We have the pairings.

9 AM - St. Edward v Lebanon, Perrysburg v Dublin Coffman
10:30 AM - 9AM winners, 9AM losers
12:30 PM - Brecksville v Marysville, Wadsworth v Moeller
2 PM - 12:30PM winners, 12:30PM losers
4:30 PM - first place, third place

W2W4
9 AM - Perrysburg v Dublin Coffman
10:30 AM - St. Edward v Perrysburg/Dublin Coffman winner (the dual meet will be St. Edward relatively decisively, but there's a large chunk of good individual matches)
12:30 PM - individual matches since neither dual should be close
2 PM - Brecksville v Wadsworth, and it starts from the toss of the coin
4:30 PM - both dual meets, the third place arguably moreso since the outcome will be in doubt (watch first place for individual matchups)

Ohh. So wadsworth and brecksville have competed against coffman and have lost both yet are seeded higher. What head to head results are you referring to?

They hadmore results to work with it simply appears that they were ignored. Coffman competed in 1 event with wadsworth and beat them. Same with brecksville. That isn't up for voting although the outcome would likely be changed if it went to a vote

They hadmore results to work with it simply appears that they were ignored. Coffman competed in 1 event with wadsworth and beat them. Same with brecksville. That isn't up for voting although the outcome would likely be changed if it went to a vote
You’re comparing results from two different style tournaments. Apples and oranges. When seeding a dual tournament they found it prudent to use dual results. If they get through Perrysburg it is very likely they get their shot at Wadsworth or Brecksville. If they win you can pound your chest and tell everyone you were right about the seeding. And they will finish 3rd instead of 2nd

You’re comparing results from two different style tournaments. Apples and oranges. When seeding a dual tournament they found it prudent to use dual results. If they get through Perrysburg it is very likely they get their shot at Wadsworth or Brecksville. If they win you can pound your chest and tell everyone you were right about the seeding. And they will finish 3rd instead of 2nd

Yeah, but it's still a vote and from my understanding coaches can put whatever information on their sheets they deem appropriate, so all of this information could be on Coffman's sheet. I only ever saw the sheets used when OHSAA did it, so I'm not sure if they are the same now or not. But those sheets had more than just dual results on them.

In the end, the coach's vote is what it is.

Reactions: GWF
Everyone gets at least two matches. The losers of the semis wrestle for third.

This is the part that is way better than the way that OHSAA did it. Can't imagine that schools from the southwest would be all that excited about traveling to Eds for one dual.

It's good for the qualifiers too where you get two duals (as long as all teams go) instead of just one. Back when my son's team went, it was cool to go to the Schott, but getting Eds 1st round meant that everyone knew we would be going home after one dual. Would have been nicer had they got more than one match (I understand the size of the venue and having all 3 divisions there plays a big role).

Agree! Just wish they had four mats so it could be run a little quicker at each school. No need to be there all day when there is only 8 schools at one location.

Agree! Just wish they had four mats so it could be run a little quicker at each school. No need to be there all day when there is only 8 schools at one location.

Not sure how ref cost plays into that, but it would be cool because then you could include wrestle backs for 5th place.