5. Notre Dame
12. BYU

6. Baylor (Big XII Champ)
11. Pitt (ACC Champ)

7. Ohio State
10. Utah (PAC 12 Champ)

8. Ole Miss
9. Oklahoma State
That would be a brutal draw for Michigan, having to go through Ohio State, UGA and Bama back to back to back.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

Would've been great:

1. Alabama
2. Michigan
3. Georgia
4. Cincinnati

5. Notre Dame
12. BYU

6. Baylor (Big XII Champ)
11. Pitt (ACC Champ)

7. Ohio State
10. Utah (PAC 12 Champ)

8. Ole Miss
9. Oklahoma State
Not really, the end result is still going to be Bama v UGA

That’s way too many. You really want trash teams like Iowa and Wake making the playoff? No thanks. Eight is the right number — with no auto bids.

I’ve always wanted to get rid of Conference Title games.

Why do you say no auto bids? Agree we only need 8.
Because I want the eight best teams, not Pitt and Utah or any other unworthy conference champ who’s clearly not a top 8 team.

AEW Champion: America’s Last Hope

As far as I can tell college football is the only sport in the world to not have a path to the postseason to begin the season for every team involved. Only a true waterhead would think that is a sign of a successfully run sport.

Iowa and Wake would not be in it.
Well, Iowa’s in the top 16 of the final rankings, so theoretically they would. Swap out Wake with Oregon, OU, etc. and the point still stands. Those teams are not good enough to deserve another mulligan and title shot. It was already proven on the field … multiple times.

AEW Champion is runnin’ the show

As far as I can tell college football is the only sport in the world to not have a path to the postseason to begin the season for every team involved. Only a true waterhead would think that is a sign of a successfully run sport.
They need to have the power conferences split off and have their own playoff, and let the mid-major conferences create their own playoff. That is coming down the pike, probably sooner than most people think.

Because I want the eight best teams, not Pitt and Utah or any other unworthy conference champ who’s clearly not a top 8 team.

AEW Champion: America’s Last Hope
Every team plays mostly within their conference, so you can't really know how good each conference is, unless you take their champ and let them play against the others.

Well, Iowa’s in the top 16 of the final rankings, so theoretically they would. Swap out Wake with Oregon, OU, etc. and the point still stands. Those teams are not good enough to deserve another mulligan and title shot. It was already proven on the field … multiple times.

AEW Champion is runnin’ the show
10 autobids plus 6 wild cards, not top 16 teams. Seed the top 6 conference champs and then use rankings for 7-16. Not hard.

They need to have the power conferences split off and have their own playoff, and let the mid-major conferences create their own playoff. That is coming down the pike, probably sooner than most people think.

Maybe so, but while they all play in the same division every team should be able to know what they have to do to make the playoffs. Just like every other sport has somehow figured out.

You can play 2 basketball games in a week, you can't do that with football. That is why basketball can have more teams.
The FBS should get together with whoever runs FCS, D2, and D3 to figure out how to run a playoff that consists of more than 4 teams.

The FBS should get together with whoever runs FCS, D2, and D3 to figure out how to run a playoff that consists of more than 4 teams.
Well I can tell you, D3 doesn't do a very good job either, based on your definition of needing to know what you need to do to get in.