Concerts. 2021 and beyond.

This venue in Northeast Indiana has a wide array of artists throughout the year.

A lot of tribute acts which is OK if that is your thing. Emmylou Harris is a solid choice and worth seeing. What caught my eye though was that 1st week of September, Del McCoury, Sam Bush, Ricky Scaggs, and Marty Stuart are all big time Blue Grass names and I could also see some cross pollination between these acts during the week.

Dammit. I missed Tesla last weekend. I thought it was this summer.
See Stryper is coming in the fall. will have to look at that one.
.38 Special was in Troy recently but was busy and couldnt go, maybe will catch them up here.

I saw someone there, wont say whom to lose my man card, and I wonder if they have more than one venue up there because it sure was not this, and a reason why i hadnt looked up there very often.

This venue in Northeast Indiana has a wide array of artists throughout the year.

Although it does not show on the their website but I believe 38 special is at the Mercer County Fair Celina Ohio in August.

.38 Special was in Troy recently but was busy and couldnt go, maybe will catch them up here.

I saw someone there, wont say whom to lose my man card, and I wonder if they have more than one venue up there because it sure was not this, and a reason why i hadnt looked up there very often.
There is a smaller theater and a larger convention-type facility. I'm planning to see Jr. Brown and Asleep at the Wheel this May.

Ya missed a great concert!!!! .38 still sounds incredible!

You do know they are at the Mercer county fair?

Tom Keifer: Versailles @ BMI Event Center. 17 August.

Likely will check it out.

Saw him in January in Key West at RokislandFest, and my review was not that great. In his lower register he sounded good, but when he got to that signature Cinderella sound it just didnt work for me, but like I said at the time I am willing to give him another shot.

Trunk and others give him great reviews so maybe he just had a bad night. Give him credit, he had well documented voice issues and had procedures and worked hard to get back to where he is. When many are just running tracks he is actually singing.

Buddy told me he has some Freeies for Molly Hatchett in Van Wert I think this summer. Not a big fan, but may check that out as well.

Warrant/Firehouse/Bulletboys in June.
.38 Special in August.
Keifer in August.
Stryper this fall.

Maybe Kenny Chesney as well.

Year is starting to line up pretty good on the concert list.

Still waiting for ACDC to hopefully come back to the US. Trunk thinks they are going to see how well it goes in Europe before committing but we shall see.

Long Live Rock and Roll.

Wanted to vent here a little bit. I used to always go to regional band shows without a ticket on a last minute decision or the show was sold out and would never have trouble finding a scalped ticket. Now, with some local venues only selling digital tickets on apps like AXS, I couldn’t find a scalped ticket in the lot or near the entrance. Last night I went down to A&R Bar and…nothing. With no hard copy tickets sold, you'd have to transfer on the app and the app stopped taking them at 7:00 when the band didn’t go on until 9:00. Technically, the doors opened at 7:00 so that’s when the app stopped. It was very frustrating standing outside, vaguely hearing this band play inside that I really wanted to see, and having no way of getting a ticket. Has anyone else tried to scalp a digital ticket before and had luck with it?

Wanted to vent here a little bit. I used to always go to regional band shows without a ticket on a last minute decision or the show was sold out and would never have trouble finding a scalped ticket. Now, with some local venues only selling digital tickets on apps like AXS, I couldn’t find a scalped ticket in the lot or near the entrance. Last night I went down to A&R Bar and…nothing. With no hard copy tickets sold, you'd have to transfer on the app and the app stopped taking them at 7:00 when the band didn’t go on until 9:00. Technically, the doors opened at 7:00 so that’s when the app stopped. It was very frustrating standing outside, vaguely hearing this band play inside that I really wanted to see, and having no way of getting a ticket. Has anyone else tried to scalp a digital ticket before and had luck with it?
I have not tried. Best ove done is the Eddie Trunk method of watch...and wait...and buy few hours ahead.
Closest anything is ever gonna be is 75 miles so I make sure I have before I'd go.

Yea..paper ticket you can get a great deal up to and into the opener but I won't wait thatomg

I have not tried. Best ove done is the Eddie Trunk method of watch...and wait...and buy few hours ahead.
Closest anything is ever gonna be is 75 miles so I make sure I have before I'd go.

Yea..paper ticket you can get a great deal up to and into the opener but I won't wait thatomg

I forgot to mention that this show had been sold out for a couple months or I definitely would have ordered a ticket through the app ahead of time. I went down just hoping to get lucky, but didn’t fare well at all. The rain Friday probably didn’t help my chances. The venue being small meant it sold out pretty quickly too.

Not sure if it's any different with sports but I was able to buy tickets from a scalper outside of a Reds game last summer. Other than giving him cash the transaction was all digital.

Not sure if it's any different with sports but I was able to buy tickets from a scalper outside of a Reds game last summer. Other than giving him cash the transaction was all digital.
You sure rhey just didn't give you the ticket? I mean, it's the Reds who the hell wants to see them

CJ Snare, lead of Firehouae, dioed overnight.

He was expected to be back on tour this summer.

These guys ain't getting any younger..he was 64...so go see your favorite acts while ya can.

Believe they were to be at The Rose with warrant and bulletboys this summer.

Not a concert per se, but did catch the CMT's over the weekend. They generally do a good job in pushing out performance after performance and if you can get passed their attempts to cram certain acts down our throats it is generally entertaining.

The little big town and sugarland...did see they are promoting a tour now. Unsure if the CMTs were the kickoff of this or what.....
I always loved Nettles voice......and man when she came out her overpowered everyone else. Wow!

Tom Keifer: Versailles @ BMI Event Center. 17 August.

Likely will check it out.

