DaOne Owens.......................

Who was the last great "homegrown" QB from Massillon? Longwell? Does Massillon not develop their own players from the district or do they rely heavily on more talented players to come into the program? ( Owens, Willtrell Hartson, Te'Jamere Nash, Marcus Moore Jr. Andrai Jones, Munford)

A lot of the flack towards Massillon is because of the homer posters on here. Not to mention actively recruiting players from local schools to compensate for their lack of home talent and their fans denying it lol people would respect the program more if they just owned it.
Can you give me specific examples of where we are doing this as opposed to these guys making a personal decision to come here, get noticed by colleges, and ultimately win a state championship. Take your time. I'll wait. It's going to be awhile. Idiot.

Who was the last great "homegrown" QB from Massillon? Longwell? Does Massillon not develop their own players from the district or do they rely heavily on more talented players to come into the program? ( Owens, Willtrell Hartson, Te'Jamere Nash, Marcus Moore Jr. Andrai Jones, Munford)

A lot of the flack towards Massillon is because of the homer posters on here. Not to mention actively recruiting players from local schools to compensate for their lack of home talent and their fans denying it lol people would respect the program more if they just owned it.
Norwayne… nuff said 😂😂😂

You think we care about people like you respecting us? Adorable.

Can you give me specific examples of where we are doing this as opposed to these guys making a personal decision to come here, get noticed by colleges, and ultimately win a state championship. Take your time. I'll wait. It's going to be awhile. Idiot.
They won't be able to because it changes their narrative.
Good programs, from travel ball (for all sports), to High School Sports, to college, the best programs recruit for themselves.
If parents can afford to send their kid(s) to a private school with a great education and athletic program, they will do so.
If the parents can't enroll their kid into a private school, for whatever the reason, they will search out the best public school option.

Also I'm not really trying to be that guy but everybody does it to Massillon so might as well speak on it. Let's also not forget that Canton South also had some transfers from Massillon and McKinley that played a big part in their success I am by no means trying to take away anything that poochie did but you combined them athletes along with what they already had and then put them in the Pac 7 it's going to be a movie just like it was. I am not trying to be a homer or anything like that but I truly do think level of competition needs to start being a factor in some of these decisions because a outstanding ball player is going to shine regardless of competition and they're going to make their impact but that's like the kid from Lake who I believe was Stark County player of the year last year did not show up in the crunch time because of the level of competition that he was playing just so everybody understands that I'm not being biased I remember in 2015 when Massillon and Perry played Sims was all out ball player he gassed everybody he played and if I'm not mistaken I believe he will start counting player of the year and he rightfully deserved it.
The level of competition argument is interesting because who’s to say that being on a team as good as Massillon is, could help said player look better than what he is? I understand they play tougher teams but guys like DaOne (he’s elite and everything I’m saying here isn’t really directed at him) are surrounded by superior talent. I really get what you’re saying, but someone like butler, or poochie they don’t play on teams nearly as talented as Massillon. So in my opinion it could ALMOST (heavy emphasis on this) be more impressive with what they are doing. Thats why I don’t think it’s necessarily fair to say they didn’t show up, because their teams were completely overwhelmed and football is not a 1 man show. I don’t know the right answer to this argument, but it’s interesting. Either way, all three deserved to be on the all county team.

The level of competition argument is interesting because who’s to say that being on a team as good as Massillon is, could help said player look better than what he is? I understand they play tougher teams but guys like DaOne (he’s elite and everything I’m saying here isn’t really directed at him) are surrounded by superior talent. I really get what you’re saying, but someone like butler, or poochie they don’t play on teams nearly as talented as Massillon. So in my opinion it could ALMOST (heavy emphasis on this) be more impressive with what they are doing. Thats why I don’t think it’s necessarily fair to say they didn’t show up, because their teams were completely overwhelmed and football is not a 1 man show. I don’t know the right answer to this argument, but it’s interesting. Either way, all three deserved to be on the all county team.
I mean I actually agree with some of the points that you made but I will say you can tell when a player is just head and shoulders above everybody regardless of how good their team is. I am in no means trying to compare Nate Baker to Lynn Bowden but in 2016 that Warren Harding team was not good but he literally made the team and he made an impact and you can tell his true talents or I will look at the 2014 team from Perrysburg that team wasn't good but Gus demmerling was an absolute stud and he made an impact I mean don't get me wrong it's impressive but I always just look at the level of competition that teams are playing and if that player is doing it at a high level I'm going to give him props and it's not even just a kid being at Massillon it's other schools as well so I don't want you to think I'm trying to be a homer or nothing like oh well you got to play at Massillon in order to be considered great or anything cuz it's nothing like that like I give kids from Eds ,Hoban,Avon or hell even Bishop Watterson that kid that played linebacker for them I think it was number six he was absolute stud and I'm not trying to take nothing away from Baker or anything like that you know

