you wake up and it’s still Massillon. ???
Baby Reaction GIF

He has YET to rebut the validity of ANY poll championship with a team that challenged those titles and was ducked! (Massillon scheduled all comers).

Try as theses trolls might they will NEVER invalidate Massillon's tradition / poll titles.

NOW, lets start with the playoffs, that fools like this, think are unchallenged in their validity (How many teams qualified for the playoffs, how are teams seeded which keeps teams out that should qualify and weaker teams in and of course he neglects to mention the effect of all-star teams where Joe Pickens of St. Ignatius confirms, his school was irrelevant till the era of these all-star teams - 80s, playing mostly for the city championship as St. Edwards, Benedictine and Mentor had stronger programs!)

How do these all-star teams (La Salle, Hoban) feel about the validity of their programs records, when they were blown out, this year, by two "better" national all-star teams?!

As a Hoban fan, I don't feel too bad about getting blown out by Bergen. Hoban's not a national powerhouse, they are a D3 school playing up a division in D2 and finding some amazing recent football success in Ohio. I'm proud of the recent success, and know that 2014 wasn't that long ago, when we were a middle of the road football team.

The strangest thing to me about the Massillon threads is that they are celebrating or jeering at titles that were decided 50+ years ago.

You stated winning the title is based on AP poll titles, i gave you an example.

Why not 26, after all you "won the ap poll title" in 1972 and 2019?

What a farce system that has proven to be, glad championships are given to the winning team of the playoffs each year, instead of brokered to the fanbase that buys off the northern based Ohio voters.

Back to your regular scheduled nonsense!

Dude, stop. Nobody else at LS gives a crap about Massillon. Just step back, enjoy the fact that La Salle is one of the best programs in the state the past seven years and let those folks have what they feel they have. Jesus, man.