DaOne Owens.......................

Come on you know that for Massillon if the kid didn’t go to school here from K on then he is a transfer. 🤦🏻‍♂️😂
Was looking back at the middle school Hudl page and actually the Musleve kid that moved from Florida last year and is now at Northwest was actually a homegrown kid that literally moved back to Massillon lol yet everyone talked crap about him being another transfer

I just wish Kent State would offer Daone or Poochie for that matter. If I have to watch my alma mater go 2-10 every year I at least want a local kid at QB lol
This is a problem Kent and Akron both have...maybe the local kids don't have the "measurables," but whatever measuring tape they're using to bring 2-10 talent from other states is well broken given recent success (Sean Lewis years at Kent nonwithstanding)

Eric and Nancy lived on....I believe it was Stoner street in Massillon in the late '90s early '00s, so Perry must have recruited him first.

Trust me....it can be done, according to one moron Massillon recruited Robert Partridge 7 years before he was born.
To be fair, Stoner Avenue has people in both districts.

nobody thinks that its really weird to be talking about middle school rosters and addresses of families? or weird that old guys in varsity jackets have that information so quickly available?
Why would it be weird, Massillon is a small city of course people know where people live.
I can imagine a lot of people think it’s weird AF that someone like yourself is constantly posting about Massillon.
🐅🏆

nobody thinks that its really weird to be talking about middle school rosters and addresses of families? or weird that old guys in varsity jackets have that information so quickly available?
As weird as people who knew where Jason Hall lived when he was coaching here? Tom Stacy? You cracked on us when you people claimed that they didn't want to live in the city of Massillon....but you knew where they lived, right?

As weird as people who claim to know that DaOne Owens lived in Copley when he was attending school and playing football here?

As weird as people who hate Massillon yet set up camp on any Massillon thread?

Like when Devin Smith decided to play for Massillon....his dad went to Massillon and his uncles played for Massillon but we recruited him. Not long after is when Perry got the wrestler from California.... (or was it New York?) And their excuse was, "well his mom went to Perry."
I grew up with and my older brothers played with the Pringle family in the early 80’s, a few played football and basketball at Massillon.

In 11 games at Copley,
Passing
11-195-336=2594-580-13.3-235.8-17.7-24-2.2-10-74-94.0
Rushing
11-170-1406-8.3-127.8-90-7-17

In 15 games at Massillon
Passing
15 159.3 182 105 3 0.58 1566 18 60 104.4
Rushing
15 140 1377 75 1302 9.3 15 75 86.8

It's a little different. This shows Massillon didn't need him as much as Copley did.
Ahhh like I said different competition he still made an impact at Massillon and I also in the beginning of the season he was splitting time with slaughter

Was looking back at the middle school Hudl page and actually the Musleve kid that moved from Florida last year and is now at Northwest was actually a homegrown kid that literally moved back to Massillon lol yet everyone talked crap about him being another transfer
Let's not forget Perry QB was not a homegrown kid he was a Massillon kid oh yeah let's not forget Louisville QB was Massillon kid as well lol

This is solely to do with the fact you had two other QBs in Stark County in other divisions that were worthy of the recognition. There is no Massillon hate amongst the majority of the coaches in the county and certainly not against the kids if there is any animosity. Zurbrugg and Poochie both had amazing seasons and are as deserving, if not more. There have been numerous instances of players who were not all-county selections but all state selections because the county has a logjam in certain positions.

If nothing else, Massillon posts sure bring out the excitement. I would love if any place I was around had this much energy and enthusiasm both ways.

This is solely to do with the fact you had two other QBs in Stark County in other divisions that were worthy of the recognition. There is no Massillon hate amongst the majority of the coaches in the county and certainly not against the kids if there is any animosity. Zurbrugg and Poochie both had amazing seasons and are as deserving, if not more. There have been numerous instances of players who were not all-county selections but all state selections because the county has a logjam in certain positions.
Yes there is.

Yes there is.
No, there is not. The majority of coaches in the county have no issue with the team and coaches. The issue most people take with Massillon is the adult community members who live vicariously through the achievements of teenage kids, and the three ring circus they bring. Some coaches come to mind who have a strong disdain for Massillon, but certainly not the majority.

Can we please get back to talking about "THE" Mr. DaOne Owens? This generational athelet, who chose to make himself a better quarterback, athelet and man by coming to Massillon. This outstanding young man deserves nothing but the best in his life, that's why he came to Massillon. Moores program builds young boys into scholarly men , collegiate athletes, and future leaders of America 👦 💪 🏈 ❤️ 🐅 🏆 🇺🇸
" Poet warriors " if you will.
1000007040-01.jpeg

No, there is not. The majority of coaches in the county have no issue with the team and coaches. The issue most people take with Massillon is the adult community members who live vicariously through the achievements of teenage kids, and the three ring circus they bring. Some coaches come to mind who have a strong disdain for Massillon, but certainly not the majority.
What a bunch of crap. Yes, the Tigers have a rapid fanbase. Your description of the “adult community members” is “FedLeagueseque.” That’s what they say. We can’t help it that most other fanbases are rapidly declining in numbers. Hence, less support for “the achievements of teenage kids.”

Actually you are 100% wrong, ever sit in at an event where most if not all of the County coaches are there ?
The team and coaches didn’t make up the “Massillon against the world” motto this year just to create some made up motivation tactic.
It absolutely is the majority and has been that way for decades.

What a bunch of crap. Yes, the Tigers have a rapid fanbase. Your description of the “adult community members” is “FedLeagueseque.” That’s what they say. We can’t help it that most other fanbases are rapidly declining in numbers. Hence, less support for “the achievements of teenage kids.”

Funny huh? Trying to spin empty stadiums and lack of support for their kids, into having priorities in order. Wow congrats. 🙄