DaOne Owens.......................

Stark County had three first team all-Ohio QBs. Owens was first team all-state for Division 2, Zurbrugg for Division 3, and Snyder for Division 4. Since the all-Stark County team, which includes all divisions, could only have two QBs on the first team, one of them had to be left out no matter what.
Nice try to defend the coaches but we all know they have their motives. They can have them but we have 🏆

He is not from Stark County. Also, Poochie was awesome.
He is absolutely from Stark County....ask the OHSAA.

Don't mind these trolls fellas, for years when we had a great player all we heard was, "yeah he won an award but so and so won what really matters....the championship trophy."

Guess what, Da One wouldn't trade that trophy for a crap spot on the all county team.

I will remember Owens for nearly spoiling the coaching debut of Twinsburg's Charles Saulter with 344 passing yards and five TDs...and a good friend of his paid my way in that night.

In 2001, Maurice Clarett won Mr. Football & USA Today Offensive Player of the Year, but had to split the Trumbull County POY with Hubbard’s Anthony Smith. In retrospect, Smith would go on to win two Super Bowl rings with the Pittsburgh Steelers & Green Bay Packers.

In 2001, Maurice Clarett won Mr. Football & USA Today Offensive Player of the Year, but had to split the Trumbull County POY with Hubbard’s Anthony Smith. In retrospect, Smith would go on to win two Super Bowl rings with the Pittsburgh Steelers & Green Bay Packers.
Yeah but this is a totally different situation. This is what we'd call a "Stark County thing."

Y'all lucky Smoove wasn't around to vaccinate that Stark COunty POY award, y'all! Wait, ummm, Smoove don't know why there is so much hate flyin' round up in here. Massillon win a title, poundin' people through the process, just like Smoove operationates, and people are upsettified that they QB not all-county, yet he is All-Ohio??? Hmmmm.......Get you heads out yo' rear ends, Massillon PEEPS!!!! Y'all won the smack down, the uppitty-up, the big-boppin' burrito, y'all!!!! Get a picture of that hardware and flaunt that thang!!!! Don't be tryin' to denuncificate and denouncify some other player's accomplishmentations.....As Smoove always do when there is a Concessionary Chickie that show mad respectification to Smoove and we go out on the town, "Let's go get it on!" Mad Props to Massillon. THAT was one bad-bootied defense y'all had, and while Smoove don't bow down to nones, well, unless Halle Berry would come up callin' out to Smoove (which has happenated before), then Smoove would definitely obligify whatever that fine thang would want, Smoove give the maddest props and accolades to Massillon for a well-done season.

Now QUIT THE pettiness, y'all, be like Smoove and just have kindness in yo tone, sweetness in yo words, and peace in yo hearts!! It is Christmas time, y'all, there lots of thangs to be grouchy and mean-spiritational about, but just try to be more like Smoove and be full of The Season and be grateful for FINALLY seeing Massillon win a 'ship on the field! Halle-Glory Berry, come find Smoove, Girl!!!! Smoove aims to Please!!! Smoove out

No offense to Poochie but Sandy Valley, Manchester, Fairless, Tuslaw etc....ain't exactly Valdosta, St.Ed etc....
True, but Poochie also didn't have the line or other supporting cast either. Not saying I think Poochie deserved it over DaOne. I never saw more than his highlights compared to 3 games and highlights of DaOne. Not sure who is actually better because of that.

This is fastly and I guess intentionally becoming a Massillon vs everyone thread. Never saw that before.

Congrats to everyone who made the All Ohio team in D2, especially the players from Massillon.

One thing that stood out to me as a Massillon fan, is that DaOne Owens made first team All Ohio, but he couldn't make first team All Stark County.
Makes one wonder about the voting for the all county teams, in Stark County, doesn't it?
Well, he was only in Stark CO for one year, but Ohio his whole life.

Stark County had three first team all-Ohio QBs. Owens was first team all-state for Division 2, Zurbrugg for Division 3, and Snyder for Division 4. Since the all-Stark County team, which includes all divisions, could only have two QBs on the first team, one of them had to be left out no matter what.
Nick petro was first team all Ohio qb as well for division 5

So a Massillon player should win it every year just based on being a bigger school and schedule then right? Okay homer.
No not at all but make it sense tho. Level of competition has to come into effect at some point in time. But it's funny tho because people like you don't see the hate our kids get because of were they play at an its totally bs. I can clearly see you are one of them as well