2024 Pittsburgh Steelers

Before the field goal attempt, the officials had a series of calls that drew the ire of the Acrisure Stadium crowd. First Pickett fumbled as he ran out of bounds, and upon review, the officials gave Pickett the yardage, but enacted a 10-second run-off because he fumbled out of bounds. On the next play, Pickett was hit hard by Gotsis and the Steelers were charged a timeout for an injury occurring after the two-minute warning. The crowd booed loudly after each instance and reached a fever pitch with a "ref you suck" chant after the offside flag on the field goal attempt.

Then the stupid FG call happened

Before the field goal attempt, the officials had a series of calls that drew the ire of the Acrisure Stadium crowd. First Pickett fumbled as he ran out of bounds, and upon review, the officials gave Pickett the yardage, but enacted a 10-second run-off because he fumbled out of bounds. On the next play, Pickett was hit hard by Gotsis and the Steelers were charged a timeout for an injury occurring after the two-minute warning. The crowd booed loudly after each instance and reached a fever pitch with a "ref you suck" chant after the offside flag on the field goal attempt.

Then the stupid FG call happened
The fumble out of bounds...that's legit runoff.
I don't know how the run off is with an injury in an incomplete pass.

Johnson is such a turd, saying the refs are why the stillers lost.
No, your chitty offense is why this team lost.
Yeah, some of those calls made it tough, but my God....be a man and own up to why...the offense is terrible and the defense, while not giving up a lot of points, isnt up to snuff either.

Johnson is such a turd, saying the refs are why the stillers lost.
No, your chitty offense is why this team lost.
Yeah, some of those calls made it tough, but my God....be a man and own up to why...the offense is terrible and the defense, while not giving up a lot of points, isnt up to snuff either.

Agree, even if you think that saying it will only hurt you & your team in the future. Refs read papers & have egos too.

If the 1st play of the game is a completion (a bit high but Johnson did get his finger tips on the ball), it could have have possibly changed the vibe of the game. The offense needs some confidence, someone go make a play early in the game instead of waiting until the 4th qrt.

Agree, even if you think that saying it will only hurt you & your team in the future. Refs read papers & have egos too.

If the 1st play of the game is a completion (a bit high but Johnson did get his finger tips on the ball), it could have have possibly changed the vibe of the game. The offense needs some confidence, someone go make a play early in the game instead of waiting until the 4th qrt.
I really thought the Steelers screwed up by not going deep again. The 1st play was there. Juuust off Diontes tips. 2 plays later they go deep and again a dropped ball. You just showed an ability to get open deep. Keep exploiting it. 3 capable threats in Johnson, Pickens and Austin. Then you can open up running lanes for Haris and Warren
Quick turnaround for the Titans

I really thought the Steelers screwed up by not going deep again. The 1st play was there. Juuust off Diontes tips. 2 plays later they go deep and again a dropped ball. You just showed an ability to get open deep. Keep exploiting it. 3 capable threats in Johnson, Pickens and Austin. Then you can open up running lanes for Haris and Warren
Quick turnaround for the Titans
Why didn't they? Two words

.matt Canada.

Turd isn't worthy of being the OC of a high school team

Unfortunately S Minka Fitzpatrick will not play Thursday but DT Cam Heyward is active and will play.

Hopefully Fitzpatrick is able to return by week 11 @ Browns or week 12 @ Bengals.

Traveling from Cincy to Pittsburgh today with my son to see our yearly Steeler game. I’ve been to 25 Steeler games in my lifetime. They are 21-4 when I attend, 3 of those losses since my son started going with me. Hope to turn this around tonight (maybe leave him at a rest stop on I-71?)