Saw him in January in Key West at RokislandFest, and my review was not that great. In his lower register he sounded good, but when he got to that signature Cinderella sound it just didnt work for me, but like I said at the time I am willing to give him another shot.

Trunk and others give him great reviews so maybe he just had a bad night. Give him credit, he had well documented voice issues and had procedures and worked hard to get back to where he is. When many are just running tracks he is actually singing.

Buddy told me he has some Freeies for Molly Hatchett in Van Wert I think this summer. Not a big fan, but may check that out as well.

Warrant/Firehouse/Bulletboys in June.
.38 Special in August.
Keifer in August.
Stryper this fall.

Maybe Kenny Chesney as well.

Year is starting to line up pretty good on the concert list.

Still waiting for ACDC to hopefully come back to the US. Trunk thinks they are going to see how well it goes in Europe before committing but we shall see.

Long Live Rock and Roll.
Molly Hatchet would be a solid concert....And that's a great place to see a show!

CJ Snare, lead of Firehouae, dioed overnight.

He was expected to be back on tour this summer.

These guys ain't getting any younger..he was 64...so go see your favorite acts while ya can.

Believe they were to be at The Rose with warrant and bulletboys this summer.

Thanks for reminding me of The Rose. I check venues from time to time but I forgot about that place. I just ordered tickets to see Burton Cummings in September there. Should be great.

Chris Stapleton July 19th Should be good. Have great seats.

Ticket prices are ridiculous. I’m a fan of CS, but arena shows have gotten out of hand. $130-180 for second level is what I saw at a glance with the fees added. My plan is to stick to smaller acts at smaller venues and see 3-4 shows instead of one. Even the Avett Brothers this summer at KEMBA are $60 and I’d consider them mid level and not small. I may grab a couple Avett tix and take my son. Noah Kahan at Blossom $100+ face value going for $300 resale…F that. If Zach Bryan comes around not on a festival tour i might pay $100+, but I still consider him mid level.

Ticket prices are ridiculous. I’m a fan of CS, but arena shows have gotten out of hand. $130-180 for second level is what I saw at a glance with the fees added. My plan is to stick to smaller acts at smaller venues and see 3-4 shows instead of one. Even the Avett Brothers this summer at KEMBA are $60 and I’d consider them mid level and not small. I may grab a couple Avett tix and take my son. Noah Kahan at Blossom $100+ face value going for $300 resale…F that. If Zach Bryan comes around not on a festival tour i might pay $100+, but I still consider him mid level.
I saw Strait and Stapleton at the Shoe this summer and early on ticket prices were crazy. I bought mine the Wednesday before the show and got them for $60. But otherwise, you are correct. I've been a regular concert goer for the last 20+ years and prices have gotten out of control. You add in the BS fees that Ticketmaster wants to add and it just isn't worth it. There are very few acts, if any, out there I'm willing to pay $200-300 to see. I paid $140 for the Saturday pass for Bourbon and Beyond in Louisville, but only because Zach Bryan, Cody Jinks, and Whiskey Myers close out the night. I would pay to see any of them separately so $140 didn't seem bad for all three.

I saw Strait and Stapleton at the Shoe this summer and early on ticket prices were crazy. I bought mine the Wednesday before the show and got them for $60. But otherwise, you are correct. I've been a regular concert goer for the last 20+ years and prices have gotten out of control. You add in the BS fees that Ticketmaster wants to add and it just isn't worth it. There are very few acts, if any, out there I'm willing to pay $200-300 to see. I paid $140 for the Saturday pass for Bourbon and Beyond in Louisville, but only because Zach Bryan, Cody Jinks, and Whiskey Myers close out the night. I would pay to see any of them separately so $140 didn't seem bad for all three.
eddie trunk rule...wait till the last second!

Yall in SWO...check out https://www.bmieventcenter.com/ as they have some good old acts as well.

Their service fee was like 2 bucks last year!!!!

I was just told by someone in my pool league that they did that for the Buckeye Country Superfest in prior years, waiting until the last minute and getting a cheap ticket. Do you just do that through the regular ticket provider like Ticketmaster? Do they regularly eventually lower prices when they think the remaining tickets will go unsold?

I was just told by someone in my pool league that they did that for the Buckeye Country Superfest in prior years, waiting until the last minute and getting a cheap ticket. Do you just do that through the regular ticket provider like Ticketmaster? Do they regularly eventually lower prices when they think the remaining tickets will go unsold?
I have seen TM lower them quite a bit as well.
Def Leppard, Alice Cooper and Motley Crue last fall was down to $20 on TM the day of the show and that was after giving thousands away on a couple of veteran/police organizations.

The secondary markets.......in listening to eddie trunk he fully believes that at times those secondary markets like vividseats, etc, are in kahoots with the artists/promoters and get a kickback of the additional prices they charge.
Makes sense..think of it..how do so many tickets at launch are on those secondary markets, at the same prices at a huge mark up if the promoter/artists arent in on it as an additional revenue stream?

His callers OFTEN call it about their successes in this from TM, the venue, and secondary markets

Not fool proof...but happens often!

That's what I did for Strait and Stapleton. The year before, I went to the Superfest to see Luke Combs, Cody Jinks and Zach Bryan and I bought the tickets early the day before they went on sale to the general public because I had signed up for a Cody Jinks fan page. I spent around $80 a ticket but we were in the lower bowl of the Shoe so they were better seats. We were in the nose bleeds for Strait and Stapleton, but I actually thought the sound was a little better up there. They announced a record crowd at Strait and Stapleton and there were still a lot of seats available in the upper sections. I bought tickets off Ticketmaster to see Cody Jinks at NKU last year on the day of the show for $15, they were priced at $60 two weeks earlier.