Cavs 2023-24

“Cleveland could do far worse than hiring Kenny Atkinson. Often seen as the best assistant in the #NBA, did a fine job as head coach of the #Nets (where he developed current #Cavs Jarrett Allen and Caris LeVert) and will absolutely not be out worked by anybody. #gsw #cavaliers,” Brian Lewis of the New York Post posted.
I'm thinking...no. He did the same thing JB did, in leading a young rebuild...but he didn't do it as well. No thanks. What has he ever done that would lead anyone to believe he could take a team to the next level, when JB could not?

I was listening to somebody at lunch (his name escapes me) and he threw out about 4 names and said all of them were offensive-minded coaches. He mentioned Atkinson, a New Orleans asst, and JJ Redick (H-E-L-L No!). I did see a post on Twitter that Sacramento might not be happy with Mike Brown, lol.

I was listening to somebody at lunch (his name escapes me) and he threw out about 4 names and said all of them were offensive-minded coaches. He mentioned Atkinson, a New Orleans asst, and JJ Redick (H-E-L-L No!). I did see a post on Twitter that Sacramento might not be happy with Mike Brown, lol.
Yeah, all the names that keep getting mentioned are assistants. There are experienced coaches out there who have actually gone deep in the playoffs as head coaches.

Yeah, all the names that keep getting mentioned are assistants. There are experienced coaches out there who have actually gone deep in the playoffs as head coaches.
Atkinson was actually a head coach before with the Nets (I think they said he made the playoffs a few times but lost in the 1st round ). The Pelicans assistant also did a stint with Charlotte and was around .500

Atkinson was actually a head coach before with the Nets (I think they said he made the playoffs a few times but lost in the 1st round ). The Pelicans assistant also did a stint with Charlotte and was around .500
No. Atkinson's record as a HC stinks. Hard pass. Never has even gone to where JB has been.

No. Atkinson's record as a HC stinks. Hard pass. Never has even gone to where JB has been.
I would agree with you, no thanks. Gilbert likes to think outside the box a bit...Beilein...David Blatt...bring Mike Brown back for another stint. I don't think this is the time to get cute. You need experience and you need playoff success.

I would agree with you, no thanks. Gilbert likes to think outside the box a bit...Beilein...David Blatt...bring Mike Brown back for another stint. I don't think this is the time to get cute. You need experience and you need playoff success.
Scott Brooks, Brett Brown, Frank Vogel, Terry Stotts and Mark Jackson. That's my list.

ESPN's Brian Windhorst joined 800 ESPN Cleveland after the Bickerstaff news to explain why Cavaliers fans might be able to feel more confident about keeping Mitchell now. "The Cavs in part of their analysis here felt that, I think, keeping J.B. would not have been an asset in re-signing Donovan," Windhorst said. "But I also do not think that Donovan will want to be involved in the coaching search. It's a tricky thing to want."

If Mitchell resigns I feel really good about the next few years. Would feel even better about the inevitable trades if Koby wasnt making them I dont think hes received enough accountability

Chris Fedor put out another, largely crap, list of assistants on Cleveland.com. At least Vogel, Stotts and Scott Brooks were mentioned. I would take any of those three as long as they feel good about working with Mitchell and vice versa. I would probably get on Vogel quickly. I doubt he’s unemployed for long.

Allen took unwarranted hate because the Cavs refused to tell the truth. How can any player trust them?

Cavaliers center Jarrett Allen missed the final eight games of Cleveland's playoff run with a rib injury, but it was originally stated to be a contusion. As it turns out, it was bit more serious. Allen was actually dealing with a broken rib, as detailed by Cavs president of basketball operations Koby Altman Friday afternoon at the team's practice facility.

I think there are a few on here that should apologize for their take on him … but they won’t.

Allen took unwarranted hate because the Cavs refused to tell the truth. How can any player trust them?

Cavaliers center Jarrett Allen missed the final eight games of Cleveland's playoff run with a rib injury, but it was originally stated to be a contusion. As it turns out, it was bit more serious. Allen was actually dealing with a broken rib, as detailed by Cavs president of basketball operations Koby Altman Friday afternoon at the team's practice facility.

In that case, being out made sense. Just odd they couldn't be transparent and say he was out with a broken rib. Shame of the organization

Koby sounded like the Cavs just went to three straight finals yesterday for the love of God I just hope that was GM talk

“When Jarrett goes down in the playoffs with a broken rib it’s really nice to flex Evan into that five spot,” Altman said. A what now? A broken rib? That’s quite different than a contusion.

According to various health websites, bruised ribs usually take multiple weeks to heal, depending on a variety of factors. They can impact breathing and range of motion. The best form of treatment is rest and restricted movement. The timeline for a cracked, broken or fractured rib is typically measured in months, not weeks. Perhaps that level of transparency would’ve protected Allen from the chatter about him being “soft,” the rumors that have reignited as a result or the grumbles from teammates that cleveland.com reported on following the Game 5 Eastern Conference semifinal loss to Boston. Veteran Marcus Morris Sr. all but admitted there were internal eyerolls during a recent interview.

You guys seriously believe the new Allen “diagnosis” Altman is peddling now? I posted a while back that they will do damage control due to the softness charge and they all of a sudden came out at some point saying Allen originally hurt his rib in Game 1 vs Orlando and played through the pain until Wagner hit him in the exact same spot in Game 4 and making it worse. Sure. Pull this leg and it plays jingle bells. If Chams puts something out there as serious as Allen’s teammates resenting that he wouldn’t take pain killer injections to play, that’s what really happened. Altman is just doing damage control now so Allen’s trade value is not hurt, as well as getting him back in Cavs fans good graces if he stays. This is all incredibly obvious.

Naive much?
You have no idea how injured he was … and find it ridiculous that you question a guy that had played 81 straight games before this … did you even see him on the bench … the guy who was known for always having a smile on his face looked miserable … and yes I believe he was more injured than they were letting on … if he sat out one or two games, maybe … you don’t fake an injury for 7 or 8 games … but what do I know … I am not a keyboard doctor like yourself.

You have no idea how injured he was … and find it ridiculous that you question a guy that had played 81 straight games before this … did you even see him on the bench … the guy who was known for always having a smile on his face looked miserable … and yes I believe he was more injured than they were letting on … if he sat out one or two games, maybe … you don’t fake an injury for 7 or 8 games … but what do I know … I am not a keyboard doctor like yourself.
His teammates know. The Cavs have just been using revisionist history all along with this injury in direct responses to every charge of softness regarding Allen. I’m not buying their version.