2023 Glenville Football

I see the Anti-Glenville Brigade is out in force again. Hopefully the Tarblooders go undefeated and finish the season holding up the state championship trophy again. I love to see the haters eat crow two years in a row

Last edited:
Who knows without a doubt Hoban will outcoach anyone? Glenville has 17 kids with D1 offers and more ranked kids than Hoban and a much better coaching staff. And lol at Avon, they didn’t beat Glenville last season and Glenville is stronger.
I’ve heard this line before for numerous years from Glenville and Hilliard out coached them.

They beat a D1 regional finalist last year from the Columbus metro.
That lost to an elite Springfield.

The teams they beat wouldn’t classify as top 10-15 teams in the state.

I’m just going to keep it real. If you think beating STVM 25-0 and then barely squeezing by Avon makes you think you can compete with anyone, you’re in for a rude awakening.

Bumping down to D4 by a loop hole to win (and previously forfeiting a playoff season and games since you were caught ) is really nothing to brag about.

I’m not a hater, just a realist.

You do realize when they were in D1, they had their share of wins against really good St. Ed's, St. Ignatius, and Mentor teams
The difference with Glenville then and now is that kids realized they don’t have to go to Glenville to get D1 looks. This is what happened to Mooney as well.

That lost to an elite Springfield.

The teams they beat wouldn’t classify as top 10-15 teams in the state.

I’m just going to keep it real. If you think beating STVM 25-0 and then barely squeezing by Avon makes you think you can compete with anyone, you’re in for a rude awakening.
Avon lost to Toledo Central Catholic by a touchdown. The same margin that Hoban lost to TCC.
I really don't think that the people on here who are short changing Glenville paid attention to their personnel last year. They have a bunch of guys coming back. Do yall honestly think that they would choose to drop to 5 Senate league games in 2023 if they didn't have the team to compete?

Glenville could win D-2 state this coming year if they could compete in it. They should be allowed to move up 2 divisions not one.
Same with Richmond hts. But once you move up you must stay up in that division for 4 years. Before being allowed to reavaluate numbers.
OHSAA should look into this

Glenville could win D-2 state this coming year if they could compete in it. They should be allowed to move up 2 divisions not one.
Same with Richmond hts. But once you move up you must stay up in that division for 4 years. Before being allowed to reavaluate numbers.
OHSAA should look into this
Incorrect!!! Schools cannot just choose to move up or down, no such option exists. Schools are assigned to a division based on enrollment and competitive balance numbers, this is the entire process….no choice in matter

Incorrect!!! Schools cannot just choose to move up or down, no such option exists. Schools are assigned to a division based on enrollment and competitive balance numbers, this is the entire process….no choice in matter
Incorrect? It was an opinion. I believe schools should be allowed to jump 2 divisions but must maintain that division for 4 years. So just because they have a couple good teams coming up. They might get stuck 3/4 years later, when talent dries up

Incorrect? It was an opinion. I believe schools should be allowed to jump 2 divisions but must maintain that division for 4 years. So just because they have a couple good teams coming up. They might get stuck 3/4 years later, when talent dries up
Teams are looked at every 2 years by OHSSA for defining as to what division the high schools will play. they will play. It is called the competitive balance. They use a system that adds extra students in enrollment numbers for private schools ot public schools based loosely on whether kids on the roster are from grade schools from their district. They add student to enrollment numbers if they are classified as outside district. teams can only move up or down 1 level from current one. Glanville has found a loop hole using the Ginn academy. They should based on enrollment be in D2.

I'd love to see the Tarblooders repeat as state champs. Hopefully they do. They're gonna have to fight every day if they want it
They should handle d4 pretty easily until the final 4 I'd think. A lot of teams besides maybe 2 in their region lost a ton.

However, it does seem they will have less homegrown players on the roster this year according to this forum with a few transfers from WJ and Garfield Heights to name a few.

