D2 Region 7 Final : Lake Vs Massillon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dorian Pringle is one of the best football players I’ve seen in a while. He’s very physical and tough to tackle when carrying the ball. He’s also an excellent blocker. Defensively he will knock you out of your cleats. He can do it on special teams as well he’s blocked a punt or two

Avon wins, it then plays the Hoban-Hudson winner (Region 5) in a Division II state semifinal, Friday, Nov. 25 at Parma Byers Field. In that scenario, the Lake-Massillon winner (Region 7) plays the Kings Mills Kings-Cincinnati Anderson winner (Region 8) at Historic Crew Stadium in Columbus.Toledo Central Catholic wins Region 6, that sets up the scenario where the Lake-Massillon winner plays the Hoban-Hudson winner in a state semi Nov. 25 at a site to be announced. Toledo Central Catholic would play the Kings-Anderson winner at Wapakoneta.

Welp guess we have no chance tmrw night. How could we possibly beat a team coached by the COY. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Yeah no way the almighty tigers could beat the all county blue streaks today. Lol no. No one is saying that. He might be a troll, but he is simply giving recognition where it’s due. The streaks came off of a .500 year and managed this. I’ve been a critic on DeGeorge and even I’ll eat my own crow, he deserves COY. Especially with how many injuries and obstacles they have had to overcome. He’s done a good job. Kudos to him. Go Streaks.

Yeah no way the almighty tigers could beat the all county blue streaks today. Lol no. No one is saying that. He might be a troll, but he is simply giving recognition where it’s due. The streaks came off of a .500 year and managed this. I’ve been a critic on DeGeorge and even I’ll eat my own crow, he deserves COY. Especially with how many injuries and obstacles they have had to overcome. He’s done a good job. Kudos to him. Go Streaks.

Agreed, and probably unanimous.

Hey if you have to eat some crow at least it's worth it right? ;) Just save some for senseless: "As I have said many times, DeGeorge is not a good coach." Hmmm. Ok.

Stadium report for today. 2 small construction sites for a sewer line on Pleasant Valley about the size of 1 city lot each. they are both on the eastbound side and should not affect traffic to the game, still the fastest route. Currently 30 degrees and windy only small bursts of light snow now and then.

Dorian Pringle is one of the best football players I’ve seen in a while. He’s very physical and tough to tackle when carrying the ball. He’s also an excellent blocker. Defensively he will knock you out of your cleats. He can do it on special teams as well he’s blocked a punt or two
Pringle to me is the best pure football player on the team in 2022. He has a nose for ball, and when in the backfield runs like a Mac Truck. Lake fans will like his style. Not saying they will be rooting for him, but his style is right down their ally! I’m curious to see the collisions between he and I can’t think of his name from Lake. It is going to be an epic display of wills! 2 powerful players that have non stop motors!

He had an unofficial vist to TN along with Hartson's official visit there. He can probably count on some pretty decent P5 interest coming his way ; )

Pringle to me is the best pure football player on the team in 2022. He has a nose for ball, and when in the backfield runs like a Mac Truck. Lake fans will like his style. Not saying they will be rooting for him, but his style is right down their ally! I’m curious to see the collisions between he and I can’t think of his name from Lake. It is going to be an epic display of wills! 2 powerful players that have non stop motors!

Fyi he only comes in on O on critical 3rd or 4th down short yardage plays. (38 carries on the year). But yes, when you see #34 come in it's a pretty safe bet to key on him cuz the whole world knows who is getting it. Both LB's (he and 33 Fair) lead team in tackles. He and Butler will be a good duel.

So, is there an expected donation or is it free?

You guys need to do a better job of synching stories.
actually talking in general nuts
If Massillon carried adults for free to the game they would do it expecting donations to be made to the program. Those donations woul dexceed selling tickets and a bus ride. You really don't know how the world works do you.
If it is for kids , good for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve watched exactly one Jackson game in my life and Massillon was playing in it.
Hey don't hate. The most crooked refs in the NFL would have been in awe at the points Massillon had to be spotted to beat the Polar Bears in their last game!

As far as this one... Massillon 27 Lake 6. Ugly weather game that stays close for a while but drifts away during the second half. My heart is with the Blue Streaks and I do think they could pull the upset but I'm guessing no. Whichever team wins I hope nabs the title. 24 years is a long time to go without a public school championship in Stark County. Best of luck to both.

Fyi he only comes in on O on critical 3rd or 4th down short yardage plays. (38 carries on the year). But yes, when you see #34 come in it's a pretty safe bet to key on him cuz the whole world knows who is getting it. Both LB's (he and 33 Fair) lead team in tackles. He and Butler will be a good duel.
That 2 back set is legit! I do not care what 2 backs are in it!

I agree. I never have a favorite player on the team, but I really enjoy watching that kid play the game. He makes his presence felt that’s for sure. I feel like he’s been kind of a secret/under the radar type of player due to some of the other kids that get a lot of attention, and deservedly so.

I just want to warn all the folks on here that are predicting a big win from Massillon. I’ve seen a lot from both teams and this isn’t even close to as lopsided as some of these fans seem to think it’s going to be. Lake is a REALLY good football team. Big, Physical, high energy, fast… fun to watch. If you are using McK as a gauge, you will be sorry. HS teams have those nights. Massillon fans should know all about that in some games throughout the last few years. I can’t wait for this matchup. Was hoping this decided the Region 7 representative in the Final Four.

I just want to warn all the folks on here that are predicting a big win from Massillon. I’ve seen a lot from both teams and this isn’t even close to as lopsided as some of these fans seem to think it’s going to be. Lake is a REALLY good football team. Big, Physical, high energy, fast… fun to watch. If you are using McK as a gauge, you will be sorry. HS teams have those nights. Massillon fans should know all about that in some games throughout the last few years. I can’t wait for this matchup. Was hoping this decided the Region 7 representative in the Final Four.
What Massillon games did you see in person ?

Status
Not open for further replies.