Ask the Ref?

I'll ask this in hopes of getting some officials to answer honestly. Those of you who officiate girls and boys HS basketball, do you officiate differently between girls and boys?
Open up a thread in the general boys or girls' forum........ It's not a topic for the Ask the Ref forum. I've answered this question honestly in years past on there.

I saw this at a game last night. It is tough to describe but I will try. A player was dribbling along the sideline in front of me trying to beat a defender. He was bumped out of bounds slightly (no foul call) but was in between dribbles and not touching the ball when that happened. The ball remained in bounds and went down the court. He reestablished himself in bounds and continued his dribble immediately. No one else touched the ball at any time. The ref ruled him out of bounds and said that he stepped on the line. Was this ruling correct? I know by 9-3-3 that he didn’t go out on his own volition. So there should be no issue with him being first to touch on reentry. My thinking is that was a legal play. Like I said it isn’t easy to describe so I will clarify if need be. Thanks

I saw this at a game last night. It is tough to describe but I will try. A player was dribbling along the sideline in front of me trying to beat a defender. He was bumped out of bounds slightly (no foul call) but was in between dribbles and not touching the ball when that happened. The ball remained in bounds and went down the court. He reestablished himself in bounds and continued his dribble immediately. No one else touched the ball at any time. The ref ruled him out of bounds and said that he stepped on the line. Was this ruling correct? I know by 9-3-3 that he didn’t go out on his own volition. So there should be no issue with him being first to touch on reentry. My thinking is that was a legal play. Like I said it isn’t easy to describe so I will clarify if need be. Thanks
Based on what you saw, did he lose possession of the ball while dribbling or was he still in control of the ball?

Great question. I would say that he lost posession.
My guess is the official ruled that his dribble was not interrupted, therefore by rule he has committed a violation by touching a boundary line while in control of the ball. No way to tell without talking to the official.

All discussion regarding girls vs boys officiating should be had in the thread opened up in the basketball forum.

As predicted, the discussion was turning into a bash/blame officials on here. (it's starting to go that way on the other thread as well)

Thanks....
AS12

In OH HS BB are referees from participating teams regions allowed to call teams games from their Region in Final 4?
Same question for Regional assignments?
EX: SW plays Central Region in a D1 Girls SF this year. Are Officials from those 2 Regions allowed to be assigned to call that game?

In OH HS BB are referees from participating teams regions allowed to call teams games from their Region in Final 4?
Same question for Regional assignments?
EX: SW plays Central Region in a D1 Girls SF this year. Are Officials from those 2 Regions allowed to be assigned to call that game?
It's not uncommon to have officials from the same region working the games.

I know they used to try and have the crew not be from the area of the participating teams... but I'm guessing the gas/travel costs have made it so that's less of a thing nowadays.