2024 Elder Football

They are moving with mom and attending Mater Dei in California. The sister was ineligible 2nd half of the year and is going to OSU on scholarship.
Who knows what is happening at this point. I was told by someone very close to the situation about Mater Dei but the news is reporting them going to NC.

Who knows what is happening at this point. I was told by someone very close to the situation about Mater Dei but the news is reporting them going to NC.
MD and Bosco are shameful institutions, regardless of this situation. Same with Bishop Gorman and St Thomas Aquinas.

Moeller has new AD per WXIX. No mention who he is replacing. Didn’t know the position was vacant.

He talks about wanting to get NIL. I hope that never comes to High School sports because it ruined college football.

He talks about wanting to get NIL. I hope that never comes to High School sports because it ruined college football.
I was surprised by how resounding the vote against NIL by OHSAA member schools was after how much the OHSAA lobbied in favor of it. It would lead to an almost immediate schism between public and private schools.

Big difference, most of the athletes aren’t adults, they do not have a legal right to make $

Also, not surprising at all this is something he’d want at Moeller. He wants to pay to build a super team, but as long as the other 3 GCL ADs don’t give in, they can fend him off.

The last AD was a little too much hands on

google it… it was a pretty big scandal that got swept under the rug.
Funny right, the alleged victim went to crybaby Carl and he ignored her. Shocking for such a classy, up right guy, who always follows the rules and never does anything shady.

But if Moeller does step out of line, like in the 70s and 80s, you boot them from the GCL. Don’t let them get away with that bulls**t, it’s not a brotherhood.

This is also why you never donate to the gofundme’s of their athletes, no matter if they’re westsiders. Let Moeller take care of Moeller kids, don’t help fund the enemy.

Big difference, most of the athletes aren’t adults, they do not have a legal right to make $
What? Parents are able to take something up to like 85% of their kids’ earnings, but that’s if they choose to. You can’t just withhold all money from someone because they’re under 18 lol

What? Parents are able to take something up to like 85% of their kids’ earnings, but that’s if they choose to. You can’t just withhold all money from someone because they’re under 18 lol
They don’t have a right to earn $. That’s why NIL passed in college, you can’t prevent legal adults from earning a living.

They don’t have a right to earn $. That’s why NIL passed in college, you can’t prevent legal adults from earning a living.
1. Minors definitely have a right to earn money..... Every store and restaurant is full of minors that are, you guessed it, earning money.

2. Preventing adults from earning a living is not why NIL passed in College.

Let's not pretend shady things dont regularly happen to get athletes to go to their school ..... Leadership scholarships (LaSalle and Moe especially), priority admission to star athletes (X lets in dozens of athletes who dont even pass the entrance exam), and with open enrollment we see kids transfer all the time with coaches promising playing time, recruitment, easy classes, etc.

High school sports are far from squeaky clean in many schools, and unfortunately it's going to continue to get worse

1. Minors definitely have a right to earn money..... Every store and restaurant is full of minors that are, you guessed it, earning money.

2. Preventing adults from earning a living is not why NIL passed in College.

Let's not pretend shady things dont regularly happen to get athletes to go to their school ..... Leadership scholarships (LaSalle and Moe especially), priority admission to star athletes (X lets in dozens of athletes who dont even pass the entrance exam), and with open enrollment we see kids transfer all the time with coaches promising playing time, recruitment, easy classes, etc.

High school sports are far from squeaky clean in many schools, and unfortunately it's going to continue to get worse
They don’t have the RIGHT, employers choose to hire them. And compared to other states, Ohio’s level of corruption is low.

However, it also proves my point, when any schmuck comes in here asking us to donate to a Moeller related go fund me, you don’t do it. Let them foot the bill, they’re not our friends.

Last edited:
They don’t have the RIGHT, employers choose to hire them. And compared to other states, Ohio’s level of corruption is low.

However, it also proves my point, when any schmuck comes in here asking us to donate to a Moeller related go fund me, you don’t do it. Let them foot the bill, they’re not our friends.
I don't think you understand what a right is.

Again, minors have the right to earn money. Whether or not employers choose to hire them has nothing to do with said right.

I do agree Ohio's corruption is low compared to a handful of states, but is much higher than most believe.

Queen was the third best QB on that team. Estep will get a shot along with Rhoden next season.
Do you really think if Queen was better they would have kept him down?
He was not as good as the others- simple as that!
Coaches are with these kids 5 days a weeks. We are not.
I think Elder has a pretty good history of evaluating QBs.

Queen was the third best QB on that team. Estep will get a shot along with Rhoden next season.
Do you really think if Queen was better they would have kept him down?
He was not as good as the others- simple as that!
Coaches are with these kids 5 days a weeks. We are not.
I think Elder has a pretty good history of evaluating QBs.
Queen has a good size, great arm and pocket presence. He would easily be QB1 in most instances. However, Estep is just better right now.

Going off last yr, Roden has a lot of work to do to catch up to Estep. If Roden isn’t QB1, I’d like to see him at Safety.