2023 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hesitant to bring it up, but I was told a few new players have/or will be joining the Tigers this fall. I didn’t see anyone new on the roster. Just something I was told today by someone who would be more in the know than I
There are a few new names on the roster, both on Hudl and massillontigers.com

This one cracks me up. He has 1 catch for a TD and he’s getting D1 offers and he’s a sophomore. Nate, Trox, Mazur, guys the college ranks are trying to tell you boys something lol.
To be fair, notice the position listed… Offensive Tackle
I agree 33, and 86 I didn't even notice that, makes sense though, I'm sure they're projecting him to grow....at least weight wise and the kid is already a really good blocker.

The lake game Davenport and Bond were devastating blockers when in at the same time.
Actually last year before the season started I kinda suggested they both play Tackle. Which they basically did. But I agree. I’ve even suggested seeing Mike Wright on offense to block at times. I can guarantee someone is getting lit up by him. Regardless where you line him up. At the same I know you want to watch with those particular players how much playing both ways you go. Plus they don’t seem to like to use guys both ways as much as I do. It’s a fine line with your lineman I think.

Actually last year before the season started I kinda suggested they both play Tackle. Which they basically did. But I agree. I’ve even suggested seeing Mike Wright on offense to block at times. I can guarantee someone is getting lit up by him. Regardless where you line him up. At the same I know you want to watch with those particular players how much playing both ways you go. Plus they don’t seem to like to use guys both ways as much as I do. It’s a fine line with your lineman I think.
I can only imagine having Wright and Pringle lead for either Lenix or Mitchell on a 3rd and 1 or 3rd and goal. 😁

Moore went from 6’1” 200 his Soph year to 6’4” 270 his Jr year.
Davenport was listed at 6’6” 230 last year and I would say he looks to be every bit of 250 if not 260 now. I wouldn’t want to be a LB or S trying to tackle him running down the middle of the field.

There’s so many possibilities with the group of talent we have right now.
We’ll have to see how it all shakes out.
To piggy back off of the Pringle and Wright lead blocking with Lennix or Mitchell who btw remind me of a possible Falando/Travis duo, imagine Owens running behind that too. Seriously the amount of things they could do are limitless.

Clearly we have options on O.
Its gonna come down to the defense if it can stop the run and at least “Hold their own” against the D1 caliber offensive lines.
I agree and I also think it’s going to take some creativity against the better teams. You can’t just sit back in a base defense all the time. Mix it up with some blitzes etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.