D2 Region 7 Final : Lake Vs Massillon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't Lake in the first finals at PBTS (1991 vs. Fostoria), when we first started hosting all 6 games? I remember Lee Owens was the game manager, running outside with a roll of general admission tickets because it was SRO and the state hadn't prepared to route the traffic properly and starting at 11, I believe, with downtown lunch traffic, it was a mess!

Last edited:
Yea there was a Pringle that played on the 77/78 team. That may be their uncle. Either way, allway gonna be Massillon boys. It's in the bloodlines.

Last edited:
I have been waiting since the 90's to see this matchup. This Tiger team may be a bit too much for Lake but to me it is great to see Lake have a great season as I always have adopted them as my 2nd favorite team.

Feel like Massillon 28-14 maybe 31-14. Prove me wrong Lake but I think this might be the best threat to winning a playoff title Massillon has had yet.

Last edited:
Wasn't there a Pringle on the Tigers years ago? I remember that name. Good Luck both teams.
It was Mark Pringle a '78 grad. His younger brother was Craig Pringle a '79 grad but I don't think Craig played for the Tigers, he was in my class.

Shock of the night: Lake brings more people.
😂😂
57762484-253C-478F-9D53-A1E7D0470DB9.jpeg

It was Mark Pringle a '78 grad. His younger brother was Craig Pringle a '79 grad but I don't think Craig played for the Tigers, he was in my class.
Unless there were 2 of them I graduated with Craig Pringle in 83 and he didn’t play but his younger brother Kevin transferred to Perry and played in 84 or 85.

I think Green should consider a series at some point if one was offered. If GlenOak ever dropped the Tigers, then maybe... It would certainly draw a big gate.

It looks as though the series with Louisville will continue for at least one more year, and I think its good to have a smaller school on the schedule during the break in league play. I like the Tallmadge series in Week 3 also because it was a rivalry game for decades. Green opens 2023 by hosting Dover, and I would guess 2024 will open at Dover.
Green-Dover is a nice match up.

Lake without their all county punter. Advantage Massillon. Maybe why Degeorge went for it on 4th and 21.

Another fumble gives the ball back to Lake to end the half. 9-0 Tigers. Lake gets the kickoff to start the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.