Critical Race Theory

But the right is using this as a much broader issue than CRT to avoid conversation on things like the treatment of slaves or the Tulsa massacre. There is also a difference between studying religion and actually preaching the religion or practicing the religion in school. The right wing media (especially the Tuckers) have you all hot and bothered about an issue that is not really that prevalent and the outcome is cancelling a teachers ability to teach or exercise free speech in their classroom.
What about teaching about the Union Soldiers that fought to free the slaves?
What about teaching that personal responsibility goes a long way in how successful or big of a failure you are?
What about teaching that government run schools have failed to prepare large amounts of people for being a productive member of society?
What about teaching the leftist buzzword(equality) and applying it to ALL, instead of teaching that every race is out to get each other?
What about getting rid of political activism in government schools(paid for by those who pay taxes), and teaching reading, writing, and math?
What about letting the parents teach their kids about social values they hold dear and instilling them in their children, which worked for generation after generation, and leave schools out of it?

By the way Happy and hubman here is an example of what I'm talking about.

Demonizing White students

I also find it interesting that when one gets in a conversation as we have here, the side promoting CRT almost verbatim keeps stating it's not being taught in schools and yet you keep seeing stories like the one I linked. As I've stated before, I truly believe there is a Progressive Think Tank that spits a new hot topic out almost monthly. The arguments for these Leftist ideas come out almost word for word from those who are supoprting it and pushing it.

I worked for a Fortune 100 company back in the 1990s and we would have at least one diversity seminar a year to try and build better racxial relationships. One session they had us attend I now see was the early stages of the CRT. They were actually telling us how bad we were for being white. That went over real well NOT! Even back then all it did was make the relationships between blacks and whites in the plant worse.
Like I said earlier, if people are teaching that, they are not teaching CRT. And I have no problem with that being stopped. But once again I do wonder if we are getting the whole story from the NY Post.

Every person on this board was raised in a school that taught our great achievements and our biggest disappointments. We've always had a good balance. That is the reason that so many are rightfully taking a stand against CRT because it has no intention of being balanced. It wants to taint everything with a racial element. It is not education. It is shameful propaganda.

There are still a large percentage of religious people in this country that understood that religion should not be in the classroom. Those that wanted religion in the classroom were free to go to a private school. This should be the same. If you want to indoctrinate kids into a far left idea, pay for their schooling with your own money.
The folks on this board have been fed a bunch of manure about what CRT really is, just like the big lie of the stolen election. All from the same sources.

"It's already mid-June, and "Republicans are celebrating their fun in the sun by melting down over yet another bulls--t made-up controversy," Samatha Bee said on Wednesday's Full Frontal. Outrage from stories on "Critical Race Theory" is "Fox's main source of income after ads for reverse mortgages and a life-sized theme park of Noah's Ark."

"While conservatives have recently appropriated critical race theory as a catch-all scare term for basically any conversation about teaching the history of race in America, the actual concept of it has been around for decades, and — big surprise — it's really not scandalous at all," Bee said. "The current debate and conservative hand-wringing about critical race theory started in 2019, when The New York Times published 'The 1619 Project,'" hurting "the feelings of one truly oppressed group," racist jerks."

"All this nonsensical outrage does have real consequences," Bee said. GOP state legislatures have passed or are considering laws limiting discussion of race in schools, but because Republicans can't be bothered to learn what critical race theory actually is, their bills are "so vague that teaching the Civil War, Trail of Tears, and even civil rights could be considered a violation,"

"Naturally, none of this has anything to really do with education, history, or saving the children," it's just the latest in a long series of "scare tactic wedge issues" Republicans have perfected for political gain over the past 50 years."

1623979966433.png

"Jungkunz, who has taught a class on CRT since 2004, described it as a way of understanding how racism shaped life in America, using examples from his personal life. Jungkunz, who is white, met his former wife, who is Black, in the late 1980s.

"We started to notice almost like this sociological difference," Jungkunz said. "I would be treated completely differently than she would be treated."

Hotel clerks would tell her they had no rooms were available, but he would be offered a key. Sometimes there would be a vacancy, but her rate would be higher than his.

"Hotels, rental car rates, teacher evaluations that mentioned the texture of her hair. That's how I knew white privilege was real," he said.

