CBC 2019. Who you got?

thurdown, that is beyond a decent schedule, it is the toughest of any CBC Mad River school. I looked up their stats and outside of having 20 players, they have less than 400 yards total offense in three games and have only scored three TDs. Years ago, Urbana meets that schedule challenge and would go 3-1 or 3-2 but now... What is the issue, outside of the lack of players.

T
Urbana has a respectable schedule right now.
London, M’berg, Bellefontaine, Jon Alder, Shawnee. NU is always competitive. Just need BL and IL to get on track.
JMO, seems like a decent schedule for their area.
This goes beyond their schedule so stop making that excuse. So you think IL is going to be an easy win and get them back on track ?

Urbana has by far the toughest schedule of any of the MR division teams, and it's not even close. Indian Lake and Northwestern don't appear to be chumps by any means this year, and right now those two are probably the 7th and 8th best teams on Urbana's schedule. For the numbers and youth that Urbana has, that's brutal. They could get waxed by everyone they play with the exceptions of maybe Ben Logan and Graham.

Enrollment is not necessarily a good indicator of overall athletic talent. As noted a few times in this thread, I think a big part of Shawnee's enrollment drop is kids from their district opting to go to the Global Impact STEM Academy, which seems to now have a high school enrollment of at least 350 kids. Those students don't factor into Shawnee's athletic figures unless they opt to play sports for the Braves as the magnet school doesn't field athletics, and I'd imagine that the overwhelming majority of those students don't participate in athletics. The presence of the STEM school is skimming their enrollment, but I doubt it's having any impact on their athletic pool.

1. They were D3 until a few years ago
2. Urbana demanded to be in the Madriver. Urbana has zero desire to play a tough schedule. Talking about dropping Bellefontaine in football again.

Urbana was one of the six smallest schools when they drew up the divisions, so they should be in the Mad River. They even went to the KT Division for a year to balance out the league when by enrollment Graham should have been the one to move up.

And yes, Urbana should back off their schedule. It's a rebuild. This downswing in talent was long foreseen. Now it's imperative for Urbana to find some wins to build interest back in the program. Coach Contner has a track record of building numbers in his program. Hopefully everyone is patient and allows him to do that.

Urbana has by far the toughest schedule of any of the MR division teams, and it's not even close. Indian Lake and Northwestern don't appear to be chumps by any means this year, and right now those two are probably the 7th and 8th best teams on Urbana's schedule. For the numbers and youth that Urbana has, that's brutal. They could get waxed by everyone they play with the exceptions of maybe Ben Logan and Graham.

Enrollment is not necessarily a good indicator of overall athletic talent. As noted a few times in this thread, I think a big part of Shawnee's enrollment drop is kids from their district opting to go to the Global Impact STEM Academy, which seems to now have a high school enrollment of at least 350 kids. Those students don't factor into Shawnee's athletic figures unless they opt to play sports for the Braves as the magnet school doesn't field athletics, and I'd imagine that the overwhelming majority of those students don't participate in athletics. The presence of the STEM school is skimming their enrollment, but I doubt it's having any impact on their athletic pool.
Interesting. So, Shawnee could be a strong D3 playing D5 due to the stem school. Win-win for Shawnee.

Wow. That's how you took that? Each his own I guess. If you ever lived in the district or seen Shawnee, they are at best a DIV school. When they were DIII they were one or two students over. ROTFLMAO!

Shawnee would probably be solidly D4 without the STEM school. It definitely looks like a win-win in terms of football as they seem to have returned a lot from last year's playoff team while getting the luxuries of dropping to D5 still playing primarily D3 and D4 teams in the regular season.

Wow. That's how you took that? Each his own I guess. If you ever lived in the district or seen Shawnee, they are at best a DIV school. When they were DIII they were one or two students over. ROTFLMAO!
No, I don’t routinely go to Shawnee school district and count heads. I do know that for years they were D3. In 2015 they dropped to D4 and the latest they dropped to D5. Obviously my thinking they could be a D3 with the loss of students to STEM schools was not too unwarranted. Not sure why you feel it’s necessary to post like that. Please expound for me, genius.

No, I don’t routinely go to Shawnee school district and count heads. I do know that for years they were D3. In 2015 they dropped to D4 and the latest they dropped to D5. Obviously my thinking they could be a D3 with the loss of students to STEM schools was not too unwarranted. Not sure why you feel it’s necessary to post like that. Please expound for me, genius.
If you could read I mentioned when they were D3, they were only one or two over! Read and comprehend much, genius?

Shawnee up against NW 21-7 at the half. The Braves beat up NW up front for most of the first half.

NW seemed to be screwing around trying some different things to no successful effect for a while. The QB is holding the ball a bit too long, and has been way late on a couple passes that have been picked off. The one deep ball that he had on the money early was dropped for what probably would have been a score.

NW starting to get moving offensively their last few possessions. First possession of the second half they marched down the field before fumbling the ball out the side of the end zone for a touchback.

NW starting to get moving offensively their last few possessions. First possession of the second half they marched down the field before fumbling the ball out the side of the end zone for a touchback.

Big moment swing play. This just went from being 21-14 to being 27-7. Braves march down and score after the turnover.