Votes: 16 16.8%
  • Avon by 1-8

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • Avon by 9-16

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Avon by 17+

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
Avon has had a fair share of transfers/move ins .. they are just like everyone else
Kids move to Avon for whatever reason it’s not anyone business why families move. A player has to live in Avon to play for Avon…Unlike open enrollment/private schools. Avon will always has a CB of 0.

No. The kids that come up through the CYO system stay with it for high school.
Mostly true. There have been some kids though who start at Holy Trinity but switch over to Avon schools before high school. Football has been one of the factors in play there - i.e. Avon has a strong youth program and CYO doesn’t start tackle till 5th grade or get to 11 on 11 tackle till 7th grade.

According to Cougar22 TT is going to need to coach his butt off because they have never had a good QB or Wrs with any speed or talent. Also, Avon has a huge socioeconomic advantage since they come from homes with stability. Can't wait to watch TT dominate the coaching aspect of this game with all the odds stacked against him. Who is their DC? How does he get such a dominant defense with such average players.

Im pretty sure he went out during the first round playoff game. I could be wrong.
He was held out of the first round as a precaution from a hit he took in Week 10, but the injury that ended his season occurred right before halftime in the third playoff game and was unrelated to the Week 10 hit.

According to Cougar22 TT is going to need to coach his butt off because they have never had a good QB or Wrs with any speed or talent. Also, Avon has a huge socioeconomic advantage since they come from homes with stability. Can't wait to watch TT dominate the coaching aspect of this game with all the odds stacked against him. Who is their DC? How does he get such a dominant defense with such average players.

TT does more with less than any coach in Ohio, maybe the US. Can you imagine if they had as much D1 talent as their opponents?

He was held out of the first round as a precaution from a hit he took in Week 10, but the injury that ended his season occurred right before halftime in the third playoff game and was unrelated to the Week 10 hit.

That's the risk with dual threat or running QB's. Imo one of the most effective weapons in hs football, but you just hope & pray they stay healthy. I been hoping and praying for ours all year it's nerve racking. Anyhow good Luck Avon!!! Or should I say better luck.

Very well said

I'm not gone lie I think Avon can win this game even without their star QB. Hoban is Hoban but I don't feel like they are as strong as they have been in the past. If Avon can keep this game below 21 points they most definitely have a opportunity to win but they can not get into a shout-out with the knights. Hoban from what I have been seeing and is they I have had problems with turnovers and penalties and I feel like when you playing a well coached team like Avon you can't afford to make costly mistakes like that. Good luck to both teams
Pre Avon QB injury, I would have Avon winning and felt relatively confident. More than any other playoff game they have had with Hoban the last 5 years or so. Now I just don't see it. (just 1 man's thought).

One thing that Elder is real good at is tailoring his gameplan to his talent. He's had 3 weeks bring the new QB up to speed. Won't be the same offense that they would've run with Good, but it will be one that maximizes the strengths of the kids that are out there. Will that be enough? No idea, but Avon will have 21 other kids out there who can also lay claim to 14-0. They aren't going to roll over.

One thing that Elder is real good at is tailoring his gameplan to his talent. He's had 3 weeks bring the new QB up to speed. Won't be the same offense that they would've run with Good, but it will be one that maximizes the strengths of the kids that are out there. Will that be enough? No idea, but Avon will have 21 other kids out there who can also lay claim to 14-0. They aren't going to roll over.
Mike's actually had 16 years to get the QB ready for this moment. He'll be fine, a little smaller version of Nolan Good. It seems to me the issue is Hoban's defense, which might be their second best only to their 2020 defense. Both groups returned 10 starters, laden with several D1 kids. If Blake struggles, it won't be because he wasn't ready. It'll be because Good would have also. Avon will still have the best weapon in the game in Caffey, the UC commit at RB. Which team plays a cleaner game could decide it.

Mike's actually had 16 years to get the QB ready for this moment. He'll be fine, a little smaller version of Nolan Good. It seems to me the issue is Hoban's defense, which might be their second best only to their 2020 defense. Both groups returned 10 starters, laden with several D1 kids. If Blake struggles, it won't be because he wasn't ready. It'll be because Good would have also. Avon will still have the best weapon in the game in Caffey, the UC commit at RB. Which team plays a cleaner game could decide it.
The only team in the state that can match Hoban’s defense is Eds.
Avon has talented kids but not enough to overcome what Hoban has.

Hoban 35
Avon 14

Then Massillon (should both they and Hoban win) should feel pretty good about the 250 yards rushing they put up on St. Ed.
That didn’t take long. As I’ve said many times I hope Massillon wins D2 and they’ll have the chance to show Hoban next week.