I will also say though Da'one had the same stats at Copley as well

Very well said. Was Zwick homegrown? All I remember was at work this MASS1LLON guy was bragging about him and he's going to OSU. We all know how that turned out, don't we. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I’d love to know the D1 or D2 school that has nothing but kids that have lived in that same school district since kindergarten. 🙄
I’d bet they exist but they’re not in the conversation because they’re not in the playoffs.

Every team with a chance to go far in the playoffs has transfers. Maybe in D6 or 7 you have the hometown team of a generation.

Honestly the griping about transfers is old. It’s a part of high school football now. Big whoop.

I’d bet they exist but they’re not in the conversation because they’re not in the playoffs.

Every team with a chance to go far in the playoffs has transfers. Maybe in D6 or 7 you have the hometown team of a generation.

Honestly the griping about transfers is old. It’s a part of high school football now. Big whoop.

It is not about transfers it is about Massillon. Who else gets grief? Glenville lately too I suppose. Esp. in Stark, you'll barely hear a peep about Ed, Hoban, LaSalle, TCC, or Winton Woods. Or other FL/Stark transfers. Cuz it's not about that.

I’d love to know the D1 or D2 school that has nothing but kids that have lived in that same school district since kindergarten. 🙄
As would I. Avon is closed enrollment with a stud D1 running back from Clyde that came to Avon as a high school student. No one cared about Glenville or Massillon when they had “down” years.

Bingo.

Very well said. Was Zwick homegrown? All I remember was at work this MASS1LLON guy was bragging about him and he's going to OSU. We all know how that turned out, don't we. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Yes he went to Ohio St and played football and got a degree that was paid for. Guess it turned out pretty good for Justin.
Meanwhile you are a chef at Burger King and trolling a high school football team.

Yes he went to Ohio St and played football and got a degree that was paid for. Guess it turned out pretty good for Justin.
Meanwhile you are a chef at Burger King and trolling a high school football team.
He started and split time with a kid from Glenville. Both were excellent high school QBs and were productive at OSU and you nailed it, Zwick received a free education, something everyone on this site can appreciate.

He started and split time with a kid from Glenville. Both were excellent high school QBs and were productive at OSU and you nailed it, Zwick received a free education, something everyone on this site can appreciate.
He didn’t split time with Smith, he started the first 6 games and then got injured. Then he came back and started the bowl game when Smith was suspended.

He didn’t split time with Smith, he started the first 6 games and then got injured. Then he came back and started the bowl game when Smith was suspended.
Smh at JT for not seeing Troy was the better QB, he made the same mistake St. Edward made but was saved by Zwick getting hurt and not playing lights out in the Bowl game.

As would I. Avon is closed enrollment with a stud D1 running back from Clyde that came to Avon as a high school student. No one cared about Glenville or Massillon when they had “down” years.
To clarify, he transferred to Avon in junior high. But people move into new towns all the time, including Avon. Being closed enrollment just means they don’t accept any students who don’t live in the school district.

I just wish Kent State would offer Daone or Poochie for that matter. If I have to watch my alma mater go 2-10 every year I at least want a local kid at QB lol
Kent State has offered the Avon QB, but even if he played and they got by Hoban they would still get running clocked by Massillon 😉

To clarify, he transferred to Avon in junior high. But people move into new towns all the time, including Avon. Being closed enrollment just means they don’t accept any students who don’t live in the school district.
I hear you and I have no issues with where a kid is from or where he or she plays high school sports. It’s just ironic when people tout being closed enrollment and the best player on the football happens to be a move in coming in or just before high school. Again, it doesn’t bother me just funny.