2023 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
I predict a fine year for Ballard at OSU.

It may sound minor but someone at the WHAC needs to seize the punt returner job.

I don't like Harrison catching punts. You're TOSU. Find a punt returner.

I predict a fine year for Ballard at OSU.

It may sound minor but someone at the WHAC needs to seize the punt returner job.

I don't like Harrison catching punts. You're TOSU. Find a punt returner.
Harrison is catching punts just to have something to do during practice as he’s not really doing any live reps.

Egbuka will likely be the primary punt returner but is out recovering from injury

Yeah like MT3 said, it’s Egbukas job. I’d just as soon not have a punt returner than put Harrison back there though. Someone would tee off on him knowing our luck.

20230324_164420-01.jpeg

Does anyone know if our kickers have gotten strong enough to get kickoffs consistently in the end zone???

-Get your Season Tickets. Go to the WHS Ticket Office.-

2023 Massillon Washington Tigers Football Schedule

🐅🐅🐅🐅🐅🐅🐅🐅🐅🐅🐅🐅🐅🐅🐅🐅🐅Series Record
Fri-Aug18——Valdosta, GA.—————-——Home————-0-0-0
Fri-Aug 25——Glenoak—————-————Home————14-4-0
Fri-Sep 01——Mansfield————————--Home————44-4-5
Fri-Sep 08——Elkhart, IN.——————-——Home————-0-0-0
Fri-Sep 15——Lakewood St. Edward———-Home————-4-4-0
Fri-Sep 22——Middletown, DE.———-——-Home————-1-0-0
Fri-Sep 29——St. John’s Collegiate, DC.-—-Home———-—0-0-0
Fri-Oct 06——Austintown Fitch-————-—Away————-20-8-0
Fri-Oct 13——Warren Harding———-———Home————59-25-3
Sa-Oct 21——Canton McKinley——-———-Away————75-53-5
🐅🐅🐅🐅🐅🐅🐅🐅🐅🐅🐅🐅🐅🐅🐅🐅🐅🐅GO TIGERS!

I see all of the signage has been removed from the front of the stadium. Brick repair or a whole new face lift?

I'm assuming the work is just a schedule update. We have to get ready for the national spotlight.
Remember the days when Stu used to climb up there and repaint the schedule every year?
Everything is down including Obie and the Lettering-it’s just block.

Everything is down including Obie and the Lettering-it’s just block.
Here are some possibilities.

1) PBTS is closing it's doors....that would make a lot of people happy.

2) Massillon sold out and there will be a new name going up on the building, (Tom Benson Tiger Stadium? Hmmm, doesn't sound good at all.)

3) They're working on the brick and will put the lettering and Obie back up when they're done.

4) They got brand new lettering and an Obie.

Last edited:

2) Massillon sold out and their will be a new name going up on the building, (Tom Benson Tiger Stadium? Hmmm, doesn't sound good at all.

3) They're working on the brick and will put the lettering and Obie back up when they're done.

Hmm, I would like to solve the puzzle PAT ! I choose 3 and 4 :)

We're pretty lucky to have coach Moore, the things he and his wife do for the kids, the school and the community are valuable. The last two coaches seemed to be hanging on for dear life whereas Nate grabbed the wheel and righted the ship. Football wise he's vastly improved the scheduling, he doesn't bow down to anyone, media (his speech at last year's KO banquet), diva parents, (the Clarks and the Crables), took the unsportsmanlike at last year's Perry game sticking up for the kids. When he leaves, (hope it's not for a long time) we can say he left the program better than when he arrived.

2) Massillon sold out and there will be a new name going up on the building, (Tom Benson Tiger Stadium? Hmmm, doesn't sound good at all.)

Maybe they will put PAUL BROWN TIGER STADIUM. Sponsored by AQUA OHIO. And have Obie holding a water bottle.🤣🤣

I was looking at hudl and noticed on our roster that we have seemed to have lost quite a few kids from last year that were underclassmen. Anyone have any insight as to why or maybe the roster isn’t fully updated? Just curious…

Last edited:
I was looking at hudl and noticed on our roster that we have seemed to have lost quite a few kids from last year that were underclassmen. Anyone have any insight as to why or maybe the roster isn’t fully updated? Just curious…
I’ve noticed maybe 3 guys, how many is “quite a few”? Just wondering who else I might have missed.

I know the kicker doesn't show up on there.. who else? I always mean to print out the rosters to easily compare but printing off there is always tricky...My guess is a couple kids left for a better chance to start? I always hope they all stay for depth but at the end of the day, kids want to play or at least have a better shot.. probably tough for them, do I play a little for the Tigers and only play a little or go somewhere where I can get on the field? Sometimes those rosters do change a lot and kids and magically reappear a few weeks later. I hope that's the case because I know we always say it but this year could be that special year, they have a lot of pieces back more then I can ever remember.

I know the kicker doesn't show up on there.. who else? I always mean to print out the rosters to easily compare but printing off there is always tricky...My guess is a couple kids left for a better chance to start? I always hope they all stay for depth but at the end of the day, kids want to play or at least have a better shot.. probably tough for them, do I play a little for the Tigers and only play a little or go somewhere where I can get on the field? Sometimes those rosters do change a lot and kids and magically reappear a few weeks later. I hope that's the case because I know we always say it but this year could be that special year, they have a lot of pieces back more then I can ever remember.
I know we had 1 or 2 that might’ve fell in that category of finding a better opportunity to play. I was also curious about the kicker/punter no longer on the roster and #99

I know we had 1 or 2 that might’ve fell in that category of finding a better opportunity to play. I was also curious about the kicker/punter no longer on the roster and #99
From what my son told me the kicker never showed up at practice and was a team decision but can't guarantee that's true. I guess he's sticking to soccer.

Jaydece Thigpen/ St.Ed’s- WTF? This one pisses me off but it is what it is I guess

Kicker
Loquan Young
Kendal Thomas
Kamari Moore
Holloway, I just assumed wasn’t going to come back out.
Kyle Furbee
Ashton combs I guess left too

I realize it happens, just seems like a lot. When I was in school we never lost this many. Maybe a guy here or there. I guess that’s why I was asking.

maybe this all addition by subtraction. Like I said just curious more than anything. Losing a kid to St. Ed’s Just irks me

Last edited:
Jaydece Thigpen/ St.Ed’s- WTF? This one pisses me off but it is what it is I guess

Kicker
Loquan Young
Kendal Thomas
Kamari Moore
Kyle Furbee

I realize it happens, just seems like a lot. When I was in school we never lost this many. Maybe a guy here or there. I guess that’s why I was asking.

maybe this all addition by subtraction. Like I said just curious more than anything. Losing a kid to St. Ed’s Just irks me
Chasing a ring

Kicker
Loquan Young
Kendal Thomas
Kamari Moore
Kyle Furbee

Holloway graduates this year. Combs went back to Tuslaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.