CHL Football 2021

Taylor with a big win, no surprise really

Wyoming wins big, surprised it wasn't by more honestly

Deer Park kept it close for awhile, but Indian Hill pulls away

Mariemont can't score without a QB, will probably lose again to Taylor next week

went to wyoming game. wyoming had back ups in after first quarter. it was like 35 to nothin and running clock. didnt think you could do that in first half but i havent seen many games this year. feel bad for fineytown.

I think if both coaches agree to it they can have a running clock in the 1st half. There will be several first round playoff games like this.

Last edited:
Reading Bounces back and plays much better against Mariemont. Mariemont's offense only scores one td. Two really good rb's in Conner and Tepe. Game ball goes to Reading #9 Brooks. Long kick off return and an int set up two td's for Reading.

Reading Bounces back and plays much better against Mariemont. Mariemont's offense only scores one td. Two really good rb's in Conner and Tepe. Game ball goes to Reading #9 Brooks. Long kick off return and an int set up two td's for Reading.
I am a firm believer that if you were to put Tepe or Conner behind Wyoming's offensive line, they would put up numbers similar to CJ Hester. Not a knock on Hester, but I think those guys are on the same level and just lack the size on the O-line to open up the same type of holes.

Hard not to be impressed with Reading though. They have a solid QB who doesn't turn it over, good backs, and some creative play calls too.

I am a firm believer that if you were to put Tepe or Conner behind Wyoming's offensive line, they would put up numbers similar to CJ Hester. Not a knock on Hester, but I think those guys are on the same level and just lack the size on the O-line to open up the same type of holes.

Hard not to be impressed with Reading though. They have a solid QB who doesn't turn it over, good backs, and some creative play calls too.
worse take of the year. not close. they line not even big and he run against stacked boxes.

worse take of the year. not close. they line not even big and he run against stacked boxes.
"worse take of the year"

A little dramatic. CJ Hester is the best back in the league, but it's not crazy to say that Tepe and Conner or Peek could put up similar numbers if they were on a superior Wyoming team. Let's look at the top 5 guys in carries by yards per carry:

Hester - 6.9 y/c
Peek - 6.3 y/c
Jones - Royalty - 5.5 y/c
Tepe - 6.9 y/c
Conner - 6.5 y/c

Put these guys on Wyoming, give them 35 carries a game and you're going to see some high totals too.

Last edited:
Wyoming is the only CHL team that has locked in a Week 11 home game.

The Reading-Taylor and IH-Mariemont games will have heavy implications on which of those respective teams will earn play-off home games in R16 and R20 respectively.

Deer Park will likely clinch a R24 road game if they beat Finneytown as expected, who in turn will miss out on the play-offs for a 17th consecutive season.

Madeira (currently 15th) will be a close call for qualifying in R20 if they lose to Wyoming. Carlisle in 16th appears to be a slight favorite over their final opponent, Waynesville, and would jump Madeira with a win. I'm less sure about whether Meadowdale would jump Madeira as well if they beat Ponitz Tech. Meadowdale would have the edge in L1 points but still considerably less L2 points.

Week 10 Pick Em

Finneytown at Deer Park. Deer Park big. Finneytown being Finneytown.
Reading at Indian Hill. Game of the Week. Two balanced offenses hitting stride. Big implications for both.
Mariemont at Taylor. If Mariemont QB back, this might be Game of Week. Taylor win gets a home game in playoffs.
Madeira at Wyoming. Wyoming big in dominant fashion and runs it up with the Stewart-Hancock rivalry.

"worse take of the year"

A little dramatic. CJ Hester is the best back in the league, but it's not crazy to say that Tepe and Conner or Peek could put up similar numbers if they were on a superior Wyoming team. Let's look at the top 5 guys in carries by yards per carry:

Hester - 6.9 y/c
Peek - 6.3 y/c
Jones - Royalty - 5.5 y/c
Tepe - 6.9 y/c
Conner - 6.5 y/c

Put these guys on Wyoming, give them 35 carries a game and you're going to see some high totals too.
Future opponents need to study Finneytown's gameplan on WYO/Hester. Held him to just over 100 yards. Best defensive performance of the year by that metric. Hats off to FT.

Week 10 Pick Em

Reading at Indian Hill. Game of the Week. Two balanced offenses hitting stride. Big implications for both.
Mariemont at Taylor. If Mariemont QB back, this might be Game of Week. Taylor win gets a home game in playoffs.
Madeira at Wyoming. Wyoming big in dominant fashion and runs it up with the Stewart-Hancock rivalry.
Does the Mariemont QB have a chance of returning or is he out the year?

Exactly. Wyoming's offensive line is not that big at all and their starting left tackle blew his knee out in week 3. He faces 8 and 9 man fronts every week. I'm sure those other running back are nice players, but there's no way they would be close to 1800 + yards. That's ELITE company, currently 2nd in the state and top 10 nationally per Max Preps.

Not sure if you've seen Wyomings O-line, but to my knowledge they have no Division 1 recruits on tgat line. Also, every team other than 1 has been bigger than Wyoming up front. Take into consideration that Hester runs against stacked boxes and 8 man fronts week in and week out designed to stop him, and so far no one has! C.J. Hester is extremely strong for his size (He squats over 500 pounds on the regular). You may want to check out his "yards after contact" to see what I'm talking about. (You can see it on his huddle page). I've watched both Tepe and Conner. Both are very good players. Neither one is a C.J. Hester. He is a special talent! IJS!

Looks like CJ Hester is going to go for 2000 yards rushing this year, pretty impressive. Could top Hunter Gillespie's 2038 yards from 2015. Although CJ Hester has already carried the ball more times through 8 games than Gillespie did through 10 games. Interested to see what Hester's senior year will look like.
FYI. C.J. Hester would have gone for over 2000 yards in the Finneytown game alone. He scored 4 touchdowns in the first quarter and didn't play after that.

Last edited:
LOL...Hester only had 11 carries.
Not sure if you've seen Wyomings O-line, but to my knowledge they have no Division 1 recruits on tgat line. Also, every team other than 1 has been bigger than Wyoming up front. Take into consideration that Hester runs against stacked boxes and 8 man fronts week in and week out designed to stop him, and so far no one has! C.J. Hester is extremely strong for his size (He squats over 500 pounds on the regular). You may want to check out his "yards after contact" to see what I'm talking about. (You can see it on his huddle page). I've watched both Tepe and Conner. Both are very good players. Neither one is a C.J. Hester. He is a special talent! IJS!
You sound like his agent. ?

Future opponents need to study Finneytown's gameplan on WYO/Hester. Held him to just over 100 yards. Best defensive performance of the year by that metric. Hats off to FT.
Hester had 4 touchdowns in the first quarter and didn't play after that. Teams probably shouldn't follow that game plan. Lol.

Week 10 Pick Em

madeira deserves it.