The civil rights movement purged "blatant racism" from the law, he said, but it didn't purge the beliefs that created "separate but equal" systems. That’s the focus of critical race theory.

For example, a few years ago major technology companies marketed their facial recognition software to police departments across the globe until researchers from Stanford and MIT found the error rates for people of color generally – and Black women in particular – alarmingly higher than their white male counterparts.

A test of Amazon's "Rekognition" software misidentified 28 members of Congress as criminals, including the late civil rights legend U.S. Rep. John Lewis.

Critical race theory, Jungkunz said, would ask the coders to go beyond fixing the software and discover why their programs had these biases to begin with."

"It's already mid-June, and "Republicans are celebrating their fun in the sun by melting down over yet another bulls--t made-up controversy," Samatha Bee said on Wednesday's Full Frontal. Outrage from stories on "Critical Race Theory" is "Fox's main source of income after ads for reverse mortgages and a life-sized theme park of Noah's Ark."

"While conservatives have recently appropriated critical race theory as a catch-all scare term for basically any conversation about teaching the history of race in America, the actual concept of it has been around for decades, and — big surprise — it's really not scandalous at all," Bee said. "The current debate and conservative hand-wringing about critical race theory started in 2019, when The New York Times published 'The 1619 Project,'" hurting "the feelings of one truly oppressed group," racist jerks."

"All this nonsensical outrage does have real consequences," Bee said. GOP state legislatures have passed or are considering laws limiting discussion of race in schools, but because Republicans can't be bothered to learn what critical race theory actually is, their bills are "so vague that teaching the Civil War, Trail of Tears, and even civil rights could be considered a violation,"

"Naturally, none of this has anything to really do with education, history, or saving the children," it's just the latest in a long series of "scare tactic wedge issues" Republicans have perfected for political gain over the past 50 years."
LMAO, Samantha Bee, the "comic" C'mon man....

Kurt Schlichter is an American treasure:

Everyone hates CRT, critical race theory, that bizarre, ridiculous, and morally illiterate hodge-podge of Marxist mumbo-jumbo blended with a healthy dose of the kind of racial hash that would make Democrat David Duke beam.

We conservatives should actually be glad about the left’s CRT fetish. After all, these dummies have handed us a giant Louisville Slugger to use to pummel them. The best part is that they are surprised we’re upset. Maybe they should get out more. Maybe they should meet some normal people. And it’s not just normal people of pallor who are on their last nerve. It’s all sorts of normal people - black, white, yellow, brown, whatever, united in their refusal to hate their neighbors in order to provide a short-term political edge to a pack of elite fools and scammers. It’s not merely that normal people understand that Balkanization leads to the Balkans, and that the Balkans are not a role model (I was there – trust me, you do not want a society where ethnicity is everything). It’s that normal people know that this is evil, that to judge one by the color of his skin instead of the content of his character is un-American and un-Judeo-Christian, and probably un-every other religion except Marxism.

I would add that it's not just the MSM panicking over our opposition to CRT - the democrat party and some Yappi posters are losing their s### over people telling them to shove CRT where the sun don't shine,

I'm starting to wonder whether some of this violence directed at white people isn't flowing from the teachings of CRT?

No word on whether Roberts will be charged with hate crimes or if a liberal lawyer will play the race and victim cards to get the charges reduced.

This shooting comes five days after the “random” killing of a grandmother by a black carjacker and the same day a white father was “randomly” murdered in front of his kids by a 17-year-old black male during a fake ATV purchase.

Quote: "Gov. Ron DeSantis is one of the leading hypocritical critics of Critical Race Theory in America. Hypocritical because he fully supports the teaching of Holocaust education in Florida's schools, while pushing to limit what is taught about American atrocities against Black people in the same schools.
Why?
Simply stated, it is far easier to point at 'them' (Nazis in Germany) and discuss their pernicious acts, than it is to point to Paw Paw, Me Maw, Uncle Bubba and the like who attended public lynchings of Black people and posed next to the charred, mutilated remains."--Chuck Hobbs, 6/15/21

1623981220132.png

1623981285585.png

I'm starting to wonder whether some of this violence directed at white people isn't flowing from the teachings of CRT?

No word on whether Roberts will be charged with hate crimes or if a liberal lawyer will play the race and victim cards to get the charges reduced.

