DI Springfield vs St Edward Updates (12/01/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess that is true but there have been many teams in different sports who have won a string of division, regional ,conference etc championships and I have never heard them called a dynasty. Atlanta Braves 10 straight national league east titles in the 90's ,Buffalo Bills 5 straight American conference championships, Cleveland Indians 5 straight division championships etc.
But within the NL, the Braves were considered a dynasty. And so were the Indians within the AL in the mid to late '90s. It's the consistency in winning alot that makes one a dynasty.

Springfield wouldn't make it out of R4 if they played in it. They wouldn't get the flags they always get to advance the ball like they did when they played Moeller. They could not not play good teams week after week.

As of now Springfield only needs to get lucky once against a R4 team now since they only play them once in the semis.

The past 3 years show that Springfield can not play back to back good teams without losing. The refs can only help Springfield in Piqua once.
Except for Beavercreek and Fairmont, SHS played very good teams every week of the regular season. And, no one had a tougher playoff schedule than SHS. St Eds never played anyone in this year's playoffs til they encountered SHS. And that was a dogfight that was tied up most of the game until they won it late in the 4th either just a few minutes left. And as for Moeller, I don't recall any flags in the OT on either team's drive. But I do recall SHS's defense rising up like a steel curtain at the 1 yard line.

But within the NL, the Braves were considered a dynasty. And so were the Indians within the AL in the mid to late '90s. It's the consistency in winning alot that makes one a dynasty.
Dude, dynasties are talked about regarding the ultimate prize. You definitely weren't a Celtics nor Lakers fan back in the day. Only banners up in the rafters were NBA Champions variety

Dude, dynasties are talked about regarding the ultimate prize. You definitely weren't a Celtics nor Lakers fan back in the day. Only banners up in the rafters were NBA Champions variety
SHS had regional championship and state runner-up banners up. Those are prized possessions too that alot of people would like to have. Just ask Moeller, Dublin Coffman, Olentangy, Centerville, etc. They all cried like babies because they didn't get the state runner-up trophy.

Season 9 Reaction GIF by The Office

How did they win 5 straight titles without appearing in three straight title games? 🤡
An "appearance" in the state title game implicitly means you did not win it. Otherwise, you would use the word "championship" instead of appearance. My posts require more than just use of a dictionary. One must also be skilled in reading comprehension which goes beyond individual words and their assigned definitions. My posts require use of context clues and a rudimentary understanding and interpretation of the connotations in which the words are used as well as an advanced understanding of the differences between literal and figurative speaking. Given your challenges, I might suggest asking SHS if you could enroll in their freshman reading skills courses. Although you will be in with freshmen, it ostensibly appears you would receive better instruction than what Massillon has to offer...

An "appearance" in the state title game implicitly means you did not win it. Otherwise, you would use the word "championship" instead of appearance. My posts require more than just use of a dictionary. One must also be skilled in reading comprehension which goes beyond individual words and their assigned definitions. My posts require use of context clues and a rudimentary understanding and interpretation of the connotations in which the words are used as well as an advanced understanding of the differences between literal and figurative speaking. Given your challenges, I might suggest asking SHS if you could enroll in their freshman reading skills courses. Although you will be in with freshman, it ostensibly appears you would receive better instruction than what Massillon has to offer...
How many months have 28 days?

Ok, to clear things up

Alex, I'll take OHSAA playoff trivia for $1000

A: Springfield

Q: The only school to win 5 straight D1 regional championships and lose 3 straight state championship games.

Last edited:
They have over 100 football-playing schools in their division just like the rest (except D1). MSML has no inherent advantage over any of them. They're just simply PFP the best football program in the state. THAT'S why they're so hard to beat.
ML is not the best football program in the state idk what weed you smoking but whatever it is let me hit it tho 😂😂😂😂

An "appearance" in the state title game implicitly means you did not win it. Otherwise, you would use the word "championship" instead of appearance. My posts require more than just use of a dictionary. One must also be skilled in reading comprehension which goes beyond individual words and their assigned definitions. My posts require use of context clues and a rudimentary understanding and interpretation of the connotations in which the words are used as well as an advanced understanding of the differences between literal and figurative speaking. Given your challenges, I might suggest asking SHS if you could enroll in their freshman reading skills courses. Although you will be in with freshmen, it ostensibly appears you would receive better instruction than what Massillon has to offer...
Considering you literally just said nobody has won five straight Regional championships and has been to three straight state championships shows me all I need to know about Springfield education 😂😂😂

Not sure why you responding to those MASS1LLON trolls. They sure have an interest in Springfield. Not sure why. They need to follow MSML due to them being the best program in the state, bar none. In the last 13 years, Ole Goodwin has won 11 State Championships and 2 runner ups. Now that is a legacy right there. And anyone who says otherwise are just unknowledgeable of Ohio HS football. Period.
Now that MASS1LLON has finally won a legit Championship on the field after 50 years, those chest thumpers are back carrying their canes and are hooten an hollering about their glory days. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Well there is a new sheriff in town and everyone knows it and MASS1llon fan can't stand it. They want to be the center of HS football, but it's passed them by. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

A lot of smack from someone who supports a school now called SpringfieLLLd
WTH is wrong with you? Are you now the guy standing behing the bullies going "oh yeah?" For a local school, not that much different a situation than the schools you support, Fremont or Norwalk, to play with the best the state has, even if coming up a few scores short, how you going to treat them like that?

There is ONE poster been supporting that school and facts are, they have been right. When all their poster opponents were talking down that school's efforts, one poster stuck in there to defend. That takes a whole lot more guts than your post. Against that kind of vitriol being directed towards Springfield, of course someone is going to get a bit defensive and outrageous. Springfield is clearly one of the better success stories in the state.

A poster Old School Middie, albeit a "new member" and their first post, claims that Springfield's coach is going to be Middletown's new "big hire." Again, this is not from me and just stirring the pot that I thought might be an interesting turn of events in this thread. Is Douglas really thinking about leaving Springfield for the Middletown job or is he using it for something else?

A poster Old School Middie, albeit a "new member" and their first post, claims that Springfield's coach is going to be Middletown's new "big hire." Again, this is not from me and just stirring the pot that I thought might be an interesting turn of events in this thread. Is Douglas really thinking about leaving Springfield for the Middletown job or is he using it for something else?
Maybe he is pulling a John Calipari and getting out before the sanctions hit. :stirthepot:

Status
Not open for further replies.