2023 Glenville Football

would love to see Glenville have to play all these same teams in the playoffs again, very different if they are in lets say D2 and play Massillon, Avon, Hoban, TCC in the playoffs as well as some of those in the regular season. Those teams are very different from, Napoleon, Elyria Catholic, Jefferson Area, etc.

However, in the same breath, they can only play in the division they are in for the playoffs, so they can play these teams in the regular season, but we will never get to see rematches in the post season.

Tough for most if any D4 teams to match the talent Glenville is gathering. Should be an interesting year.

Someone also mentioned the coaching is better, and yes I would agree with that, which makes them an even more formidable opponent.

Glenville is like Israel: Surrounded by enemies and still shines. Let that be a lesson, haters.
Glenville is like Israel: Surrounded by enemies and still shines. Let that be a lesson, haters.
Not haters, just realists. I’ve scratched my head numerous times regarding their losses against Hilliard, McKinley, Iggy, Eds, and many other D1 and D2 elites. I don’t get how such a talented team can get demolished and/or clockruled. I have no issues with Glenville and like to see the kids do well in college (same with any kid in Ohio). When a “go D1/go pro or go home” mentality is created within a program, kids don’t do as well as advertised in college as compared to their high school days. Academic issues, transferring to any school with a pulse so you can play, and being a college dropout are perfect examples of that mentality. In summary, Don’t be a mirror image of the “Prototype.”

History usually repeats itself like these incidents. Make sure your t’s are crossed and i’s are dotted because Cleveland Public Schools don’t have the money or resources to challenge the OHSAA if another violation happens, which appears to raise some eyebrows.

LMAO. Talking about games that happened 15 years ago. Get lost clown.
I do think people love to throw shade Glenville's way unnecessarily, but you can't ignore that Glenville was reprimanded and sanctioned for conduct that, by your own admission, they appear to be engaging in once again (fresh off of probation). I hope for the kids sake the OHSAA doesn't come knocking again and levy another post-season ban. The D4 rural programs will only take so many whooping's before they demand action.

L
LMAO. Talking about games that happened 15 years ago. Get lost clown.
so beating Avon was your best win last year wow a team with maybe 1-2 div 1 players and team whose never won a single thing besides beating up on their conference opponents and with what 10ish div one guys you only won by 6 I was at the game……

It’s literally the exact same story as it was 15 yrs ago you’re just playing lesser competition. Just the facts.

Tell Lombardo to play us. And sorry he and his staff wasted their time coming to the Ginn Elite games, he got a big “thanks but no thanks” from all of our kids. The QB taking his talents elsewhere seemed to really piss him off, LOL. Go Tarblooders.

For both our sakes I hope we do play again soon. And we can continue the friendly banter. I loved playing and coaching against glenville because again we never lost. All hype no hardware the only thing that’s changed is now they have a little div 4 trophy to their name that no one is impressed by.

L

so beating Avon was your best win last year wow a team with maybe 1-2 div 1 players and team whose never won a single thing besides beating up on their conference opponents and with what 10ish div one guys you only won by 6 I was at the game……

It’s literally the exact same story as it was 15 yrs ago you’re just playing lesser competition. Just the facts.
Avon must not be too bad. Your AD calls all the time to schedule a game. And your coaches have tried to recruit kids from Avon.

Tell Lombardo to play us. And sorry he and his staff wasted their time coming to the Ginn Elite games, he got a big “thanks but no thanks” from all of our kids. The QB taking his talents elsewhere seemed to really piss him off, LOL. Go Tarblooders.
Tell us that your son is not that 8th grade quarterback going to Ginn without telling us your his dad. I went back through all your posts and see you talk about him constantly. Then I went back to Akronbornamdraised who was his father on here. And talked about him daily. He disappeared the day this account started.
From what I hear the kid is extremely talented.
Wish him and his dad (Zach morris) the best!
Best of luck to Glenville. But the more you talk on here the more people will scrutinize Glenville.
pretty sure Glenville does not want all this added attention on this thread. I would suggest you take high road rather than a first year dad , who’s son hasn’t even attended a freshman class to bide his time and let his great skills do the talking. Glenville doesn’t need a agitator ,everything is pointing in great direction for Glenville. Glenville doesn’t need this press they are getting on here. This thread would have disappeared if you where not on here posting every 20 minutes. Just my advice.
Let Glenville winning be your trash talking. Then create another account and get one or two jabs in and get out. Let this thread disappear.

HS football is the end all be all for some. Our goal is for our son to play at the next level and yea, St. Edward doesn’t come close to preparing kids for the next level. And like you, I hope we play again soon. Hopefully we can at least play at the lower levels this Fall.
They have been playing at the lower levels for years now, with St. Edward nearly always coming out victorious. Believe the freshman lost 18-6 to Glenville this past year though. I too hope the series picks back up at the varsity level.

I’m not telling you how to parent, I’m asking you to cool it down. It’s making haters and haters will complain. Talking about every program. Lake Catholic benedic
St joes massilon Ed’s and others.
While raving about a team your son hasn’t attended one class for. Let this thread die. Glenville has bright future, probably the best in Ohio over next few years. Wouldn’t want these haters complaining to OHSSA and maybe Glenville clean as a whistle. Maybe not. Just takes one kid getting caught and another suspension from playoffs. That would suck. Especially with your kid attending the school. And a shot at next quarterback

HS football is the end all be all for some. Our goal is for our son to play at the next level and yea, St. Edward doesn’t come close to preparing kids for the next level. And like you, I hope we play again soon. Hopefully we can at least play at the lower levels this Fall.
Doesn’t come close ……. Dude please stop they send 99% to college and more ivy league’s kids in one year than glenville has in its existence…..

