2023 Pittsburgh Steelers

Not sure. What other QBs were available at #20? I guess the current SF guy but no one wanted him.qb
Then don't draft one. QB is the worst position for a reach pick.

Today is rge exact type of game this team loses. On the road. 1pm. Against a team that isn't that great. As great as MT gets bis teams ready foe big prime time home games.....they suck and play down to opponents on the road.

Today is rge exact type of game this team loses. On the road. 1pm. Against a team that isn't that great. As great as MT gets bis teams ready foe big prime time home games.....they suck and play down to opponents on the road.
I don’t think they thought Pickett was “a reach”. 🤷🏼

Yep, it seems to happen frequently.

Embarrassing all around. I guess we’ll have to watch Trubisky against Baltimore. Hopefully Canada is fired during the bye.

Embarrassing all around. I guess we’ll have to watch Trubisky against Baltimore. Hopefully Canada is fired during the bye.
Should just rolled with him and pass on Pickett....they caved to public pressure and were swayed by him in Pittsburgh.

Drafting him set us back 3-5 years.

I think Pickett can be good. But it would have been better if they’d rebuilt the OL before looking to replace Ben. Let a guy like Trubisky take a beating

It will be interesting how this plays out.

If they want to tank, they will keep him for the season.

If they want to improve, they will.fire him.

He's a bum and damm you BR for pushing the organization to make him the OC.

i'm on board with firing everyone after this season, including Tomlin. Canada's ineptitude as the OC is as much of an indictment on MT as it is to Canada himself. He isn't good at his job. He hasn't shown improvement at all. It's the HC's job to see this and make the tough but much needed decisions for this organization/team to improve, and sometimes that means getting rid of someone who you thought could do the job, but he clearly CAN'T. blow it all up, I say.

i know it won't happen, but i'll at least see some light at the end of the tunnel if they get rid of Canada before the end of the season. the offense is just simply AWFUL.

I am beyond ready for a total house cleaning. Nothing is going to change until they change the man in charge. I like Mike Tomlin. I think he deserves credit for all he's done over the years, but I think he and Belichick have worn out their welcome with their respective franchises.

Steelers need new blood and fresh ideas. Hire someone from the Shanahan coaching tree or one of those other innovating offensive minds.

I understand the frustration about the OC, draft picks, and game plans. What bothered me the most about Sunday was the lack of motivation by the players for the most part. I believe that comes from all of the coaches and it was not there. Not too many people should have been paid for that debacle.

Funny how fans of three of the four AFC North teams want their coach fired.
I am just for Canada to get canned, post haste.

I like MT. Ironically, I firmly believe his success has hurt the organization. He has taken too many bad teams and got them to and above .500 and more middle of the draft picks. If we had a dogpile coach like Taylor this team would tanked a few years ago, had a top 5 pick or two, and well on its way to the top but instead.........500 seasons and garbage like Pickett at QB. At the end of the day, it has hurt the overall depth of the organization.

Often times the devil you know is better than the one you dont.
Stiller fans have been very luck. Noll, Cowher (who really did under perform too many years but is still beloved) and MT.

Can we strike gold again? I am not as confident as I once was in the organization making the right choices at coach.

For whatever reason, people around the NFL speak highly of Tomlin while not actually believing it - I guess it’s one way to keep the Steelers mediocre - but if the league actually thought highly of him, they’d pick apart his staff like every other highly touted coach. But he doesn’t have a coaching tree at all. There’s literally not one coach under his tutelage that has ever been hired to be a HC. In 17 years. That’s ridiculous. Should be impossible.

I’m not concerned with not making a change because someone else might not be good either. That’s moronic. Make the change because what’s going on now isn’t good enough. And trust Khan to get the search right. And hope The Deuce doesn’t get too involved.

On a long weekend vacation so only saw part of the 3rd Q and end of todays game. Still almost turned it off a few times (fumble on the punt return). Steelers seem to have Lamar’s number more often than not. Somehow the Steelers are atop the North (2-0) and 3-2 overall.

One of the ugliest games I can remember. Neither team seemed interested in winning it. A win is a win I guess. Somehow they’ve fallen backward into the division lead. I hope it’s just not an excuse to not make any changes

With on 5 offensive td’s thru 5 games the Steelers head into their wk 6 bye week at 3-2….and in 1st place in the AFC North (2-0 in the division as well).

It’s easy to pile on after a 24 pt beat down and the Steelers deserved it. However, the stupidity of wanting to fire Tomlin is ridiculous. Should Tomlin get blame for the offense & hiring Canada - absolutely 100% but who cares if Tomlin’s assistants get hired by other teams. How many of the Patriots assistants turned out to be good HC’s? It doesn’t matter. What was the stat, Steelers have lost by 21 pts 14 times under Tomlin and they are 12-2 th following week. Ok, one can say bad coaching got the Steelers to lose by 21 pts but then one has to say coaching/motivation got the Steelers to bounce back the following week.

