2024 Cincinnati Area Open Jobs

Coach Caldwell will definitely throw his name in the mix for any GCL job. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe he resides in Milford or nearby. I believe he would be the perfect fit at West Clermont. Don't think AD at WC will offer it to him unless Starks passes on the offer.
Starks didn't interview and Caldwell didn't apply.

Does La Salle want someone who's "in the building" to be the next coach? Sycamore is one of the highest paying districts in the city.
They absolutely do… that is why Tim is n the long shot category. I think Tim would really love to be a head coach in the South but competing with Sycamore money would be tough…. Same with Higgins though I do see Higgins closer to realistic than Austing.

No one is leaving Sycamore at $100,000+ plus retirement he's earned at Fairfield and Sycamore in STRS to be the coach at LaSalle in a 6 game league schedule and maybe D3 tournament--that is retirement reality and $'s talking.

No one is leaving Sycamore at $100,000+ plus retirement he's earned at Fairfield and Sycamore in STRS to be the coach at LaSalle in a 6 game league schedule and maybe D3 tournament--that is retirement reality and $'s talking.
Sycamore's salary schedule is on line. Depending on the education level of the teacher I guess what amounts to the top level (25 years) ranges from $83.7K to just over $106K.

Last edited:
As an Alum I regretfully agree, Brian is a great guy, not a good AD. I think it’s time for some new leadership in the Athletic Department.

I also thought for sure they’d give Pat one more, just to give CJ another season to prove himself. I believe CJ is going to be a great Head Coach. I whole heartedly believe CJ is their #1 choice, but I like to play this game too. What if he says no? Where would I like to see them go from there?

Not Happening:
Ryan Fleming, St. X
Matt Rooks, Wyoming
Mike Price, Oak Hills

Long Shot:
Kevin Higgins, Hamilton
Tim Austing, Sycamore

Realistic Shot:
Brian Neal, Ex-Roger Bacon
Tim Monahan, McNicholas
Scott Kerr, Little Miami
Why do you say Ryan Fleming is not happening? I’m not all too familiar with him as a player, but assuming he is LaSalle alumni also, right? I think most head coaches would love to coach where they played, assuming it could be a great experience.
R. Fleming to LaSalle and Higgins to St.X where he went to HS.
But in all actuality….CJ will 100% go back home.

Wanna bet?
Why do you say Ryan Fleming is not happening? I’m not all too familiar with him as a player, but assuming he is LaSalle alumni also, right? I think most head coaches would love to coach where they played, assuming it could be a great experience.
R. Fleming to LaSalle and Higgins to St.X where he went to HS.
But in all actuality….CJ will 100% go back home

As a head coach you fix most of the problems in the interview. CJ will be negotiating from a position of strength. They badly want him. The community will support him over the AD on any disagreement. The AD has to know that.
Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

Lmao Mickey Mantle wants to ignore a fact! LaSalle AD a complete tool,you don’t think this Plays a role in Coaches leaving LaSalle?

Did Lasalle let Goedde go because they thought they'd get Fleming?

I notice the job got posted AFTER Fleming said no.

I wonder if they'd have let him go, if Fleming wasn't going to be the man

Lmao Mickey Mantle wants to ignore a fact! LaSalle AD a complete tool,you don’t think this Plays a role in Coaches leaving LaSalle?
No. I just think it’s not quite as big as you like to make it out to be.

That said, I’m not thrilled about this and extremely pissed about how they did it and when they did it.

I see the negative comments about AD Meyer. What are they based on?
For the 5th time,lots of Head Coaches have left LaSalle during AD Meyer tenure. Also in his tenure have had a good amount of LaSalle Sports Alums send their kids elsewhere. I don’t think Meyer and Goedde really got along. Meyer pretty snooty and Goedde pretty down to earth and straight forward.

No. I just think it’s not quite as big as you like to make it out to be.

That said, I’m not thrilled about this and extremely pissed about how they did it and when they did it.
Goedde let go for Performance or something else? AD Meyer said Personnel Matter apparently to wcpo. Goedde should be recognized for his damn near 30 yrs of service to LaSalle Basketball.

For the 5th time,lots of Head Coaches have left LaSalle during AD Meyer tenure. Also in his tenure have had a good amount of LaSalle Sports Alums send their kids elsewhere. I don’t think Meyer and Goedde really got along. Meyer pretty snooty and Goedde pretty down to earth and straight forward.

Goedde let go for Performance or something else? AD Meyer said Personnel Matter apparently to wcpo. Goedde should be recognized for his damn near 30 yrs of service to LaSalle Basketball.
Coaching turnover is pretty normal. McLaughlin has been the football coach for a few years. Your ax appears to be you're a Goedde fan. I look forward to response #6.

LaSalle listed on OHSAA website. If Fleming is out, then who do they target? Rooks from CHCA? Is he going to Madeira? Maybe there are some candidates from Kentucky because SW Ohio is thin.

Here's a name I'll throw out there. Andrews, forget his 1st name, former Princeton/Middletown coach was relieved at Taylor University. Might he show up at LaSalle or CHCA?