Best Home Field Advantage/Game Day Atmosphere in Suburban League

For the SLA: Barberton has the best stadium with good atmosphere. Highland and Aurora have nice stadiums with very good atmosphere.

All the other stadiums are solid stadiums and the atmosphere mostly depends on how the season is going.

Hudson’s stands are too far away from the field. They have more space behind the benches for some reason, making the stands further away than they need to be. So I wouldn’t put them in the top 5.

Hudson’s stands are too far away from the field.
That is the same issue I have with Highland. The stands are too far from the field. It's a very nice stadium but the architect(s) weren't football fans. For the stadiums that have a track, putting the stands right up against the fence is the best way to give everyone a good view.

I have never been to Hudson or North Royalton. I despise Cuyahoga Falls. Areas of the visitors stands have blocked views of parts of the field and the PA Announcer is extremely annoying. I enjoy trips to the other stadiums

Wadsworth’s football stadium has no track and the bleachers are right up against the sideline. Home bleachers go endzone to endzone. Great atmosphere
agree. Wadsworth is premier stadium in the SL, and ranks up there amongst the state. there is a walkway in front of home side, and endzones- but not as wide as a track. some stand along fencing in endzones, that edges the field- gets you real close view on TDs. great atmosphere- huge community support.

I have never been to Hudson or North Royalton. I despise Cuyahoga Falls. Areas of the visitors stands have blocked views of parts of the field and the PA Announcer is extremely annoying. I enjoy trips to the other stadiums
Disagree about Cuyahoga Falls. They have one of the best, IMO. Yes, there are some obstructed view seats but overall, it is one of the best stadiums for football. The first consideration for me is do they have a track. If no, then it is automatically one of the better stadiums

Last edited:
Wadsworth’s football stadium has no track and the bleachers are right up against the sideline. Home bleachers go endzone to endzone. Great atmosphere
Agree about Wadsworth. It's always at the top of my stadium lists. No track around a football field makes for much better seating for football games.

Also agree about Wadsworth, great place to watch a game. Added points from me because it's named after a Barberton guy LOL.

Agree Falls' Clifford Stadium is a great venue to watch high school football. Fun fact for those who care (nobody I'm sure, LOL), I saw none other than the immortal Andre Knott (Bally sports - Guardians icon) play for St. V. against Falls that Clifford around 1995 as I recall.

Only been to Cuyahoga Falls High School field for middle school games, but I love how the stands go the length of the field. AND THE NATURAL GRASS!!! Didn't have to deal with the annoying PA announcer so can't comment on that. I believe this stadium's days are numbered though.

agree. Wadsworth is premier stadium in the SL, and ranks up there amongst the state. there is a walkway in front of home side, and endzones- but not as wide as a track. some stand along fencing in endzones, that edges the field- gets you real close view on TDs. great atmosphere- huge community support.
Another vote for Grizzly Stadium. One memory I have from last year is there is a backyard that runs up against the side of the away bleachers and the Wadsworth field house. There was a bonfire and "tailgating" going on during the game there. Away press box with heat is nice too.

Only been to Cuyahoga Falls High School field for middle school games, but I love how the stands go the length of the field. AND THE NATURAL GRASS!!! Didn't have to deal with the annoying PA announcer so can't comment on that. I believe this stadium's days are numbered though.
The annoying PA guy, the obscured views from several areas of the visitors stands and visitors must walk the width of the endzone which is in front of the student section. My opinion is all of this is done to make it as uncomfortable for the visitors as possible. Hate that stadium to no end.

visitors must walk the width of the endzone which is in front of the student section.
I'll have to look next time I'm there but I thought there were three entrances. North and South ends of the home side and in the South endzone on the visitors' side. Maybe these were open for Covid only. Maybe someone else on here knows for sure.

Hudson’s stands are too far away from the field. They have more space behind the benches for some reason, making the stands further away than they need to be. So I wouldn’t put them in the top 5.
Agree about Hudson’s stands being too far away. You almost have to Squint to see the game. 😀

1695236626685.png

1695236524413.png

Last edited:
Having an 8 lane track, large walkway in front of the stands, steps up into the stands, and then a walkway in the stands makes the seats too far away. Hudson's appear a little bit closer.

Having an 8 lane track, large walkway in front of the stands, steps up into the stands, and then a walkway in the stands makes the seats too far away. Hudson's appear a little bit closer.
You think that's bad? Down in Columbus, Dublin Coffman and all 4 Olentangy stadiums have this setup, except on the visitors side, the "large walkway" is wide enough to fit a car, and in front of the walkway are the long jump and pole vault setups. The visiting stands may as well be in Siberia.

Agree Falls' Clifford Stadium is a great venue to watch high school football. Fun fact for those who care (nobody I'm sure, LOL), I saw none other than the immortal Andre Knott (Bally sports - Guardians icon) play for St. V. against Falls that Clifford around 1995 as I recall.
Will Cuyahoga Falls be getting a new stadium by their new high school? If so, unfortunately it will probably like the others with track and bleachers away from the field.

Not the Suburban League, but down in #PACtion Canton South has a different approach with an 8-lane track. Reduce the soccer field width, reduce the bench areas that are on the field and use the track for bench areas, and implement G-force inducing turns on the track. Imagine running the 200/400 on this.

View attachment 46916
I did not know that was legal for track and field to change the dimensions of the track. I do like that better though. Looks like a great setup and someone who built the stadium must be a fan of football.

Hudson’s field includes a full sized width soccer field. Most stadiums do not have that. Most either have a reduced size field or use the football field dimensions. This wouldn’t be a bad thing if there wasn’t a track. The combination resulted in the stands being so far from the field. Had they been thinking, they would have built the track behind the home bleachers…there was plenty of room there. Am

My preference I’d stadiums is Cuyahoga falls, it’s just so old school and no track. Wadsworth #2 but parking is a problem. Great venue though. The newer stadiums are all nice, but not enough thought out into them for the fan experience.

I coached Andre when he was in Pee Wee's. Always been a stand up guy!!