I just don't see anyone stopping their offense. The TB has to be a preseason Mr. Football candidate, he is fun to watch

They should handle d4 pretty easily until the final 4 I'd think. A lot of teams besides maybe 2 in their region lost a ton.

However, it does seem they will have less homegrown players on the roster this year according to this forum with a few transfers from WJ and Garfield Heights to name a few.

I just don't see anyone stopping their offense. The TB has to be a preseason Mr. Football candidate, he is fun to watch
The Garfield Hts and Walsh Jesuit transfers want to be apart of something special. Good for them.

The Garfield Hts and Walsh Jesuit transfers want to be apart of something special. Good for them.
I'm not against it, I'm just saying the talk on here last year was that the 22 team was all homegrown kids who came back. Might be a little different this year.

I hope they run the table in the regular season no doubt, would silence a lot of people and honestly, I'm tired of hearing about Hoban all the time.

How many does Glenville have to replace on D?

I'm not against it, I'm just saying the talk on here last year was that the 22 team was all homegrown kids who came back. Might be a little different this year.

I hope they run the table in the regular season no doubt, would silence a lot of people and honestly, I'm tired of hearing about Hoban all the time.

How many does Glenville have to replace on D?
I don't care if the kids live in the Glenville zone or not. It makes no difference to me. I just get tired of all the attacks on them and on Ginn. Kids want to play there just like they want to play at St. Edward, Hoban, Moeller, La Salle, Ursuline, Hartley, etc. What's he supposed to do? Turn them away?

Teams are looked at every 2 years by OHSSA for defining as to what division the high schools will play. they will play. It is called the competitive balance. They use a system that adds extra students in enrollment numbers for private schools ot public schools based loosely on whether kids on the roster are from grade schools from their district. They add student to enrollment numbers if they are classified as outside district. teams can only move up or down 1 level from current one. Glanville has found a loop hole using the Ginn academy. They should based on enrollment be in D2.
I know how competitive balance works.
My opinion is certain teams dominate divisions,
Would be nice if OHSAA made exceptions on moving up 2 divisions. So we can see more competitive games. Glenville will walk thru division 4 again. And it’s also a safety issue

No, he’s not supposed to turn kids away. However he needs to play by the same set of rules that everyone else plays by. Bottom line is they have a d2 enrollment in Glenville and because he uses HIS academy as a side show he is able to play d4. BS in my opinion.

Every football player attends Ginn Academy. GA has 209 boys.
Excuse me for putting my arse into this. Below is a post I made back in December and it was somewhat of a heated arguement.
----
Per OHSAA "**Schools marked with a ** (Glenville has **) had additional students "added back" to their base enrollment count. These "add back" students attend either an online school sponsored by the district or a non-traditional school sponsored by the district which does not offer sports. Both these classifictions (misspelling from an educational sponsored institution...hmm) of students are permitted a participation opportunity back at the assigned OHSAA member school and are therefore added back to the base enrollment count".

This statement by OHSAA would indicate they have counted students belonging to a particular school while attending another ( i guess, since I am not privy to the intricacies of the OHSAAA counting methodology), even the CB# for Glenville is 0., thus leaving one to believe the numbers registered are in fact legitimate. Therefore, I have to trust the "governing agency" to get the counts correct and that I cannot argue that Glenville is within the parameters of OHSAA for being a DIV school. But as many have pointed out, there may be some fudging "(loophole") to these numbers and arguments to made against Glenville actually being DIV. To me, I dont give a rats arse

However, considering the male enrollment drop, at Glenville, just over the last three year counting cycles compared in relation to female enrollment.

2016 -416 Male and 233 Female
2018 - 317 Male and 201 Female
2021 - 249 Male and 213 Female

Net 167 male decline and 20 female decline. At this rate Glenville will DVI is three years.

This around 41% decrease in male enrollment compared to a 9% decrease of female enrollment over a five year period and that is not in line or proportional with the decline of the Cleveland area population.