Traveling from Cincy to Pittsburgh today with my son to see our yearly Steeler game. I’ve been to 25 Steeler games in my lifetime. They are 21-4 when I attend, 3 of those losses since my son started going with me. Hope to turn this around tonight (maybe leave him at a rest stop on I-71?)
That's an outstanding record. At one time I was like 35-10 and thought they should pay me to attend the big games ha ha. Buddies and i had season tix for nearly a decade at Heinz but the 320 mile trip just got too old. Did well a eelling some on ebay so money wise it wasn't bad but the seats sucked and now they just will pay up for a game or two a year as we.habe another buddy with 4 season tix on those newly added end zone seats.
Now I'm spoiled with access to a companies season tix...one set is on the 50 about 20 rows up...the other set first row club section at midfield. Usually its for the clowns game

Well, Steeler fans have seen far uglier offense this season. It wasn’t pretty but tonight…..
* the oline definitely played well, especially Jones.
* The rookies stepped up: Jones, Porter, the DT, the TE caught a pass & was ok blocking
* Warren provided his typical spark
* Harris is a decent back if the online can get him to the line of scrimmage without contact
* Pickett looked blah in the 1st half, decent in the second half.
* Highsmith had a great game

When the Steelers took over at midfield in the 4th qrt with 2:06 remaining and the Titans having all 3 timeouts, I get why the Steelers called 3 run plays. Playing a rookie qb with a 4 pt lead, I get it make the kid go 80+ if you can’t get a 1st down to ice the game. However, if that was Mahomes, Burrow or Allen on the other side, you better try & get that 1st down - you have to give your qb a chance to make a play.

Great having Heyward back, he will be better after 10 days off. Hopefully LB Holecomb isn’t out for the year but it didn’t look good and Ten wr Burke is ok.

Next week it’s GB @ Pit so that’s another very winnable game.

Well, Steeler fans have seen far uglier offense this season. It wasn’t pretty but tonight…..
* the oline definitely played well, especially Jones.
* The rookies stepped up: Jones, Porter, the DT, the TE caught a pass & was ok blocking
* Warren provided his typical spark
* Harris is a decent back if the online can get him to the line of scrimmage without contact
* Pickett looked blah in the 1st half, decent in the second half.
* Highsmith had a great game

When the Steelers took over at midfield in the 4th qrt with 2:06 remaining and the Titans having all 3 timeouts, I get why the Steelers called 3 run plays. Playing a rookie qb with a 4 pt lead, I get it make the kid go 80+ if you can’t get a 1st down to ice the game. However, if that was Mahomes, Burrow or Allen on the other side, you better try & get that 1st down - you have to give your qb a chance to make a play.

Great having Heyward back, he will be better after 10 days off. Hopefully LB Holecomb isn’t out for the year but it didn’t look good and Ten wr Burke is ok.

Next week it’s GB @ Pit so that’s another very winnable game.
I agree w/ everything except the last sentence. Pittsburgh is in absolutely no position to call any opponent winnable. The window for a Steelers victory against any team is extremely narrow. Opportunistic D, improving O. Again Kenny P made no turnovers. Rotate Najee and Warren to keep legs fresh.
How long is Minkah out?

Didn’t expect Pickett to be a better QB than Levis but he is.
Levi's ain't half bad with protection. Still only his 2nd start. I think Tennessee needs to keep Levis as QB1 even with a healthy Tannehill. They gotta deal with a dangerous improving Jacksonville squad.

Levi's ain't half bad with protection. Still only his 2nd start. I think Tennessee needs to keep Levis as QB1 even with a healthy Tannehill. They gotta deal with a dangerous improving Jacksonville squad.
Levis just doesn’t give the Titans anything of a scrambling option. Pickett at least can make something happen if a play breaks down. Levis really doesn’t. I will say that Levis has elite arm strength and good size but doesn’t add much else.

Didn’t expect Pickett to be a better QB than Levis but he is.
By what standard? Pickett has a far better supporting cast than Levis, has far more starts under his belt, and is not impressive. Levis has flashes of brilliance. Needs experience and by next year you will change your mind on this.

By what standard? Pickett has a far better supporting cast than Levis, has far more starts under his belt, and is not impressive. Levis has flashes of brilliance. Needs experience and by next year you will change your mind on this.
What do you say to Kenny Pickett having seven 4Q comeback wins in less than two seasons? I have my issues with Pickett in that i think drives get stalled, or not even get started, because he misses receivers. But you can't deny the Steelers have won close games in the 4Q because he has lead them to game winning drives.

