CBC 2019. Who you got?

I think Shawnee more than likely would get in at 6-4 without beating any of those teams due to the nature of how Harbins are calculated. Being in D5, wins against Tipp, and assuming they beat them, NW and KR, will all deliver good value even if those teams only win 4-6 games. Tipp can go 4-6 and it will still deliver a Harbin haul since Tipp is D3 and is probably all but assured of having at least three wins against D2 teams.

Agreed beyond a doubt with the West Jeff poster. In junior high the current London sophomore and junior classes consistently pounded Whitehall, Columbus Academy, Grandview, Bexley, etc. by 50-60 points a game. I think the typical CBC poster strongly undervalues how good most of those schools usually are relative to Kenton Trail teams. London would have won this league last year, and they will probably win at least a share if not the outright title this year and the next two years. If you can't beat them this year, you'll probably get crushed by them the next two years.

Last edited:
i wish london would play west jeff in a non conference game. i’m am happy to see them playing Alder again! I also wish London would step up these next two years and play a Dublin or Hilliard school.

also any CBC teams need games next year? Greenon will have weeks 1 and 2 open and i’m interested to see who they schedule

Perhaps it's solely due to "tradition", but I think it's weird how London and Urbana are still playing each other week 1 as a non-league game as opposed to playing as a crossover game week 4 or week 5. The next 2-3 years of league schedules for football show the same crossover opponents as current. If that was flexed as a crossover game as it should be, London could be playing week 1 against a higher end D2/D3 central Ohio team, as they should be, and Urbana in their current state could be playing a much weaker opponent, as they should be.

Unless they're on the verge of dropping to D5, NW in their current state of pseudo playoff qualification competitiveness badly needs to dump those week 1 and week 2 games against Southeastern and Northeastern because they get next to nothing in terms of Harbins, and it gives them next to no room for error the rest of the way while doing nothing to prepare them for the 3-4 games on their schedule that really matter. Next year's probably not the ideal starting point for a non-conference series, but IMO there aren't any good reasons for NW and Greenon to not be playing a yearly series in that week 2 slot. They should be playing, every year.

Last edited:
What happened to the Greenon/Shawnee week 1 game next year? Considering Greenons OOC schedule this year, it would be beneficial if they schedule a DIV/DIII team next year.

Greenon should call the CBC schools and see if they have a week 2 opening. That would keep CBC rivalry going.

Gross is a good player but as far as the best in the CBC last year...not so sure about that. Proxmire was a beast and Glass was probably the best overall athlete and I assume that is why they were co-offensive POTY. Curious as to what looks or offers they are getting from colleges. Lemen and Dibert at KR are two kids I would put at the top of this list as well, just lacked supporting cast or KR would have been more than a 5-5 team. As far as defense, McDonald...WOW and I'm sure the O-Coords are glad he graduated. Absolutely no disrespect to Gross but last year he was a top five player. This year may be a different story.

Maybe you can talk about these guys being better athletes, but as a football player he has to be one of the best. Whenever he runs the ball it always takes more than one person to take him down. I remember a play against Wapak specifically, he spun off of a block of Evan Kaeck, who is the best player in the WBL, and without looking grabbed Wapakoneta’s quarterback with one hand and brung him down. He is the only reason that game wasn’t 42-0. He makes Bellefontaine twice the team they are and that’s incredible.

i wish london would play west jeff in a non conference game. i’m am happy to see them playing Alder again! I also wish London would step up these next two years and play a Dublin or Hilliard school.

WJ scrimmages London Varsity every year but I doubt you will see them play each other anytime soon unless it’s at the jr high, freshman or JV level. Same can be said for when they play Alder. Too many egos can’t handle a loss on the WJ side.

The gates $$ for these games you would think would help renew these rivalry’s.

Last edited:
BlackAttack - You are partically correct with your assessment of WJ-London-JA games. First of all, London Coach Cutler I believe was an assistant at WJ for a few years. The Cutlers (London & Bishop Ready head coaches) are very respected by WJ coaching staff and I don't think either party wants to play one another in the regular season (the WJ-Ready series ends this year). Secondly, London & JA are mid-size Div III programs and are simply out-growing WJ, a small Div V. JA will probably be Div II within the next 5 years or so - this will be a concern/challenge for CBC schools in the near future playing a much bigger & very competitive school. Finally, I'll admit WJ doesn't handle losing very well, especially to London & JA but neither do those schools handle losing to WJ very well either. WJ has only played JA 2 times since 2005 (both JA wins vs 4-6 WJ teams) but WJ has played London as recently as 2016. All time records vs London & JA since 1958: WJ 19-4 vs London and WJ 22-14 vs JA.

Greenon and Shawnee was a two year deal. i believe the Greenon and Shawnee coaches do not want to continue the series although i would love to see it. i agree with the northwestern thing. two terrible games for them. NW could play Greenon. i think that if Greenon played Shawnee and NW out of conference, it is really a gauntlet especially with the OHC north teams the following weeks

BlackAttack - You are partically correct with your assessment of WJ-London-JA games. First of all, London Coach Cutler I believe was an assistant at WJ for a few years. The Cutlers (London & Bishop Ready head coaches) are very respected by WJ coaching staff and I don't think either party wants to play one another in the regular season (the WJ-Ready series ends this year). Secondly, London & JA are mid-size Div III programs and are simply out-growing WJ, a small Div V. JA will probably be Div II within the next 5 years or so - this will be a concern/challenge for CBC schools in the near future playing a much bigger & very competitive school. Finally, I'll admit WJ doesn't handle losing very well, especially to London & JA but neither do those schools handle losing to WJ very well either. WJ has only played JA 2 times since 2005 (both JA wins vs 4-6 WJ teams) but WJ has played London as recently as 2016. All time records vs London & JA since 1958: WJ 19-4 vs London and WJ 22-14 vs JA.

what will CBC do when Alder presumably leaves for the OCC? invite Greenon back?