A couple of things:
* Cut Gunner Olszenski asap. The stupid fair catch/toe tap of a kickoff vs Cleveland and the fumble today.
* Canada has to go. His body language while he’s calling plays is that of a nervous Nellie. His body of work speaks for itself. If the Steelers don’t fire him at the bye they must do so at the end of the year.
* Warren is a baller, he brings some energy. Too small to get 15+ touches a week but what a football player, very good blocker for his size also.
* OLB’ers are dominant, so fun to watch
* Pickens is a freak, keep throwing him the ball
* Pickett - kid has some Colorado Oysters when it comes to the 4th qrt. Is he a NFL Top 10 type qb, most likely not but man the kid is tough.

The Steelers should get wr Johnson back after the bye and hopefully DT Heyward isn’t too far from getting back as well. Big game @ LA Rams after the bye and then 3 home games - need to go at least 3-1 during this span.

Yes Tomlin should take the blame and be fired. It wasn’t anyone else who assembled this joke of an offensive staff. He’s not even that great a coach. It’s not like firing prime Belichick or something.

One of the ugliest games I can remember. Neither team seemed interested in winning it. A win is a win I guess. Somehow they’ve fallen backward into the division lead. I hope it’s just not an excuse to not make any changes
Woo hoo!!! We won! 3-2 record technically in 1st place. Three other AFC North teams cant say that.

On a long weekend vacation so only saw part of the 3rd Q and end of todays game. Still almost turned it off a few times (fumble on the punt return). Steelers seem to have Lamar’s number more often than not. Somehow the Steelers are atop the North (2-0) and 3-2 overall.
Lamar is 1-3 against the Steelers

Yes Tomlin should take the blame and be fired. It wasn’t anyone else who assembled this joke of an offensive staff. He’s not even that great a coach. It’s not like firing prime Belichick or something.

You are special. I’m guessing your ownership style would produce results resembling former Redskins owner Daniel Snyder, the first 20 years of George Steinbrenner or the last 25+ years of the Browns organization.

Blindly sticking with a coach is one of the dumbest things a franchise can do. We’re so far removed from Tomlin’s successful years it’s ridiculous to even talk about it. Stop hugging his nuts. He hasn’t done anything since he pushed out LeBeau and Arians.

Blindly sticking with a coach is one of the dumbest things a franchise can do. We’re so far removed from Tomlin’s successful years it’s ridiculous to even talk about it. Stop hugging his nuts. He hasn’t done anything since he pushed out LeBeau and Arians.

Stop making a fool out of yourself, did Tomlin one night stand your daughter or something? I said this to you before, do I think Tomlin is a Top 5 coach - definitely not but he is somewhere between 6-8 and you will see him in the HOF someday. Perhaps you should get ahold of Writer & HOF selection committee member Peter King and explain to him why Tomlin should not be in the HOF. I’m sure your insight would be greatly appreciated.

You were right about LT Jones - because of injury he played 50 snaps last week and all this week. Jones did as good/better than Moore so it appears he is ready to take over the starting job.

Bye week & onto the Rams

The 2023 Steelers are quite the smoke-and-mirrors team. They’re completely reliant on generating turnovers and/or the opposing offense chipping in with unforced turnovers.

In the three games where Pittsburgh’s opponent has turned the ball over 3+ times, the Steelers have eked out wins in all three games despite generally horrific play on offense. In the two games where the opposing offense took care of the ball, the Steelers were absolutely destroyed.

Pittsburgh has been outgained in all five games this season. That is an ominous sign for the rest of the season. Having the great OLBs obviously helps create some turnovers, but the Steelers will be hard-pressed to continue to pull out wins in the manner they’re doing so far.

As for Tomlin, if he’s unwilling to fire the clearly inept Matt Canada, then the GM should send both of them packing. Tomlin hasn’t won a playoff game since 2016. At this point, you’d basically be firing the equivalent of Marvin Lewis with a more decorated long-ago past.

Steelers, simply put, should NOT have won that game. they didn't deserve to. two dropped TD's by the Ravens early in the game. Another deep perfect shot by Lamar through the hands of Algholar would have been a score. needed a pick in the endzone, a blocked punt safety, a fumble late to get a FG just to have a CHANCE to win. the offense is still awful. heck, Canada actually called a run play on the Pickens TD because he wanted to settle for a FG there. Pickett audibled because he saw 1 v 1 coverage. every coach in the booth was celebrating EXCEPT Canada. then they showed a clip on Twitter of Canada celebrating the victory in the tunnel and Boswell saying "It had nothing to do with you."

he's gotta be gone this week.

it's time.

i get Tomlin doesn't want to do something just because the FANS are calling for it. But, if there ever was a time to make that decision, it's NOW.

just do it.

WJ- I agree with you 100% that Warren is a beast. On the pre-game radio show yesterday, the topic came up "what happened to ride the hot back"? I know Harris is the main man but Warren runs so hard. When he is being successful, fide him!

WJ- I agree with you 100% that Warren is a beast. On the pre-game radio show yesterday, the topic came up "what happened to ride the hot back"? I know Harris is the main man but Warren runs so hard. When he is being successful, fide him!
Najee's vision just isn't good. i know there are times he gets hit in the backfield but there are other times he just runs RIGHT into people when the hole is literally right to his left or right. when they show the endzone view of some of his runs, i sit there and think "what the heck is he looking at?"

Jaylen just hits holes harder and has better vision. it's that simple.