I have researched about 235 schools enrollment over the aforementioned time period and I have not been able to find one that is within a galaxy of the male HS enrollment decline to what Glenville has had over the stated time period. One person on this thread outlined the divisional breakdowns from 2007 till present and how Glenville dropped from DI to DIV... that is unprecedented. However, when did the Ginn Academy come on line? Is there a correlation? IDK, possibly. Another poster stated that not one Glenville football player attends the Ginn Academy and though I cannot argue that, the statistics do not back up that claim.

-----

Interesting to hear from one GHS parent on Yappi, what I gather was a mother of a player, that no kids playing football for GHS attend GA. Now, according to you, every football player attends GA. If there are 249 at GHS and another 209 at GA = 458 boys may exceed the DIV threshold.

Kind of an interesting thing going on up in Cleveland with this whole counting and math thing.

Excuse me for putting my arse into this. Below is a post I made back in December and it was somewhat of a heated arguement.
----
Per OHSAA "**Schools marked with a ** (Glenville has **) had additional students "added back" to their base enrollment count. These "add back" students attend either an online school sponsored by the district or a non-traditional school sponsored by the district which does not offer sports. Both these classifictions (misspelling from an educational sponsored institution...hmm) of students are permitted a participation opportunity back at the assigned OHSAA member school and are therefore added back to the base enrollment count".

This statement by OHSAA would indicate they have counted students belonging to a particular school while attending another ( i guess, since I am not privy to the intricacies of the OHSAAA counting methodology), even the CB# for Glenville is 0., thus leaving one to believe the numbers registered are in fact legitimate. Therefore, I have to trust the "governing agency" to get the counts correct and that I cannot argue that Glenville is within the parameters of OHSAA for being a DIV school. But as many have pointed out, there may be some fudging "(loophole") to these numbers and arguments to made against Glenville actually being DIV. To me, I dont give a rats arse

However, considering the male enrollment drop, at Glenville, just over the last three year counting cycles compared in relation to female enrollment.

2016 -416 Male and 233 Female
2018 - 317 Male and 201 Female
2021 - 249 Male and 213 Female

Net 167 male decline and 20 female decline. At this rate Glenville will DVI is three years.

This around 41% decrease in male enrollment compared to a 9% decrease of female enrollment over a five year period and that is not in line or proportional with the decline of the Cleveland area population.

I have researched about 235 schools enrollment over the aforementioned time period and I have not been able to find one that is within a galaxy of the male HS enrollment decline to what Glenville has had over the stated time period. One person on this thread outlined the divisional breakdowns from 2007 till present and how Glenville dropped from DI to DIV... that is unprecedented. However, when did the Ginn Academy come on line? Is there a correlation? IDK, possibly. Another poster stated that not one Glenville football player attends the Ginn Academy and though I cannot argue that, the statistics do not back up that claim.

-----

Interesting to hear from one GHS parent on Yappi, what I gather was a mother of a player, that no kids playing football for GHS attend GA. Now, according to you, every football player attends GA. If there are 249 at GHS and another 209 at GA = 458 boys may exceed the DIV threshold.

Kind of an interesting thing going on up in Cleveland with this whole counting and math thing.
Same old story. Nothing new. Ginn is recruiting athletes from all over. Ginn Academy is the loophole. Not sure if the Ginn Academy enrollment works against the Glenville number for Division??? But I think that's the loophole. Glenville is the closest school that has football. Ginn Academy plays for Glenville. Ginn always working the system. Got caught a few years ago. Wonder why the same things keep on happening? Why isn't the OHSAA not looking into this? According to Private school state rules, Glenville should be moved back up to D-1.

south park beat a dead horse GIF

I think you kind of flew off the handle on what was simply an opinion / suggestion. Notice the poster said SHOULD. They were simply offering an idea to the current situation not anything factual or current.