Concerts. 2021 and beyond.

Live Nation still has their $25, no fees, ticket sale going on if there is any interest out there:

Ends tomorrow, 5/10.

Billy Strings continues to kill it on the road and is by the hottest ticket in live music, anyone got a line for the sold out show at the Rose on 6/15? He played a residency at the Ryman the past 3 days with Les Claypool, Bob Weir, Ronnie McCoury, and Marty Stuart joining at times and all helping bring the run to a close>

Last edited:
Covelli Centre Youngstown

July 22
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Marshal Tucker Band

September 17
Judas Priest
Saw this show in Cincy at Riverbend this past fall and Marshall Tucker Band was really bad. Mostly a bunch of younger guys playing the music, while a few of the originals do a little picking and less singing. Maybe you'll get something better out of them. Skynyrd is always enjoyable.

Just bought some second hand tickets to see Garth this Friday at Paul Brown Stadium. Got floor seats about 30 rows back for $100 each. Should be a great show from what I've heard.

Just bought some second hand tickets to see Garth this Friday at Paul Brown Stadium. Got floor seats about 30 rows back for $100 each. Should be a great show from what I've heard.
Not a fan of the music but I give the guy credit for putting on a great show.

Got free Garth tickets last Saturday in Notre Dame.

He puts on a great show, seen him a few times. The Saturday show at PBS has been long sold pretty much out. They added the Friday show and it has not sold very well at all. They are only doing the lower bowl and as of few days ago that was only at about 25% sold!

FINALLY got to see KISS last night. 4th attempt of this show and WOW......they know how to put on a show. The opening...>EPIC.

He puts on a great show, seen him a few times. The Saturday show at PBS has been long sold pretty much out. They added the Friday show and it has not sold very well at all. They are only doing the lower bowl and as of few days ago that was only at about 25% sold!

FINALLY got to see KISS last night. 4th attempt of this show and WOW......they know how to put on a show. The opening...>EPIC.
Sounds perfect for seeing the show and getting in and out of the city at a decent pace lol.

I saw Houndmouth last night at Madison Theater in Covington. Good show, but wow was it hot in there...had to be in the 90s. One lady passed out. Probably a bad mix of heat and liquor.

My next show will be CAAMP here in Columbus and then American Aquarium, likely another unknown band here on Yappi.

This was dead on, but he still killed it. Never been a huge fan of his music outside of a couple of songs, but I would definitely see one of his shows again. Outstanding entertainer.

This was dead on, but he still killed it. Never been a huge fan of his music outside of a couple of songs, but I would definitely see one of his shows again. Outstanding entertainer.
He puts on a great show, no doubt. If I hadnt gone to Kiss the night before and saw him at ND last week I woulda went because of how small the crowd was gonna be.

I saw Houndmouth Saturday night at Madison Theater in Covington. Good show, but wow was it hot in there...had to be in the 90s. One lady passed out. Probably a bad mix of heat and liquor.

My next show will be CAAMP here in Columbus and then American Aquarium, likely another unknown band here on Yappi.

My 43 year quest to see The Who ended last night with the concert in Cincinnati. I had first tried to see them in 1979 and camped out in a mall lobby to buy tickets several months earlier. As the date approached my family experienced an emergency which caused me to miss the concert. I gave the tickets to a friend who got there late and had no trouble getting in, but wondered about the shoes scattered around the plaza. Fortunately he and his sister were safe and they did not find out about the deaths until they got home and were met by a frantic mother.

Two years ago I was gifted tickets to the show that was to be held at NKU. That of course was cancelled due to COVID. When I was gifted two tickets to this yesterday's show, I became worried that something like WWIII would break out just because I had tickets to the show. Fortunately, that did not happen and the show went on.

I was surprised at how well they performed, now in their 70's. Actually yesterday was Peter Townshends' 77th birthday. Peter still had most of his licks intact and even jumped several times as he played, leaving me in fear that he would break a hip. Daultrey's voice is also surprisingly intact and was quite powerful. They were joined by a drummer who has the potential to be as good as Keith Moon was. The young drummer's name is Zak Starkey, the son of Ringo Star.

The way they handled to 1979 concert tragedy was actually quite dignified and emotional. The name of the 11 who died scrolled around the stadium during most of the show. The warm-up band was a local Cincinnati band from the Finneytown neighborhood, the members of which had lost three friends during the tragedy. As Finneytown was the neighborhood most impacted by the tragedy, the band included two Finneytown High School musicians in the backing orchestra and the school chorus backed the band during "Rain on Me", while pictures of the deceased were displayed on the big screen. It was announced that The Who was donating their performance in support of a memorial fund for the the deceased as well.

