• Hoban by 9-16

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Hoban by 17+

Votes: 17 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing we know for sure is that the Massillon band will have all pregame and halftime to perform. Because the “so called” faith based school doesn’t have a band. The “so called” faith based school only cares about buying athletes. Get a band HYPOCRITES!!!
Even in bad years Hoban never had a band… usually have their cheer and dance teams perform at halftime. The dance team was state champs in hip hop so don’t think they only care about athletes.

To be fair, there aren't many Hoban fans on here (or anywhere, really). There are one or two who seem to be objective, knowledgeable fans, but the others seem to be sad parents still living through their kids. A lot of the Hoban talk from others is really anti-Massillon.
Like this isn’t the majority of Massillon fans? Lol

I see this years matchup as one that favors the tigers. Both defenses have been equally stingy giving up less than 8 points a game but the edge has to go to the Tigers offensively due to the QB position. I have not personally watched the Massillon QB but have read enough and seen the stats. Hoban will have to stop him and the run game to stay in this one. Hoban DB's are good enough to go man all game until proven otherwise so they will have to crowd the box and make tackles and hope the they do not get beat deep.

offensively Hoban just doesn't have the experience or talent QB to effectively keep the tigers honest. Boykin is very talented but he is a DB playing QB. He had the ability to hurt you with his legs but only if he could buy time with a passing threat and I don't see that happening. Unless Hoban can dominate the line and run with their 3 backs it could be a long night. Massillon appears to have the defensive line this year so we will know pretty quickly how this one will turn out.

special teams Hoban has a very good punter, average kicker and good return men. Massillon probably similar so who knows on this one.

Coaching. I give Hoban the edge here but only slightly. Everyone claims that TT only wins with superior talent but I would say the same thing of coach Moore. I think the edge goes with the DC Parnell for Hoban. I have seen his half time adjustments shut down many high powered offenses and that will be needed this year against what many claim to be the best team overall in any division.

fan bases. No contest Massillon will bring the noise on this one and dominate from start to finish. Could show up with 20 K on the home side.

hoping for a great game with no injuries and exciting play. I am hoping for a close game where the knights win by a score as they cannot keep pace in a high scoring affair.

I see this years matchup as one that favors the tigers. Both defenses have been equally stingy giving up less than 8 points a game but the edge has to go to the Tigers offensively due to the QB position. I have not personally watched the Massillon QB but have read enough and seen the stats. Hoban will have to stop him and the run game to stay in this one. Hoban DB's are good enough to go man all game until proven otherwise so they will have to crowd the box and make tackles and hope the they do not get beat deep.

offensively Hoban just doesn't have the experience or talent QB to effectively keep the tigers honest. Boykin is very talented but he is a DB playing QB. He had the ability to hurt you with his legs but only if he could buy time with a passing threat and I don't see that happening. Unless Hoban can dominate the line and run with their 3 backs it could be a long night. Massillon appears to have the defensive line this year so we will know pretty quickly how this one will turn out.

special teams Hoban has a very good punter, average kicker and good return men. Massillon probably similar so who knows on this one.

Coaching. I give Hoban the edge here but only slightly. Everyone claims that TT only wins with superior talent but I would say the same thing of coach Moore. I think the edge goes with the DC Parnell for Hoban. I have seen his half time adjustments shut down many high powered offenses and that will be needed this year against what many claim to be the best team overall in any division.

fan bases. No contest Massillon will bring the noise on this one and dominate from start to finish. Could show up with 20 K on the home side.

hoping for a great game with no injuries and exciting play. I am hoping for a close game where the knights win by a score as they cannot keep pace in a high scoring affair.
I can’t get a good read on you lol

After wading thru the usual swamp postings by the usual swamp people, a few thoughts on the game itself.

Defensively, the two teams have performed equally against very similar opposition. Hoban has given up 7.7 PPG, Massillon 7.5.

Massillon has the advantage offensively, 41 PPG vs Hoban 33 PPG. Everyone talked about Andersons offense, but the Tigers actually scored more points in 15 games than Anderson.

Perhaps the biggest stat to look at is Massillons defense against the run...giving up 33 YPG. That is insane.

Both teams have had eye opening performances, with a WOW factor.

Hobans first game vs Walsh, where they put up an amazing 35 pts to open the game. Massillon putting up 55 points in a state semi against Anderson.

On the negative side, Hoban not scoring offensively vs St Ed.

Neither team has been challenged much late in a game. Hoban twice, vs St Ed (L) and Avon (W). Massillon vs St Ed (W).

Something to watch for, Massillon has a tendency to start slow defensively. Valdosta scored twice in the first qtr. St Ed scored first, as did Lake. Anderson scored easily on its first possession. This also happened in previous games vs St Ed and Hoban.

The knock on Hobans QB is....uh....uncalled for. Everybody would love to have a QB that was 13-1. Hes obviously doing a lot of things right. All he does is win.

Another thing to watch is if Pringle is available. He is an impact player. Massillon has gone into the title game twice without its best player, and it hurt the Tigers.

Massillon absolutely can NOT get caught staring in the backfield and give up any easy play action TDs like last year. Hoban will most certainly try to dial a few up as they always do. The three RBs are all good, Williams is fast fast, Feister needs to be hit before he gets his momentum rolling and the second guy in needs to go for the ball as he has had fumble issues at times.

While I love getting the Massillon fans worked up. I agree with the above posts. Massillon has the edge over Hoban all because of the QB play. These are 2 equally matched teams. I will say I think Hoban has an edge in the coaching department all because of Coach Parnell and have had success in this game (Yes I know Moore won at LaSalle but no success at Massillon, edge Hoban). If Massillon doesn’t get in their own way like they have had in the past, they have a better than not chance at winning and getting the monkey off their backs.

Massillon doesn’t put much emphasis on academics. Their 2.5 stars out of 5 (one of the lowest in Stark County) on the recently released State Report Cards reinforces that.
Weird. Almost like there's a significant low income population in city school districts that suburban schools districts have intentionally excluded through restrictive zoning practices, artificially high property values, and closed enrollment policies.

Massillon doesn’t put much emphasis on academics. Their 2.5 stars out of 5 (one of the lowest in Stark County) on the recently released State Report Cards reinforces that.
Weird that a Massillon player was offered a scholarship from Duke recently. Maybe you should tell Duke that Massillon kids aren't very smart. Would hate for them to waste one of their scholarships. 🙄

Statistical analysis will find most open enrollment school districts have lower test scores than the average. It doesn't mean that the opportunity isn't there for a good education. Open enrollment school districts end up with students who are not wanted elsewhere especially closed enrollment districts. Facts

This is where your ignorance shines through. The football team has a very high GPA (3.4 or 3.6 something in that neighborhood)

But tell us more about St.V's state championships in breakdance and rock skipping.

Without making any comment on Hoban’s roster construction practices, this is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever read.

I disagree as well. Public schools don't own the right to the educate the child simply because they live in their district. There are plenty of kids that their parents have chosen private catholic as the right environment for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.