I know the whole story, been around this game for several decades and I'm a big fan of the Cutlers.

I'm not firing shots at WJ, I respect there program and the folks involved. I think there were some years where WJ probably would have beaten Alder prior to the renewal of the 2 year deal in 2015-16 games. It makes total sense to me why they aren't playing each other but if I'm strictly looking at the money aspect of it, its a no brainer to want to play each other no matter the size. I'm excited to see the Alder/London game back on again. I think Kyle has done a great job at getting London back to where it once was with Dobenmire. I am not surprised to see there resurgence with him at the helm. London has always had the athletes but not always the best leaders to keep guys out of trouble. London joined the SCOL back in 2011 and Alder didn't get in with them or they probably would still be playing on a regular basis up until they moved on the MSL. This should be a good rivalry for years to come. London appears to have the horses and could have the edge early on in the renewed series but it's good to see it will be settled on the field.

If JA goes to DII, that will be hell for the CBC.
what will CBC do when Alder presumably leaves for the OCC? invite Greenon back?
Great question. If I was Greenon, I would say no thanks. They are now in a great conference to get to the playoffs. But they need to schedule the first two weeks with bigger schools who they have a chance to beat (CBC schools).

If JA goes to DII, that will be hell for the

Great question. If I was Greenon, I would say no thanks. They are now in a great conference to get to the playoffs. But they need to schedule the first two weeks with bigger schools who they have a chance to beat (CBC schools).

i agree and as a Greenon fan i would ultimately say no to going back to the CBC, as i only miss the rivalries- but who would really be a better fit to replace Alder?

i agree and as a Greenon fan i would ultimately say no to going back to the CBC, as i only miss the rivalries- but who would really be a better fit to replace Alder?
Move North Union up in Kenton Trail and try to go after somebody in the OHC for the Mad River would be my first thought

I don't think Jonathan Alder leaving is really all that imminent. Based on enrollment right now they should be on the low end for D3 in football, and probably have a little under 750 in total enrollment. They have a lot of growing to still do before an OCC move becomes practical.

If that eventually happens, the most logical add IMO would be Bethel assuming that their long-term growth projections are relatively accurate. If for some reason someone else where to head out (i.e. North Union), my preference would be to stick at 10. I would prefer to not really reach outside of the current league footprint to maintain a 12 school setup.

Gross would have had better stats last year if he didn't get hurt and he was barely used in a couple of games. Pretty sure he was originally hurt in Ben Logan game and played hurt for a few games and finally had to shut it down because injury got worse week to week.

It will be interesting to see who ends up being the top dog this year. Proximire, Glass, Gross, Lemen I'm sure want to lay claim to offensive player of the year.

Jonathan Alder isn’t going to the got dang OCC. This has been latently discussed online since the mid 2000’s that they’d be in the OCC “five years from now.” The district has been growing over the years but it’s not a rapid growth and it will probably still be a D3 (albeit a big one) come 2025. The humorous truth I’ve heard from the locals is soon enough Plain City will actually be a city and not a village. But they’re not likely to be a D2 or at least a consistent D2 anytime soon. And they certainly won’t be in the OCC.

Gross would have had better stats last year if he didn't get hurt and he was barely used in a couple of games. Pretty sure he was originally hurt in Ben Logan game and played hurt for a few games and finally had to shut it down because injury got worse week to week.

It will be interesting to see who ends up being the top dog this year. Proximire, Glass, Gross, Lemen I'm sure want to lay claim to offensive player of the year.
Yea I believe he played hurt after that game and probably should have just shut it down but props to him sticking it out until he couldn’t go anymore. IMO He’s easily the best 2 way player in the league when you look at what he does on offense and defense. I haven’t been this excited to watch some of these games in the CBC for awhile.

I don't think Jonathan Alder leaving is really all that imminent. Based on enrollment right now they should be on the low end for D3 in football, and probably have a little under 750 in total enrollment. They have a lot of growing to still do before an OCC move becomes practical.

If that eventually happens, the most logical add IMO would be Bethel assuming that their long-term growth projections are relatively accurate. If for some reason someone else where to head out (i.e. North Union), my preference would be to stick at 10. I would prefer to not really reach outside of the current league footprint to maintain a 12 school setup.
Bethel is in the new TRC as of 2021. Not moving to the OHC.

i think there really aren’t any good options to replace CBC or OHC teams, thanks to the TRC. West Lib in the CBC would be fun but they won’t leave the tradition

Last edited:
Trying to replace schools that haven’t left yet. TRC filled a void.

THREE RIVERS CONFERENCE SCHOOLS
Milton Union
Covington
Miami East
Bethel
Lehman Catholic
Northridge
Troy Christian
Riverside
begin play in 21-22 season

another question i have is why is D5 Shawnee in the KT when D4 Northwestern, Urbana, Ben Logan, and Graham in the MR? my only logic is they are just more competitive and have always been there

1. They were D3 until a few years ago
2. Urbana demanded to be in the Madriver. Urbana has zero desire to play a tough schedule. Talking about dropping Bellefontaine in football again.

Urbana is a hot mess right now. I never thought I’d see Bellefontaine dominate Urbana the way they have in the last 3 meetings.