• Hoban by 9-16

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Hoban by 17+

Votes: 17 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely will not sit on that side of the field at Benson again unless they remove that. I’ll just go sit in the endzone or sit on the home side away from McK fans so they don’t think I’m over there to cause problems or anything. Benson is a great place but that is a complete joke to leave that up.

Hopefully you're right but the live streaming has put an end to the really huge crowds.

The 2002 Division 1 state title game came on TV and Warren Harding & Cincinnati Elder still packed 20,328 fans at Fawcett Stadium in a blizzard. 4th largest crowd ever at an OHSAA state title game and the most ever for one at Fawcett. Took us 3 hours to get back to Warren.

Personally, from top to bottom, this is the best Massillon team that I've ever seen. I've seen several of their fans talking about flying home this week, so I highly doubt that many of them will settle for a stream.

i-6gL9QmW-XL.jpg

I’ll say this and will eat crow for it if I’m wrong. When we shut down Hoban’s run game because to me I just don’t see them running it well, they will have to pass some. If we don’t give up a stupid trick play or play action and they get behind us and score like last year, they will struggle to score on offense. I don’t know what it is with people not buying into this Massillon defense. Where Hoban can have some success is if they create turnovers. That’s the only way they win. I watched there pass rush against Avon, I was not impressed like I have been in the past. That doesn’t mean I think that the defense isn’t good, it is. It’s very good. If we play anything close to what we did Friday we win by a couple scores. Btw PRINGLE and CARD will play Thursday night. Have a great week everyone. Go Tigers! 🐅
Just curious of your sources saying Pringle is playing?

The 2002 Division 1 state title game came on TV and Warren Harding & Cincinnati Elder still packed 20,328 fans at Fawcett Stadium in a blizzard. 4th largest crowd ever at an OHSAA state title game and the most ever for one at Fawcett. Took us 3 hours to get back to Warren.

Personally, from top to bottom, this is the best Massillon team that I've ever seen. I've seen several of their fans talking about flying home this week, so I highly doubt that many of them will settle for a stream.

View attachment 50438
You don’t see that much anymore. Miss those Rubber Bowl standing-room-only crowds—you know, where the OHSAA said there were 12,000 tickets sold for a packed 30,000-seat venue.

Thankful for the streams—couldn’t live without them—but this Tiger +1 will be flying in from west of the Rockies for the final. Go Tigers! Beat Hoban!

While I'd love to go, I just can't walk that stadium with my asthma and back pain. The accessibility is far too inadequate along with some of their policies (not allowed to exit the stadium at half time for a smoke and get back in after without buying a new ticket, etc).

I think it will be a very close game for the first half. Hoban will most likely score first on a lucky break. Massillon will then answer pretty quickly. Hoban will capitalize on Massillon screwing up with either a series of several penalties, a turnover, or something along those lines and end up with a second TD and their FG kick blocked. Massillon will then eventually get the 2nd touchdown in the 2nd quarter just before halftime to walk off the field with a 14-13 lead. The 3rd quarter will likely be scoreless for Hoban but Massillon will score one near the end of the 3rd quarter. And then finally, half way through the 4th quarter we'll likely see a final score by Massillon. Final score will be 28-13 Massillon.

I swear if that is how it goes down, I'm playing the lottery next week.

Regardless of how it goes down, I can only see Massillon winning this. Earlier in the season I've doubted Massillon's pass defense. But the way they quickly adapted and pulled out the stops on Anderson, I see differently. We're looking at an all time greatest Massillon defense along with the usual great offense with some extra added on that we've never really had before. For the very first time that I've seen, every single Massillon player on that field on either side of the ball has been playing at the very top of their game and peaking at the right time. I can see the chemistry is there with the entire team, the fire, the heart, the passion, the effort, the teamplay, the speed, the athleticism, and the strength. It's ALL there in all of them like never before. I've never seen this level before. Massillon is definitely 100%, without a doubt, winning this game.

You don’t see that much anymore. Miss those Rubber Bowl standing-room-only crowds—you know, where the OHSAA said there were 12,000 tickets sold for a packed 30,000-seat venue.

Thankful for the streams—couldn’t live without them—but this Tiger +1 will be flying in from west of the Rockies for the final. Go Tigers! Beat Hoban!
Stop by 21st street. The old neighborhood looks the same, minus York school, and Penny's pond.
GO TIGERS !

Hey Matthew : a golf cart picked my mother up in the parking lot : drove her to the door : theres an elevator that take you upstairs . Don’t let asthma stop you( moms got it ) : we got your back ! Tig🐅

Is that a trick question? 🤣
I believe it was a rhetorical question. :ROFLMAO:

I never bet against Hoban, but I think it is going to be a field goal or less victory. I see Avon is a lot like Massillon. They won their games by an average of 40-9 for Avon compare to 40-7 for Massillon.

I have four club seats for the game. Thought Avon would be there. PM me if you want them. They can be transferred through the Home Team app.

This is the year that Massillon Washington gets it done. It won't be easy, and Hoban will fight tooth and nail, but I like the Tigers. I'm going with:

Massillon Washington 24
Hoban 14

Status
Not open for further replies.