Best Singlets in Ohio

Harrison and Lakota West have had some good designs. The two piece requires its own designs separate from singlet.

And to the person that that said ADs should crack down on teams having custom logos.. hush

I remember going to the Maple Heights matches as a kid in 70s and thinking how cool their uniforms were with the tights and the white shorts....looking back, I wouldn't be caught dead in them!...still cool though and you didn't laugh at the old Maple teams!

Attachments

• 151130309.jpg
    151130309.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 72
I remember going to the Maple Heights matches as a kid in 70s and thinking how cool their uniforms were with the tights and the white shorts....looking back, I wouldn't be caught dead in them!...still cool though and you didn't laugh at the old Maple teams!
Is that a tatoo on the the heavyweight's arm? Unusual back then.

Yes. The three piece was eventually replaced by the two piece (Singlet over leg tights), then simply the singlet.

End of my cool story.

I had a singlet made for if one of our kids made the state final. It was a basic design but on the back from mid-back up had all the names of our school's state champions in script. The design looked like the signatures on the Declaration of Independence.

Sadly, no one got to wear it. A few got to the semis but I never got one to the big match. I still have the singlet at home.

Last edited:
some of the newer 2 piece singlets definitely are cool. If I remember, Shore and Donathan wore them in the finals the first year they were allowed by OHSAA

Hard to call a 2 piece a singlet. Its just a tight shirt and shorts. I do feel like there can be much cooler designs done on them though. But like many have said...the simplest designs are usually the most iconic.

Harrison and Lakota West have had some good designs. The two piece requires its own designs separate from singlet.

And to the person that that said ADs should crack down on teams having custom logos.. hush
Not crack down, just standardize. It's just weird when schools have 7 different program specific logos and they don't even share similar elements. There's schools that have 3/4 different mascot logos and it's a weird look for sure. Wordmarks are a different thing entirely though

Not crack down, just standardize. It's just weird when schools have 7 different program specific logos and they don't even share similar elements. There's schools that have 3/4 different mascot logos and it's a weird look for sure. Wordmarks are a different thing entirely though
As long as it’s legal and school colors lol. Good gear helps more than most realize