That might be the dumbest comment anyone has ever muttered in this forum….. you can’t sit there with a straight face and honestly believe glenvile is anywhere remotely close to St Eds in academics , and or athletics they literally have the most state titles in Ohio across all sports.

At the end of the day...if Glenville was treated like a private no one would care if they played D-7. But because no other public gets the advantage that Glenville does. People care. Academically. Sorry. Ignatius, Ed's, Benedictine, Gilmour, Lake Catholic, Padua, Walsh, Holy Name, CCC, Hoban, SVSM, all have superior academics than Glenville. In some years Ignatius, Ed's, Benedictine, Hoban, SVSM, & Lake Catholic have been better athletically across the board as well.

Ed’s is no longer the go to for Glenville. Lombardo and Fink were at plenty of Ginn Elite games and practices. Years ago they would have had the QB (he was strongly considering Ed’s) and a few our RBs among others. Those days are over. Actually Ed’s best returning skill player just transferred to The Ville.
Eds was totally fine after Troy Smith couldn’t hack it there.

Doesn’t come close ……. Dude please stop they send 99% to college and more ivy league’s kids in one year than glenville has in its existence…..

That might be the dumbest comment anyone has ever muttered in this forum….. you can’t sit there with a straight face and honestly believe glenvile is anywhere remotely close to St Eds in academics , and or athletics they literally have the most state titles in Ohio across all sports.
Glenville isn’t on the same level as Eds when it comes to football and/or academics.

Very pumped for Glenvillle to come to Dowed this season, adds some new local juice to the schedule when more and more of Hoban's traditional local opponents fall by the wayside. Place will be packed.

Bring forth evidence that Glenville IS CHEATING NOW or shut the f*** up, haters. Hopefully they'll win again so you can cry some more. I love it
Why try to put fuel on fire. This thread will die.
I know double digit kids. Way more than that over years who rest their heads at night outside of Glenville school district. I’m not saying names.
nor would I. since this thread started I’ve talked with a buddy or two have said names of other kids as well. I know your a Glenville supporter as I am. But calling out the people will actually get more eyes snooping on the program.
Why do that. Maybe I’m wrong on all the people I know that don’t reside in Glenville district. Maybe I’m foolish. That I’m wrong even though I’ve been to their houses. Why as a Glenville supporter do you want to create 50/60 detectives that will call OHSSA ????? It makes no sense. Glenville is playing real teams 4 this year instead of 3. Nationally img on television. Why do you constantly try to call out? Glenville is going in right direction strongest classes coming , Ginn elite football is becoming the staple of pop Warner nationally and couple of glenville guys keep poking the bear! Why get that title. Get back on here after words and say I told you so, wait till next year
And do it again. Everyone has haters! Why let it get to you? Last guy was posting every other post!
We all want to talk football but since this threads getting all attention it keeps going. Let thread die.
And let Glenville dominate. Then rub it in for a week or two. Just advice, my two cents

Avon is not the sticks and neither is Olentangy Liberty. If you know anything about football it’s easy to spot the improved coaching.
correct Avon has been one of the top teams in the Cleveland area for awhile now. Last year's game between the two was one of the top matchups in NEO last year.

Just stating facts , honestly i hope glenville continues to win…… someone other then mentor needs to take the place of a powerhouse public school in NEO, but the same is true as is was 20 yrs ago glenville can’t kick , can’t punt , too many penalties pre and post snap and that won’t change.

When we played and coached against “the Ville” we knew their kids would be outta shape and mentally break in the second half and like clock work it always happened.
Kirtland mutters "Am I a joke to you?"

You people need to get a grip. Talk shh then someone responds to the BS you guys say someone is embarrassing themself and stop posting and you try to police Yappi and investigate and accuse people of being another kid’s Dad. If his Dad were on Yappi he would have cussed y’all out by now. This thread is about Glenville’s upcoming football season, let’s keep it at that. If you can’t, don’t direct your BS my way. Thank you.
"lighten up Francis"....everyone understands you are the most ardent fan and poster of the Ginnville High School football program "dynasty". Just dont get your "Well Known Member" credential on one topic/thread.

I say, Defund Yappi Police....

Yes. Let’s keep this about football. Glenville is a very talented football team. As they should be since they choose from a pool of kids that is equivalent to at least a d2 school. Not to mention poaching kids from all over the Cleveland area.

maybe Ginn finally came to his senses. Instead of complaining about private schools recruiting, just join them and cheat the system

Do you know where the IMG game will be played?

IMG is always looking to schedule teams from Ohio because their Associate AD is from Warren. I actually went to elementary school with him (he’s three years older than me).

IMG even tried to schedule Harding in week 2 of ‘21, but they (Harding) didn’t want to break their contract with Youngstown East at the last minute. It’s the game that Bishop Sycamore took, which is how they got exposed on ESPN.

IMG is always looking to schedule teams from Ohio because their Associate AD is from Warren. I actually went to elementary school with him (he’s three years older than me).

IMG even tried to schedule Harding in week 2 of ‘21, but they (Harding) didn’t want to break their contract with Youngstown East at the last minute. It’s the game that Bishop Sycamore took, which is how they got exposed on ESPN.
Yes, I believe you're talking about Jason.