2023 Southwestern Buckeye League

Great interview with BB head coach on the Badin matchup and the culture of the program.

Great interview with BB head coach on the Badin matchup and the culture of the program.

Indeed a great listen

Spot on. Edgewood wins League this year 100%
I don't think any school in the SWBL is running a program like Edgewood right now. I mean, who is consistent in everything they do from the warm ups, offense, defense, special teams to how they take a water break, other than Edgewood? This has been their mode for 20 years. That's tough on teams that flip from one coach and system to another.

If the coaching staff figures out how to keep good classes together forget about it. They will dominate, but with these new generations of kids and their weird parents, that is a tall task. I do see them reaching out and trying new things that could prove positive. The freshman played LaSalle, Moeller and St. X last year and only lost a close one to Moeller.

If you don't have a smart coach that truly understands how to defend the Wing-T you're in trouble. Only Ross and Harrison have been consistent at that in my years of watching it.
😂😂 bellbrook definitely is considering they beat edgewood 38-17 i guess jenkins just understands how to defend that wing t

Man, this will be a tough game for Bellbrook. This region is loaded at the top and will be a crazy battle even to make it to the regional final game. Badin QB is def not a runner like VV QB So really do not have to count on him on the ground. They really should be a top 4 team in the region, but everyone on the big side was down this year in the SWBL plus they played Ponitz. This game should be a regional final game or semi. I am going with Bellbrook 24 Badin 21!!!
Not so fast MSU!

Both teams are great, but I say Badin gets the best of them. Badin’s DL will win the matchup against Bellbrook’s OL.

Badin 28 Bellbrook 17.
Add another win for the GCL CoED

Indeed a great listen
There are things that stuck out to me.
1. When talking about the losses to Badin and to paraphrase, those losses don't define us, they allowed us to grow and succeed. That is a grounded man in his expectations. That only transfers to the young men he is leading.
2. I liked how he gave insight to tonight's game without saying anything....perfect! :ROFLMAO:
3. He talked about having patience as a coach. We could all use that understanding. Coach John Heisman stated a coach should be an educator. IMO, this young man is well spoken, driven and can communicate vision while understanding the students he is educating...He sounds like he beyond his years and has the basis of what Heisman spoke.
4. BB football looks to be in good hands and will have continued success. He has established a legacy amongst his past and current players to excel.

Finally, I love the BB faithful and they are energetic, knowledgeable bunch but let that vocal always be positive. Big game tonight and there will be calls going against you and plays you may not agree with but bite your tongue and push positive. I talked with a player one time about what he hears from the stands. He said, I always heard the negatives, directed to the refs, play calls, players, coaches, etc. and it casted a self defeating mentality as if everyone one was against us. Oddly, he said he never heard any positive comments, just the roar of the crowd to push and to transfer that energy into their moment.

I like the Eagles in this one but it will take 48 minutes. Good luck tonight.

Not so fast MSU!

Both teams are great, but I say Badin gets the best of them. Badin’s DL will win the matchup against Bellbrook’s OL.

Badin 28 Bellbrook 17.
Again, not so fast...

Badin and Bellbrook - I dont see the Eagles rolling over in this game and I will have to take an upset in this one.
Tipp and CJ - Interesting game with Tipp, though I think it is down year for Tipp, they have that ability to shut down the double wing as they did when Coach White was at Thurgood Marshall and that stout club.
Massie and McNicholas - Do I need to say more?
Alter and Indian Hill - The Braves may be a little better than the Knight faithful think.

If I had to guess the GCL estrogen division goes 2-2 at best but probably 1-3.

What was that Fenwick score last week?

Again, not so fast...

Badin and Bellbrook - I dont see the Eagles rolling over in this game and I will have to take an upset in this one.
Tipp and CJ - Interesting game with Tipp, though I think it is down year for Tipp, they have that ability to shut down the double wing as they did when Coach White was at Thurgood Marshall and that stout club.
Massie and McNicholas - Do I need to say more?
Alter and Indian Hill - The Braves may be a little better than the Knight faithful think.

If I had to guess the GCL estrogen division goes 2-2 at best but probably 1-3.

What was that Fenwick score last week?
Happy Parks And Rec GIF

Not so fast MSU!

Badin 28 Bellbrook 17.

We shall see. I do agree that the OL for Bellbrook against the DL for Badin will be a key to Bellbook's success tonight. Should be a great game for sure! Good luck to both teams and everyone in the SWBL tonight! Hopefully, everyone makes it out healthy!

Not so fast MSU!

Badin 28 Bellbrook 17.
I've not seen Badin play, but I know Bellbrook has the athletes and skill players to compete (multiple threats to catch and run the ball); I think you're right this game will be decided at the line of scrimmage. It will be interesting to see how the Bellbrook OC calls the game based on what he's seeing up front as they've been run heavy at times, but then also have run balanced attacks. Personally, I think if Bellbrook went with a more balanced attack and/or flashed formations they've been running more recently the Miamisburg and Alter games may have had different outcomes as that would have spread out those defenses and created more space for the skill guys to operate vs constantly going up against 8 in the box.

On the flip side, Bellbrook's front 7/8 has been very good, but the LBs can have lapses...that 2nd level must play disciplined football for 48 minutes.

I know Bellbrook is well-coached and has a fine football team, but I think Badin is way too much. Rams by 14.

I've seen both Badin and Bellbrook in person this year and I personally think Badin is just a little bit better, particularly on defense. They both like to throw it a little bit, but both no doubt want to establish the run and I think Bellbrook will struggle to run the ball against the Badin front 7. I think it will be another low scoring battle, with Badin pulling it out. Something in the 17-13 range.

I've seen both Badin and Bellbrook in person this year and I personally think Badin is just a little bit better, particularly on defense. They both like to throw it a little bit, but both no doubt want to establish the run and I think Bellbrook will struggle to run the ball against the Badin front 7. I think it will be another low scoring battle, with Badin pulling it out. Something in the 17-13 range.
That's what it was like two years ago when they hooked up in the regional final. Albeit different personnel. Bellbrook was dead set on going with what got them there, the Wing-T and a steady dose of Borondy...eventually it was the FB (Etienne I believe) that broke through for a score. Starting with that game and the loss to Wapak last season I think is what convinced Jenkins he needs to let this offense grow and utilize other assets.

This season Bellbrook has struggled at times with the run on offense, their backs are slight, except for #48 the others can be taken down by a shirt sleeve, #48 while small in stature runs hard and downhill. If Badin's having their way with line though that's when we'll see what looks/adjustments the OC makes.

Any idea on Badin's depth, primarily line? Bellbrook has a few guys that will go both ways on the line, not sure if Badin has two way players, but in a game like this that will definitely be a factor.

personally i think badin dosent stand a chance. the way bellbrooks backs hit the hole and come through hard is unmatched badin will defintly have a tough time defending the run game.

I think BB has a shot but I don't see them running through Badin, will most likely be a 3-7 point game either way.
i just have to disagree. BB has really turned their season around. Love what jenkins is doing with the program. They have made leaps and bounds with their defense and I think the offense jenkins has going is too much for badins D.

Not so fast MSU!

Badin 28 Bellbrook 17.
Add another win for the GCL
In your dreams young buck🤣 Bellbrooks running backs are gonna get through that d line and torture badins secondary in the open field.