I also think the Steelers need a few design runs for Pickett. He is not a bad runner. May open up play action. And he can make things happen when on the move.................I think, when he doesn't overthrow.

He sure has a great arm. He really showed it on that drive. The 4th down penalty that kept the drive alive for the Titans was brutal.

More mobile and better accuracy. Levis is definitely handicapped by the monstrosity that is Mike Vrabel which hurts him immensely. Pittsburgh is so infatuated with Matt Canada but that man is twice the play caller that Vrabel is. Titans just have one of the smallest fanbases so our voices aren’t heard nearly as much

More mobile and better accuracy. Levis is definitely handicapped by the monstrosity that is Mike Vrabel which hurts him immensely. Pittsburgh is so infatuated with Matt Canada but that man is twice the play caller that Vrabel is. Titans just have one of the smallest fanbases so our voices aren’t heard nearly as much

You seem to have a lot of hate for Vrabel. The team got rid of its best wr two years ago in AJ Brown, can’t really blame Vrabel for the Titans being cheap.

Levis was impressive, good showing for a 1st NFL start but it’s never been about his ability, it’s about his maturity. Levis couldn’t win the starting qb position at Penn State, he was bad his senior year at UK and didn’t come across very well in interviews during the draft process. The Titans two best offensive players are on the wrong side of 30 in Derrick Henry and DeAndre Hopkins. Give the NFL 5 or 6 games of tape on Levis and teams will make him do whatever he does worse to beat them. Let’s see how Levis handles adversity and then we will see if he is a NFL potential starting qb. That is what the rest of the season is for the Titans - see what Levis is. Again, he’s looked really good thru 6 quarters.

Pickett misses some easy throws, that’s very concerning but his 4th qrt composure is impressive. It tells me the 10 other guys in that huddle believe in Pickett. Still a tbd for Pickett but it’s at the low cost of $3.3 mil against the cap.

You seem to have a lot of hate for Vrabel. The team got rid of its best wr two years ago in AJ Brown, can’t really blame Vrabel for the Titans being cheap.

Levis was impressive, good showing for a 1st NFL start but it’s never been about his ability, it’s about his maturity. Levis couldn’t win the starting qb position at Penn State, he was bad his senior year at UK and didn’t come across very well in interviews during the draft process. The Titans two best offensive players are on the wrong side of 30 in Derrick Henry and DeAndre Hopkins. Give the NFL 5 or 6 games of tape on Levis and teams will make him do whatever he does worse to beat them. Let’s see how Levis handles adversity and then we will see if he is a NFL potential starting qb. That is what the rest of the season is for the Titans - see what Levis is. Again, he’s looked really good thru 6 quarters.

Pickett misses some easy throws, that’s very concerning but his 4th qrt composure is impressive. It tells me the 10 other guys in that huddle believe in Pickett. Still a tbd for Pickett but it’s at the low cost of $3.3 mil against the cap.
Absolutely, Vrabel is a clown and has too much command of the offense and defense. He doesn’t win the big games and chokes when it matters most. It’s not just him but the entire Titans organization believes it’s still the 1970s.

The AJ Brown loss was offset by getting Deandre Hopkins.

I mean for Christ sakes the Titans didn’t let Levis throw on the 2nd to last drive until 4th down. I mean HELLO??? Don’t you see that you need a touchdown to win Mike??

Absolutely, Vrabel is a clown and has too much command of the offense and defense. He doesn’t win the big games and chokes when it matters most. It’s not just him but the entire Titans organization believes it’s still the 1970s.

The AJ Brown loss was offset by getting Deandre Hopkins.

I mean for Christ sakes the Titans didn’t let Levis throw on the 2nd to last drive until 4th down. I mean HELLO??? Don’t you see that you need a touchdown to win Mike??

The Titans tried to replace AJ Brown with Treylon Burks - that has been a waste of a 1st rd pick (glad he is ok).

Hopkins didn’t get signed by the Titans until this past offseason, there was a one year gap between the loss of Brown & the signing of Hopkins. At this point in their careers, Brown is in his prime & Hopkins is on the back 9 and hasn’t played a full season in 2 or 3 years.