2023 TRC football

I’d move Milton to 4 behind Miami East. They got plastered by valley view. Riverside seems to be separating themselves from the pack. I still think Lehman could be a dark horse.

2-6 in my rankings is an absolute toss up and will likely change week by week.
The Bethel vs TC game should be a good one. I have your 1-4 all potentially contesting for the 1 spot. Unlike the last two years, there is no runaway in the conference. Would not be surprised to have the conference champ with at least one conference loss. My dark horse is Miami East. They are just good enough to create some havoc, but will drop one or two conference games. Northridge speed may give Riverside trouble, it did two years ago.

In the end, I'll be surprised if MU doesn't still finish at least second in the league. I would like to see more of Northridge, Miami East, and Lehman.
Good point. Lowest finishing place is another way to try and determine the top spot.

How does the conference fare during the last week before league play?
I think it will end up about 3-5 +/- a game.
If we want to play the game of comparing scores the Ridge-Carlisle game and Milton-Oakwood game could provide us with misguided insight.

How does the conference fare during the last week before league play?
I think it will end up about 3-5 +/- a game.
If we want to play the game of comparing scores the Ridge-Carlisle game and Milton-Oakwood game could provide us with misguided insight.
I wonder how MU will respond after week 2. Big week for the Dogs!

Week 3 Games:

Riverside @ Spencerville
Urbana @ Bethel
Covington @ Fort Loramie
Troy Christian @ Madison
Northwestern @ Miami East
Carlisle @ Northridge
Milton Union @ Oakwood
Lehman Catholic @ Ben Logan

I'll go with:

Riverside @ Spencerville
Urbana @ Bethel
Covington @ Fort Loramie
Troy Christian @ Madison
Northwestern
@ Miami East
Carlisle @ Northridge
Milton Union @ Oakwood
Lehman Catholic
@ Ben Logan

Riverside/Spencerville, Northwestern/Miami East, Carlisle/Northridge, Milton Union/Oakwood, and LehmanCatholic/Ben Logan should all be very competitive games. I see the league going 2-6 this week, but could see them winning 3 or 4 games if things go well.

I see a range of 0-8 through 3-5 as possibilities.

Riverside 55% chance over Spencerville
Miami East 45% chance over Northwestern
Milton Union 40% chance over Oakwood
Northridge 35% chance over Carlisle
Lehman 30% chance over Ben Logan

Bethel 15% chance over Urbana
Troy Christian 0 .5% chance over Madison
Covington .00745% chance over Ft Loramie

I see a range of 0-8 through 3-5 as possibilities.

Riverside 55% chance over Spencerville
Miami East 45% chance over Northwestern
Milton Union 40% chance over Oakwood
Northridge 35% chance over Carlisle
Lehman 30% chance over Ben Logan

Bethel 15% chance over Urbana
Troy Christian 0 .5% chance over Madison
Covington .00745% chance over Ft Loramie
Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Covington fans

Always find it interesting to go to Drew's fantastic 50 site week 3 or 4 of the season as things begin to get a bit more accurate with the computer mid season. So , I still believe the old data is ruling too heavily. He has Milton going 9-1 and winning the TRC week 10 vs Riverside who he has in second.

Personally, its early, but I would circle the week 8 game Riverside vs East as a major decisive game for the TRC. I'm sure the week 10 game will play heavily for seeding and perhaps will determine if Riverside ties or gets outright title?

He has Milton going 9-1 and winning the TRC week 10 vs Riverside who he has in second.

To say this is impossible is a stretch. MU has good players, we just don't have a lot of players this season. Mayfield is dynamic, and we have hitters. This might be one of the younger MU teams we've had in a while, as I counted at least 4 underclassmen starting on each side of the ball last week. I think MU could end up anywhere between 6-4 and 9-1. Tonight will play a big part in that. Either way, I think there's a good chance we go into Week 10 with MU and Riverside at 7-2/8-1 playing for the title.

Last edited:
Well ,looks like TRC is having a much better night than I predicted.
Riverside
Miami East
Northridge
Lehman

Those four look to be headed to victory.

Milton took a second half nosedive as did Bethel, both were close for a half.

Covington and TC were never really in their games.

I selected the correct teams I thought could win, I just did not expect 4 out of the 5 to do it.

Well ,looks like TRC is having a much better night than I predicted.
Riverside
Miami East
Northridge
Lehman

Those four look to be headed to victory.

Milton took a second half nosedive as did Bethel, both were close for a half.

Covington and TC were never really in their games.

I selected the correct teams I thought could win, I just did not expect 4 out of the 5 to do it.
Milton is not deep and obviously not in shape to play Ironman football. They gas in the 3rd. Looks like they might lose more than I thought this year. Nice 1/2 of football but it’s a 2 half game. Injuries, fatigue doom this team. Riverside is clearly the favorite by a mile.
Milton vs Lehman:
Milton will be in the game till 3rd. Then the Lehman passing game will blow by Milton. Lehman 31-21. MU’s first TRC loss. Thursday nights game

Milton is not deep and obviously not in shape to play Ironman football. They gas in the 3rd. Looks like they might lose more than I thought this year. Nice 1/2 of football but it’s a 2 half game. Injuries, fatigue doom this team. Riverside is clearly the favorite by a mile.
Milton vs Lehman:
Milton will be in the game till 3rd. Then the Lehman passing game will blow by Milton. Lehman 31-21. MU’s first TRC loss. Thursday nights game
I will be interested to see how it plays out. How do you think East compares to Riverside?

In all seriousness, I think all four games are a toss up this week. Bethel v Riverside being the least of the toss ups. But from what I understand Bethel was missing a key player the first couple weeks so that may make a difference.

In all seriousness, I think all four games are a toss up this week. Bethel v Riverside being the least of the toss ups. But from what I understand Bethel was missing a key player the first couple weeks so that may make a difference.
Very intrigued by tonight's game with Lehman and Milton. Is Lehman legit or the product of bad opponents.

I think Lehman beats Milton. Their passing game and strong QB play will be a carbon copy of Valley View, just not as deep on both sides of the ball. The 60-7 demolition by Valley View at home, made me think the lack of depth really kills Milton, every week. Valley View just wore them down and then scored at will. Oakwood did the same. Stopping the run will be paramount to forcing them to pass every down. They pass well, but I think it’s the feet of the QB that sets up those passes.
MU will lead at halftime but the QB play by O’Leary will spell trouble for Milton. It’ll be a close game…If Milton can get some turnovers, the game will be theirs.
Lehman 33
Milton 31

14-12 MU at halftime.