2024 Cincinnati Area Open Jobs

Yuck! Wally who was turning it around to any of the 3 listed here...
I don't think these are terrible options for a school without much historical success. I'm guessing these were the best candidates that applied.

After some quick google searching on this slow Thursday (It's good to be retired), here is what I found:

McMonigle - 13 years as a head coach - 149 Career Wins, 4 Post Season Wins
Lawhon - 6 years as a head coach - 68 Career Wins, 4 Post Season Wins
Grammar - 10 years as a head coach - 128 Career Wins, 13 Post Season Wins

The question remains what have these three been doing since it appears they all left a head coaching job prior to this season, 2 years ago for McMonigle.

Have not even heard names of anyone CHCA has interviewed. Sounds like they may be reaching out and trying to hand pick (or Sanders dad is) the next coach.
Have heard they chased Wyrick with no luck and then had several low level college assistants that were spoken to by the AD. Couldn't confirm any names but it does look like they're chasing a "big name" hire. Think they need it in order to counteract how they treated Rooks.

I don't think these are terrible options for a school without much historical success. I'm guessing these were the best candidates that applied.

After some quick google searching on this slow Thursday (It's good to be retired), here is what I found:

McMonigle - 13 years as a head coach - 149 Career Wins, 4 Post Season Wins
Lawhon - 6 years as a head coach - 68 Career Wins, 4 Post Season Wins
Grammar - 10 years as a head coach - 128 Career Wins, 13 Post Season Wins

The question remains what have these three been doing since it appears they all left a head coaching job prior to this season, 2 years ago for McMonigle.
Lawhon was essentially removed at LM since the AD didn't like him applying/interviewing for numerous jobs last cycle. He was on staff at Lakota East last season.

McMonigle stepped away 2 years to spend more time with his kids I believe. Not sure if he has been involved with a program since.

Have heard they chased Wyrick with no luck and then had several low level college assistants that were spoken to by the AD. Couldn't confirm any names but it does look like they're chasing a "big name" hire. Think they need it in order to counteract how they treated Rooks.
They should ask Carl Woods, former Cincinnati Christian Coach. Think he's coaching girls now at Fairfield.

Lawhon was essentially removed at LM since the AD didn't like him applying/interviewing for numerous jobs last cycle. He was on staff at Lakota East last season.

McMonigle stepped away 2 years to spend more time with his kids I believe. Not sure if he has been involved with a program since.
Thought Lawhon did well at NM. Made them respectable.

Oh come on, negotiating with who? Wyatt at Princeton?
Possible D1 Coaches in Cincinnati:

Wyrick - turned down a ton of other jobs to stay so I don't think it's going to be him
Wyant - are they creating a position because right now they just have math, spanish and social studies positions and don't see him giving up his years in public school for a pay cut.
Higgins - this one I could see as he has a history of rebuilds and he teaches Social Studies
Adkins - teaches Social Studies but is he interested in a rebuild?
Austing - history of coaching in GCL and teaches Social Studies

My prediction out of these:
1. Austing
2. Higgins
3. Adkins - maybe he's ready for a change.

Possible D1 Coaches in Cincinnati:

Wyrick - turned down a ton of other jobs to stay so I don't think it's going to be him
Wyant - are they creating a position because right now they just have math, spanish and social studies positions and don't see him giving up his years in public school for a pay cut.
Higgins - this one I could see as he has a history of rebuilds and he teaches Social Studies
Adkins - teaches Social Studies but is he interested in a rebuild?
Austing - history of coaching in GCL and teaches Social Studies

My prediction out of these:
1. Austing
2. Higgins
3. Adkins - maybe he's ready for a change.
No to all 3, STRS. Unless the Linder family decides to take over the funding of their retirement they aren't leaving.

AD's record isn't good. He was the guy that made the deals with PacMan Jones and that circus. Also on the football side when he hired the football coach is was all about open enrollment, then that was taken away.

Will West Clermont make a change at the top of the athletic department? What happened with Coach Vickers, why did he leave?

Will West Clermont make a change at the top of the athletic department? What happened with Coach Vickers, why did he leave?
State Tournament chatter-He really liked the players and felt they were now built for success. Even though they play D1 in the ECC the department and school has a minor league mentality about Athletics. He was guarded in statements but it seemed like he was done. Some bait was thrown, he didn't bite.

State Tournament chatter-He really liked the players and felt they were now built for success. Even though they play D1 in the ECC the department and school has a minor league mentality about Athletics. He was guarded in statements but it seemed like he was done. Some bait was thrown, he didn't bite.
Minor league mentality? Wonder what that means.

Hearing that La Salle is starting "interviews" next week. Not sure if this means they whiffed again or are going to make it look like they went through a formal process.