2024 Massillon Tigers

Since you being honest : let’s keep it real : Honestly : why wasn’t he the feature rb from the start? What happend to that explosiveness in the ship ? Our offense is explosive , dangerous and whatever else you call it no matter who runs the rock . Before Mitchell’s ankle injury he averaged 7.5 yards per carry . Is that not explosive ? O my bad the teams were sorry according to 😏
And if you really being honest : he’s not a in between the tackles runner. It showed in the ship even though the blocking was scketchy . Jus saying ! I see the same rotation from the beginning of the season . Everyone knows 28 is the favorite and feature back next season : regardless !!

P.s all that speed and explosiveness netted 9 yards on 6 carries . jus saying !! And no knock on J( that’s my guy along with his pops ) we already talked about the ship : it was : what it was !!
And again like I said I'm not throwing shots at nobody you took it personal for no reason but at the beginning of the season our running game was not there. Outside of Owens we literally had no running game and it was concerning and then in week 8 when Gamble took over against Fitch are running game started to get nicely

And again like I said I'm not throwing shots at nobody you took it personal for no reason but at the beginning of the season our running game was not there. Outside of Owens we literally had no running game and it was concerning and then in week 8 when Gamble took over against Fitch are running game started to get nicely
I didn’t take anything personal : just gave my opinion like you and then asked a few questions. mook was running the ball St Ed’s game : he never took over anything: just like 32 didn’t : it was next man up due to injury: same as when 32 was next after 28 got hurt . That’s when mook got reps at rb : he was at slot : Whats concerning averaging 7.5 a carry? What was concerning up until those injuries : was the rbs couldn’t get into a rhythm : they got two plays each (same way at practice ) then out the game . Next rb turn : mook got into a rhythm when 28&32 was out for 6&7 weeks respectively . It would have been interesting to see each rb get a series or two before subbed. We’d prolly see potential greatness like we did w mook. Jus my opinion ! And it’s Peytton : trophy co. spelled it wrong on his plaque this year and tiger pin last year 🙈😏
tig 🐅

shot out Malcolm Little : 32

Last edited:
All 3 are pretty darn good, and they each bring something to the table. Vision, athleticism, speed, size, power. And all 3 will be stronger and faster next year. Will be interesting. Other than that, not my job or our jobs as fans to be picking starters. I am rooting for all 3 and project them all at the next level. Which is kinda crazy. And that's not to mention all our options at wr. If the OL gels we could, or should frankly, be even more explosive next year. No way Hoban or anyone should be holding us under 21. Figure it out coaches! I mean thanks for everything but... we want to REPEAT!!! Lol. ;)

Toles has the short area quickness to do well in the slot. He gets open on some deep balls but we will likely be throwing a lot of fades next year so I’d rather those be going to taller guys with leaping ability
We need to use a lot of the routes we ran this year, short outs and slants and that will really open up the deep shots.

Screenshot_20231227_051135_X.jpg
x3GBroVC37E42DmFRc.gif

As far as the RB “dilema” … I’ll take this problem every year.. If we didn’t have around 6 WR’s that also need to see the field, the easy answer would be running a two back set and maybe gamble in the slot sometimes too… It’s a long season so it’s a blessing to have those three and you know you could add Owens and Cupp in there too. I remember playing a championship or two without our RB’s being healthy….The other thing I love about this situation is we know how talented all 3 (or 4-5) RB’s are already, you know all three are going to work hard knowing they need to in order to be “the guy” it’s only going to make us/them better. It could also rub off on other position groups watching them work.. Steel sharpens steel right? I also like that they're all a bit different.. And you never know but can you imagine if they all put on 10 lbs?

Probably deserves its own thread, but since Minster was brought up in the convo of the "Top 10 Games" thread, I completed some light research and found a few interesting tidbits about Coach Moore's career. Thought I'd share em here to...

1. After inheriting a Minster program that went 1-9 in 2009, they went...
a) 7-6 in 2010
b) 9-4 in 2011
c) 9-3 in 2012

2. In his fourth game ever as Minster's head coach in 2010...
Marion Local 41, Minster 6

Week 12 of 2010...
Minster 30, Marion Local 26

3. After finishing 3-7 in his first season at Cincinnati La Salle in 2013, the Lancers followed up with a 14-1 campaign in 2014 en route to their first ever state championship.

4. Since 2010, Coach Moore has lost to the eventual state champion (within his division) seven times...
(*- playoff game; ^- state championship game)
-2010: Delphos St. John's 35, Minster 7
-2011: Marion Local 26, Minster 17
-2011: Marion Local 28, Minster 0*
-2012: Marion Local 41, Minster 34*
-2018: Archbishop Hoban 42, Massillon 28^
-2019: Cincinnati La Salle 34, Massillon 17^
-2020: Archbishop Hoban 35, Massillon 6^

5. Since 2010, Coach Moore is 2-3 in regurlar season games vs. eventual state championships from outside of his respected division...
-2012: (D5) Coldwater 34, Minster 6
-2013: (D1) Archbishop Moeller 31, Cincinnati La Salle 28
-2021: (D1) Lakewood St. Edward 35, Massillon 18
-2022: (D1) Massillon 31, Lakewood St. Edward 28
-2023: (D1) Massillon 15, Lakewood St. Edward 13

Coach Moore's history of building up programs and competing in big games is lengthy! Now that Massillon has finally gotten over the hump, I can only see things getting even better in Tigertown.

Toles has the short area quickness to do well in the slot. He gets open on some deep balls but we will likely be throwing a lot of fades next year so I’d rather those be going to taller guys with leaping ability
I ain't going to lie bro he got there leaping ability better than some tall guys. The kid can jump I honestly actually enjoy the fact that we really didn't have no tall receivers this year I thought it was a little change up instead of taking the obvious deep shot to our 6'4 receiver every time. In my personal opinion I think it actually helped us because you didn't know who was going deep because every one of our receivers had the ability to beat a defender on a fade ball

Alright fellas I'm bored and wanna talk some football. If you can place together a 10-game schedule for the Tigers for 2024 who would it be and why?

I ain't going to lie bro he got there leaping ability better than some tall guys. The kid can jump I honestly actually enjoy the fact that we really didn't have no tall receivers this year I thought it was a little change up instead of taking the obvious deep shot to our 6'4 receiver every time. In my personal opinion I think it actually helped us because you didn't know who was going deep because every one of our receivers had the ability to beat a defender on a fade ball
Yeah I’m not saying he can’t jump at all but he ain’t a jump ball guy.

This is a jump ball guy:
1704388559336.jpeg

His father was a dynamic LB in his day for Cleveland Glenville. One of the more underrated prospects in the entire 2005 class.

Seems like only yesterday. Crazy how time flies.
Freddie Sr. was an absolute heat-seeking missile. Saw him play many times back in the day. A little undersized, but incredibly fast and hard hitting. Also saw him run on at least one state championship relay. Rare speed for a linebacker.

Massillon now open Week 8 as Fitch is now playing McDowell.
Where did you see that? I've looked and can't find anything.... I'm a little surprised, I'm wondering if it's just being moved to another week to help one or both teams fill up the schedule? Disappointing if there's no game as that's been a good rivalry.. fitch's kids play hard....

Where did you see that? I've looked and can't find anything.... I'm a little surprised, I'm wondering if it's just being moved to another week to help one or both teams fill up the schedule? Disappointing if there's no game as that's been a good rivalry.. fitch's kids play hard....
Fitch's AD. They are only open Weeks 2 and 4 now.