Votes: 16 16.8%
  • Avon by 1-8

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • Avon by 9-16

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Avon by 17+

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
If that quarterback plays what you say may have been true. The only thing is it is all hypothetical. You can't know for sure they would have won if he would have played. Would it have increased their chances absolutely. I have said similar things when my teams lost a key player before a big game and everybody always said to me its all hypothetical. You don't know for sure if the outcome would have been different. It's like cavs fans always say the 1st time they played Golden State for the championship If Kevin Love and Kyree Erving play they definitely would have beat Golden State.How do you they would have?
Very true. We can only know about the game that was actually played. It sure would have been nice to see Good out there that night, though.

Gold seats gone

Attachments

• IMG_5090.png
    IMG_5090.png
    174.7 KB · Views: 58
If you watched Avon this year, he was the one player whose skill set you could not replace. He's a D1 prospect for a reason. Avon will be back next year. They bring back a ton of talent especially in front 7 on D, WR and QB. Also a D1 CB and a lot of depth in the backfield. This season was suppose to be a down year and it was maybe the best Avon team ever when fully healthy. One day soon they will get over the hump. It does take some luck though and unfortunately it struck Avon at the wrong time as through the playoffs injuries hit key players.
I disagree. The skill set of Caffey and Hamilton are irreplaceable. They are the highest rated recruits to play at Avon ever. One going to Michigan and the other to Cincinnati. Those caliber of players you just do not replace at a closed enrollment public school.

I disagree. The skill set of Caffey and Hamilton are irreplaceable. They are the highest rated recruits to play at Avon ever. One going to Michigan and the other to Cincinnati. Those caliber of players you just do not replace at a closed enrollment public school.
I think Ross Douglas was the highest rated Avon player ever, actually.

That is debatable. My ranking is
1. Hamilton
2. Douglas
3. Vakos
4. Caffey
5. Gerak

Looks like Hamilton just noses out Douglas.

You guys talk of him as the second coming and now he is not even all county. Massillon has every bit of talent as Hoban, maybe more and you want to make a joke of it. Hoban is the underdog this year and everyone knows it. After all, you beat St Ed's and Hoban did not correct?
How can you say that Hoban has 11 D1 guys on defense and then say that Massillon has more talent?! 😂😂

Hamilton and Caffey are the best ever at their positions in Avon. They are both irreplaceable. Their importance to the team through their ability and leadership can not be measured. #5 at QB has traits with his legs that I have rarely seen at HS level. Irreplaceable as not in the highest rated player but in that his injury altered what Avon would run on offense in a major way.

Hamilton and Caffey are the best ever at their positions in Avon. They are both irreplaceable. Their importance to the team through their ability and leadership can not be measured. #5 at QB has traits with his legs that I have rarely seen at HS level. Irreplaceable as not in the highest rated player but in that his injury altered what Avon would run on offense in a major way.
This ^^^^^^^

How can you say that Hoban has 11 D1 guys on defense and then say that Massillon has more talent?! 😂😂
Basing that on the results from this season. Obviously Massillon has better talent as they best St Ed's and Hoban lost to St Ed's. Also Massillon fans and everyone else in the state agrees that Massillon has the best team overall. Just read the press and Yappi. Hoban may have more D1 offers due to its program and overall exposure with college coaches thus far, but that doesn't mean they are more talented. Offers don't always translate to success on the grid iron.

Was the foolish WR toss that was intercepted mental or aggressive? I have to think other ways to be aggressive

Despite not having Good, Avon just about had control of the game when momentum swung due to a less than ideal play call

Basing that on the results from this season. Obviously Massillon has better talent as they best St Ed's and Hoban lost to St Ed's. Also Massillon fans and everyone else in the state agrees that Massillon has the best team overall. Just read the press and Yappi. Hoban may have more D1 offers due to its program and overall exposure with college coaches thus far, but that doesn't mean they are more talented. Offers don't always translate to success on the grid iron.

Better or more talented are 2 different things. A healthy Avon or Massillon are not more talented than Ed or Hoban. Besides nobody wants to hear private school powerhouses that win title after title after title play the "little engine that could" card how obnoxious, lol.

Qb is probably the only position group advantage I'd give Massillon Thursday and possibly wr, but they are playing well as a team have good chemistry and a town supporting them.

Was the foolish WR toss that was intercepted mental or aggressive? I have to think other ways to be aggressive

Despite not having Good, Avon just about had control of the game when momentum swung due to a less than ideal play call
I completely agree that was a very bad call at a very bad time, but Coach Elder has always been an aggressive coach. I think he was going for the jugular, but it was not a play I would have called. They were marching down the field just fine at that point. Sad to say, but it’s the play that lost the game. Hoban was struggling a bit and that interception and score gave them new life and allowed them to play their game the rest of the way and eat clock.

Stefanski did the same thing yesterday and called a trick play reverse at a bad time and bad spot, only down by five points, and when it blew up the entire momentum of the game swung to the Broncos and they never gave it back. The game turned on that bad call.

I completely agree that was a very bad call at a very bad time, but Coach Elder has always been an aggressive coach. I think he was going for the jugular, but it was not a play I would have called. They were marching down the field just fine at that point. Sad to say, but it’s the play that lost the game. Hoban was struggling a bit and that interception and score gave them new life and allowed them to play their game the rest of the way and eat clock.

Stefanski did the same thing yesterday and called a trick play reverse at a bad time and bad spot, only down by five points, and when it blew up the entire momentum of the game swung to the Broncos and they never gave it back. The game turned on that bad call.
Thank you for reply. Sheds more light to things.

Better or more talented are 2 different things. A healthy Avon or Massillon are not more talented than Ed or Hoban. Besides nobody wants to hear private school powerhouses that win title after title after title play the "little engine that could" card how obnoxious, lol.

Qb is probably the only position group advantage I'd give Massillon Thursday and possibly wr, but they are playing well as a team have good chemistry and a town supporting them.
Hoban has an Ohio state offered receiver and Kentucky offered TE so we don’t have that either lol

It was a bad call because it didn't work. If it worked we are singing his praises. Don't be too hard on Elder. On-side kicks, fake punts, reverses and flea flickers, are high risk high reward, so you either look great or stupid.

First off, no one can know for sure who has more talent and who is better Massillon or Hoban. You have to play the game. Also last year Massillon beat Eds 28 to 24. Eds beat Hoban 41to 20. If you go by that you would say Massillon was better than Hoban. When they played Hoban 41 to 20 over Massillon. Also last year Moeller 49 to 31 over Massillon. Massillon 28 to 2over Eds.. Moeller is better than Eds going by the above scores. When they played Eds 6 Moeller 0. This game Massillon vs Hoban could go several different ways. Who knows. That is why they play the games.

It was a bad call because it didn't work. If it worked we are singing his praises. Don't be too hard on Elder. On-side kicks, fake punts, reverses and flea flickers, are high risk high reward, so you either look great or stupid.
True, of course, but…to me…the timing of the play was bad. It was at a time when Avon was moving just fine on Hoban and it was on a first down, I believe.