Best Singlets in Ohio

ShootNation

In your opinion, who in Ohio has the best looking singlets? Is there a story behind the design or its history?

The football n basketball teams at Graham have to make their own jerseys.The Old English G proves most difficult to draw n color in.

I really like Revere’s black singlets, but I seem to like a lot of black singlets. I also like Louisville's white ones.

Last edited:
Not Ohio and not high school and not my favorite - so with that deviation laid out - the worst are the Penn State singlets with the white "belt". Seems that Wadsworth had similar singlets at one time - and may still have them. Awful looking...

Here ya go Huge.

The ones I've designed that have been my favorite. Top singlet is from Bellefontaine. We are in the CBC so added the conference logo. The back pays tribute to the famous landmarks in Bellefontaine. Court House in the middle. Below town name is the Mad River Mountains, building to the left of the courthouse is the historic Holland Theatre and the arch across the back represents the sign designating the oldest concrete street in America.
singlet back white.jpg

From my time at Mechanicsburg - always wanted to make an all-gold singlet (as school colors are purple and gold). Nothing on the back. Simple design with indian head logo and Burg on left leg. Gold singlets for gold medal performances. These pics from 2013 State finals. Reese (sr.) and Romero (fr.)

Reese gold singlet.jpg

romero gold single.jpg

Here ya go Huge.

The ones I've designed that have been my favorite. Top singlet is from Bellefontaine. We are in the CBC so added the conference logo. The back pays tribute to the famous landmarks in Bellefontaine. Court House in the middle. Below town name is the Mad River Mountains, building to the left of the courthouse is the historic Holland Theatre and the arch across the back represents the sign designating the oldest concrete street in America.
View attachment 5691

From my time at Mechanicsburg - always wanted to make an all-gold singlet (as school colors are purple and gold). Nothing on the back. Simple design with indian head logo and Burg on left leg. Gold singlets for gold medal performances. These pics from 2013 State finals. Reese (sr.) and Romero (fr.)

View attachment 5692
View attachment 5694
Love that your singlet isn't just some generic template, it's unique to the town and stands out because of that. Wish more teams would do something fun like that with theirs

My daughter's boyfriend wore my singlet from freestyle 1990ish at Wrestle Against Autism a few years ago... for 1! match. I was about 40 lbs smaller than him when I donned it. His first words coming off the mat: "my boys are screaming to get this singlet off!" Wore another the rest of the way.

Thefan,
Nice.
I did just about all of my FS/GR wrestling from 83-87. I would have singlets made in off colors, like pink for red and baby blue/white for blue. Some of them were so low cut there almost wasn't room for my handkerchief, you understand I'm sure.
I blame all those World Cups that were in Toledo back in the day.

Some of them were so low cut there almost wasn't room for my handkerchief, you understand I'm sure.
Oh I do. Funny thing is (I was doing table) I ripped off a couple paper towels, folded in a square and told him to show the ref and put in his singlet. The look I got was fantastic lol. He just handed them back, and ref was too young to find the humor anyway. A few others caught it lol.

My daughter's boyfriend wore my singlet from freestyle 1990ish at Wrestle Against Autism a few years ago... for 1! match. I was about 40 lbs smaller than him when I donned it. His first words coming off the mat: "my boys are screaming to get this singlet off!" Wore another the rest of the way.View attachment 5699
I remember singlets like that. Those were the only ones we had. No lycra for me.