This was not The Who at their prime but it was close enough to still be entertaining. I was hoping to see an amp pushed over or a guitar smashed as they closed the show, but, alas, those days are behind us.

Great show, I was glad I was there, even though it took me 43 years to get there.

Last edited:
My 43 year quest to see The Who ended last night with the concert in Cincinnati. I had first tried to see them in 1979 and camped out in a mall lobby to buy tickets several months earlier. As the date approached my family experienced an emergency which caused me to miss the concert. I gave the tickets to a friend who got there late and had no trouble getting in, but wondered about the shoes scattered around the plaza. Fortunately he and his sister were safe and they did not find out about the deaths until they got home and were met by a frantic mother.

Two years ago I was gifted tickets to the show that was to be held at NKU. That of course was cancelled due to COVID. When I was gifted two tickets to this yesterday's show, I became worried that something like WWIII would break out just because I had tickets to the show. Fortunately, that did not happen and the show went on.

I was surprised at how well they performed, now in their 70's. Actually yesterday was Peter Townshends' 77th birthday. Peter still had most of his licks intact and even jumped several times as he played, leaving me in fear that he would break a hip. Daultrey's voice is also surprisingly intact and was quite powerful. They were joined by a drummer who has the potential to be as good as Keith Moon was. The young drummer's name is Zak Starkey, the son of Ringo Star.

The way they handled to 1979 concert tragedy was actually quite dignified and emotional. The name of the 11 who died scrolled around the stadium during most of the show. The warm-up band was a local Cincinnati band from the Finneytown neighborhood, the members of which had lost three friends during the tragedy. As Finneytown was the neighborhood most impacted by the tragedy, the band included two Finneytown High School musicians in the backing orchestra and the school chorus backed the band during "Rain on Me", while pictures of the deceased were displayed on the big screen. It was announced that The Who was donating their performance in support of a memorial fund for the the deceased as well.

This was not The Who at their prime but it was close enough to still be entertaining. I was hoping to see an amp pushed over or a guitar smashed as they closed the show, but, alas, those days are behind us.

Great show, I was glad I was there, even though it took me 43 years to get there.
So I saw the Who just before covid and gave it a B-. On the positives the set list was very strong and the quality of the stage show and lights were solid. But something just seemed missing for me, notably the exuberance of a band with only 4 guys making that much sound. I get that they are now over '70 but do they really need a cast of 6ish additional rock instruments plus an orchestra to convey their live sound? This is actually Roger's vision and many critics are calling this a Daltry solo tour. I would rather see them strip down some and tackle the tunes in a new way or more mature sound. Don't get me wrong, I don't want an unplugged type set but how about being able to hear a Who song live that isn't cluttered up by a committee of musicians?

I have a couple live regrets and one of mine is not seeing the Who in their 4 piece glory with Moon behind the drum kit. Talk about energy.

I saw Houndmouth Saturday night at Madison Theater in Covington. Good show, but wow was it hot in there...had to be in the 90s. One lady passed out. Probably a bad mix of heat and liquor.

Big fan of American Aquarium, one of the bands on my list to see when I catch them local. Their album Lamentations produced by Shooter Jennings was one of my favorites of 2020.

So I saw the Who just before covid and gave it a B-. On the positives the set list was very strong and the quality of the stage show and lights were solid. But something just seemed missing for me, notably the exuberance of a band with only 4 guys making that much sound. I get that they are now over '70 but do they really need a cast of 6ish additional rock instruments plus an orchestra to convey their live sound? This is actually Roger's vision and many critics are calling this a Daltry solo tour. I would rather see them strip down some and tackle the tunes in a new way or more mature sound. Don't get me wrong, I don't want an unplugged type set but how about being able to hear a Who song live that isn't cluttered up by a committee of musicians?

I have a couple live regrets and one of mine is not seeing the Who in their 4 piece glory with Moon behind the drum kit. Talk about energy.
In deed, I share your regret, however, I do think the orchestra served them well on the Tommy and Quadrophinia numbers, we are talking "rock operas" after all. They did leave the stage when not performing from those albums. Some of the early stuff would have been nice to hear, although I understand that My Generation has not been in their set list for decades and it certainly would not have been appropriate in Cincinnati given the history (hope I die before I get old). Yes, I would like to have seen Townshend play with complete abandon, but, we have to give Father Time his due. It is a bargain we have all made and it certainly beats the alternative. Starkey is not Moon, but he is pretty darn good.