This shooting comes five days after the “random” killing of a grandmother by a black carjacker and the same day a white father was “randomly” murdered in front of his kids by a 17-year-old black male during a fake ATV purchase.
Show me where any of them took a CRT class.

Show me where any of them took a CRT class.
One of the key concepts of CRT, that whites are responsible for the suffering and lack of achievement by African Americans, has been widely disseminated in the Black community. You don't need to take a class in CRT to be infected by it's poison. It permeates our culture. Do you think all Germans took a class in Nazism? The Nazis took control of the German culture and education system and the rest is history.

One of the key concepts of CRT, that whites are responsible for the suffering and lack of achievement by African Americans, has been widely disseminated in the Black community. You don't need to take a class in CRT to be infected by it's poison. It permeates our culture. Do you think all Germans took a class in Nazism? The Nazis took control of the German culture and education system and the rest is history.
That is not a concept of CRT. That's what Fox news says, but is no where in it's tenets.

That is not a concept of CRT. That's what Fox news says, but is no where in it's tenets.
I guess I should have said that CRT sees Western Civilization as being responsible for all that ails the world including racism. Of course Western Civilization was developed by a bunch of white males - so I'm not sure what the practical difference is.

I'm not buying it. There were all sorts of intellectuals who provided cover to Nazism, Stalinism and Communism. They actually made these ideologies of hate & destruction seem reasonable. They put a respectable face on what was evil incarnate. The world has been there and done that before and I would prefer stopping CRT before it can do the kind of damage those other racist & totalitarian ideologies wreaked on humanity.

What about teaching about the Union Soldiers that fought to free the slaves?
What about teaching that personal responsibility goes a long way in how successful or big of a failure you are?
What about teaching that government run schools have failed to prepare large amounts of people for being a productive member of society?
What about teaching the leftist buzzword(equality) and applying it to ALL, instead of teaching that every race is out to get each other?
What about getting rid of political activism in government schools(paid for by those who pay taxes), and teaching reading, writing, and math?
What about letting the parents teach their kids about social values they hold dear and instilling them in their children, which worked for generation after generation, and leave schools out of it?
common sense things...

Quote: "Gov. Ron DeSantis is one of the leading hypocritical critics of Critical Race Theory in America. Hypocritical because he fully supports the teaching of Holocaust education in Florida's schools, while pushing to limit what is taught about American atrocities against Black people in the same schools.
Why?
Simply stated, it is far easier to point at 'them' (Nazis in Germany) and discuss their pernicious acts, than it is to point to Paw Paw, Me Maw, Uncle Bubba and the like who attended public lynchings of Black people and posed next to the charred, mutilated remains."--Chuck Hobbs, 6/15/21

View attachment 18152

View attachment 18153
i see lots of democrats

Why?

View attachment 18152

View attachment 18153
who is Chuck Hobbs and why should i care in what he believes is the truth

The saddest part about this meme is that almost all white people are already doing this. They do know real history. They are pissed about racial injustice. They are empathetic. They do think critically. They are trying to do better than generations past.

What I think this "rebellious history teacher" is really saying is that they do want white people to feel "guilty" but they are too gutless to admit it.

Lastly, white supremacy is the new boogeyman. Most people don't know anyone like this except in the rare examples put on TV to try and paint all people the same way with a broadbrush. To put it into context, I haven't heard a white person outside of pop culture/movies/music use the N-word in decades. Not saying that people don't use it but the type of people that use that word are mostly isolated outside of the mainstream.

The saddest part about this meme is that almost all white people are already doing this. They do know real history. They are pissed about racial injustice. They are empathetic. They do think critically. They are trying to do better than generations past.

What I think this "rebellious history teacher" is really saying is that they do want white people to feel "guilty" but they are too gutless to admit it.

Lastly, white supremacy is the new boogeyman. Most people don't know anyone like this except in the rare examples put on TV to try and paint all people the same way with a broadbrush. To put it into context, I haven't heard a white person outside of pop culture/movies/music use the N-word in decades. Not saying that people don't use it but the type of people that use that word are mostly isolated outside of the mainstream.
Great points Yappi. The Race mongers are trying to make it sound like the few are the many and it's just not true. If anything, since Obama was elected I've seen more black on white hate than I've ever seen or heard in my whole life of white on black hate.