• Hoban by 9-16

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Hoban by 17+

Votes: 17 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is something special about being on the field with your teammates watching the clock tick down to zero in a state title game. Or to be a fan of the program and watch your team, or better yet, to watch your son, on the field as those final seconds tick away. When my son won a title with STVM he came over to me on the field and I told him to look around... to take it all in... and to remember... Those are the moments you never want to forget. For the Massillon players, fans and program, I am very happy for you that you got to enjoy that moment.

There is something special about being on the field with your teammates watching the clock tick down to zero in a state title game. Or to be a fan of the program and watch your team, or better yet, to watch your son, on the field as those final seconds tick away. When my son won a title with STVM he came over to me on the field and I told him to look around... to take it all in... and to remember... Those are the moments you never want to forget. For the Massillon players, fans and program, I am very happy for you that you got to enjoy that moment.
That run St V had was pretty special and produced some real nice Buckeyes!

I understand but maybe they just ran into really sound defenses. Sometimes we don’t give enough credit where it needs to be. Be careful what you ask for. Just saying! Hoban is more than fine but I will gladly encourage them to lose their mind and blow it up over reacting to facing top of the line defenses! Very, Very talented football team, You might ride it just a little longer, the run will not last for ever!
Exactly. No need to restructure the program and StEds and Massillon did have very good defenses but Hoban still had enough talent to at least have scored on them.

Exactly. No need to restructure the program and StEds and Massillon did have very good defenses but Hoban still had enough talent to at least have scored on them.
Again I understand but Massillon gave very talented offenses all kinds of trouble all year long. 5 in particular were very talented. And in many cases if a team scored it was a big broken play resulting in a score not drives resulting in points. Only 2 of these 5 teams scored more than once. Be careful what you are asking for just saying! Hoban was very good and trying to chase something you may break something that is not broke!

Again I understand but Massillon gave very talented offenses all kinds of trouble all year long. 5 in particular were very talented. And in many cases if a team scored it was a big broken play resulting in a score not drives resulting in points. Only 2 of these 5 teams scored more than once. Be careful what you are asking for just saying! Hoban was very good and trying to chase something you may break something that is not broke!
I agree. I do think they need better quarterback play. Hamm and Clark were consistently more accurate passers and were good at protecting the football and avoiding negative losses. I think we will no more right before next season what Hoban does with their quarterback and offense. Also, agree with you Massillon and StEds defense along with Hoban were outstanding. I am not taking anything away from Massillon. They deservedly won the game and proved to be the best team all year.

Not only are Eds & Massillon both loaded with FBS (Power 5) talent, but their standard of excellence also brings the best out of their guys that don't often get the recognition that they deserve. The entire state knows about guys like Dorian Pringle & Chase Bond (crazy that he's "only" 2nd Team All Ohio), but having seen Massillon up close, I can tell you that guys like Malachi Card, Maverick Clark, Ryan Page, and Tra'Yon Williams are absolute monsters on defense that don't get talked about. They may not be committed to FBS schools like some of the guys that they go up against, but competitors like that are going to raise their level of play and match (if not exceed) the energy of opposing players regardless of how good they are.

I actually thought that Massillon's play calling last week was pretty conservative (unless I missed it, I didn't see one throw to Emy Louis, who is another playmaker that rarely gets mentioned), but Hoban isn't just going to allow you do anything that you want to them offensively. Massillon getting held to 7 points is absolutely insane, so credit to both defenses for putting on some excellent performances.

Not only are Eds & Massillon both loaded with FBS (Power 5) talent, but their standard of excellence also brings the best out of their guys that don't often get the recognition that they deserve. The entire state knows about guys like Dorian Pringle & Chase Bond (crazy that he's "only" 2nd Team All Ohio), but having seen Massillon up close, I can tell you that guys like Malachi Card, Maverick Clark, Ryan Page, and Tra'Yon Williams are absolute monsters on defense that don't get talked about. They may not be committed to FBS schools like some of the guys that they go up against, but competitors like that are going to raise their level of play and match (if not exceed) the energy of opposing players regardless of how good they are.

I actually thought that Massillon's play calling last week was pretty conservative (unless I missed it, I didn't see one throw to Emy Louis, who is another playmaker that rarely gets mentioned), but Hoban isn't just going to allow you do anything that you want to them offensively. Massillon getting held to 7 points is absolutely insane, so credit to both defenses for putting on some excellent performances.
What's crazier than Bond being second team all state is Fair being third team.

Coach Moore does and will play conservative when he fills the need. Typically it’s usually against McKinley.
But when he smells blood he goes for the throat.

He pretty much tried to "keep things in front of him." Slight risk faking the pount at the end, but his defense played so well, it was worth the risk.

Hill is a dangerous playmaker for the Knights!

What's crazier than Bond being second team all state is Fair being third team.

Yeah Fair is a beast! Coach Moore will defninitely make sure that he plays in college!

'24 LB Cody Fair Massillon.jpg

Lines weren't terrible about 40 mins prior to kickoff. I'd say 14,900 was a low-ball. I sincerely doubt there were 9000 empty seats in that stadium last night. Home side was 95% full, away was probably 75%. End zone was the only obviously empty area. My eyeball guess was more like 18-19k.
IMG_9780.jpeg

A lot of Massillon fans were sitting like this, though…

Right because what is said on a hs football forum has any bearing to what happens on the field on Thursday night. 🤦🏻‍♂️
WAIT, WHAT? Didn't Massillon's Pettiburn say that Ohio NEVER plays during the weekdays in the playoffs? He was trashing the GHSA for having to schedule games during the week. I responded by saying something like, prior commitments had been made for Saturday and Sunday games being played in Mercedes Benz, by the Atlanta United and the Atlanta Falcons!

WAIT, WHAT? Didn't Massillon's Pettiburn say that Ohio NEVER plays during the weekdays in the playoffs? He was trashing the GHSA for having to schedule games during the week. I responded by saying something like, prior commitments had been made for Saturday and Sunday games being played in Mercedes Benz, by the Atlanta United and the Atlanta Falcons!
Never said that sister lover.

Status
Not open for further replies.