Bruce just announces the Euro dates minus England (Mostly Stadiums):

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band 2023 Tour Dates
April 28 – Barcelona, Spain @ Estadi Olímpic
May 5 – Dublin, Ireland @ RDS Arena
May 7 – Dublin, Ireland @ RDS Arena
May 13 – Paris, France @ La Défense Arena
May 18 – Ferrara, Italy @ Parco Urbano G. Bassani
May 21 – Rome, Italy @ Circo Massimo
May 25 – Amsterdam, The Netherlands @ Johan Cruijff ArenA
June 11 – Landgraaf, The Netherlands @ Megaland
June 13 – Zurich, Switzerland @ Stadion Letzigrund
June 21 – Düsseldorf, Germany @ Merkur Spiel Arena
June 24 – Gothenburg, Sweden @ Ullevi Stadium
June 26 – Gothenburg, Sweden @ Ullevi Stadium
June 30 – Oslo, Norway @ Voldsløkka Stadion
July 11 – Copenhagen, Denmark @ Parken Stadium
July 13 – Copenhagen, Denmark @ Parken Stadium
July 15 – Hamburg, Germany @ Volksparkstadion
July 18 – Vienna, Austria @ Ernst Happel Stadion
July 23 – Munich, Germany @ Olympiastadion
July 25 – Monza, Italy @ Prato della Gerascia, Autodromo di Monza

Rumors are that he will play North America arenas in smaller markets and southern stadiums in February & March and then back again in the summer to play multiple night runs in stadiums for bigger markets like NYC, Boston, Chicago, LA. It will be interesting to see how this does when in all likely hood we will be either in a recession or just coming out of one. But then again that working class hero act is gone and he is now the voice of rich aging hipsters living on the coasts.

Going to catch Leonid and Friends at the Ludlow Garage on June 3rd.

If you like classic Chicago, consider checking them out... really good muscianship

Going to catch Leonid and Friends at the Ludlow Garage on June 3rd.

If you like classic Chicago, consider checking them out... really good muscianship
These are the crazy Russians, guy playing lead guitar thinks he is Terry Kath reincarnated. The musicianship is strong but doesn't find new places; vocally they really miss the mark though. I assume they are anti-Putin/War to be on tour in the US.

I just saw Mt. Joy will be in Columbus next month at the PromoWest LC Express KEMBA Live! Pavilion in Columbus. I’m 100% going to that.

Cool story that the above post about giving away tickets made me recall. I think it was 1999 or 2000 that I won, from QFM 96, two front row tickets to Neil Young at the Polaris Amp on the same day I was packing to go out of town for a wedding. I went and picked them up anyway and gave them to my friend for some money and a giant bud plus some comped drinks at Bethel B-Dubs. I’ve never had front row seats to an artist or band of that caliber. I used to regret that every time I heard Neil Young, but I’d skip him these days because he’s one of the super idiot Libs that make my skin crawl.

Toughed through the rain and saw Smashing Pumpkins last night in Newport, KY. My ears are still buzzing. These guys are absolute pros and still 100% engaged in delivering a booming show in spite of the years they've put in. 10/10. They have a show tonight in Columbus and you should go if you're in the area and your evening is free.

The opener, AIER (?), I understand is from Columbus. They're like if you time traveled a Seattle band from 1994, all the way down to the flannel.

I just saw Mt. Joy will be in Columbus next month at the PromoWest LC Express KEMBA Live! Pavilion in Columbus. I’m 100% going to that.

Cool story that the above post about giving away tickets made me recall. I think it was 1999 or 2000 that I won, from QFM 96, two front row tickets to Neil Young at the Polaris Amp on the same day I was packing to go out of town for a wedding. I went and picked them up anyway and gave them to my friend for some money and a giant bud plus some comped drinks at Bethel B-Dubs. I’ve never had front row seats to an artist or band of that caliber. I used to regret that every time I heard Neil Young, but I’d skip him these days because he’s one of the super idiot Libs that make my skin crawl.

I'd go.................but only if Like A Hurricane was on the set list.

Speaking of idiots, I just saw Mt. Joy is requiring proof of vaccine at the Columbus show, superseding the venue requirement. F you Mt. Joy! I hope you kill your drummer like Dave Grohl did.

The Stones opened their 60th anniversary tour in Spain and the big news is they had the live debut of Out of Time which was featured in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Tune was released in 1966 and has a live debut in 2022, incredible in my book.

These are the crazy Russians, guy playing lead guitar thinks he is Terry Kath reincarnated. The musicianship is strong but doesn't find new places; vocally they really miss the mark though. I assume they are anti-Putin/War to be on tour in the US.
Concert was great! They played a bit less Chicago and more from other artists and I think it was better. Their original group was better on vocals and with some losses/replacements (especially Sergey Kashirin IMO), it's gotten worse. No politics at all really, just a shout out for prayers for their tenor Serge Tiagniryadno who is in Ukraine.